What is your theme song?

Probably everyone has a favorite song or two (or more). But do you have a “theme song”? A song that really resonates with you and that you feel describes your life to some degree?

Over the past many years, I have had a series of them but my current theme song, the one I identify with the most, is “Man in Motion” from the 1980s movie St. Elmo’s Fire.

In particular, I relate to the lyrics “I can make it, I know I can, you broke the boy in me but you won’t break the man” and “just once in his life, a man has his time, and my time is now, I’m coming alive!”

There is a recurring line in the song which says “all I need is a pair of wheels.” I had no idea what that meant until I looked it up online and found out this song was written about a Canadian man who lost the use of his legs in an accident. However, he was determined to not let that hold him down and he rolled his wheel chair coast to coat across Canada.

I love the upbeat melody and the theme of personal victory over adversity embodied in this song. What is your theme song?

Comments

• edited June 2022

For anyone not familiar with the song, here is a link

• This is a hard 1, sooo many genres I love …. Still thinking lol

• I have so many; it's quite the challenge to choose just one!

This one has stuck around for a while though:

<3 music <3<3

• edited June 2022

• I’ve got a few.

Don’t You Forget About Me by Simple Minds.

Bad Reputation by Joan

Bullshit by Grace Jones

Uncle John’s Band by The Grateful Dead

• At @JohnR1972 Love Man in Motion and the movie. Underrated movie. Their "Georgetown University " were all filmed at UMD frat row or campus. Lol

• edited June 2022

Haven't figure out the lyrics besides it being about the best version of yourself, but I'm in love with bachata music and dancing.

• @cylee1180 🔥🔥🔥 that song is about him not appreciating what he had when he had her / now that they’re not together she’s living the best version of herself & it is killing him that she is doing so without him … there’s nothing more that he wants than to make it right but she’s not budging.

I’m glad you like bachata! Romeo Santos / Aventura the kings of it 🎶

• @cuddles_ndream. Just looked it up. The lyrics def don't rep me but beautiful song, lyrics, vocals, composition. Bachata is a beautiful dance and teaches a lot about consent and vibes and respect for partners too.

"The best version of me
    Versions: #1#2
    Click to see the original lyrics (Spanish)
    The best version of me
    You didn't meet her
    Because you always stopped me
    With your bad attitude
    I could never have been, who I was
    Because I loved you in your way
    And I forgot to be myself

The best version of me
    It's about to come
    Because I'm recovering
    All my security
    The one that you took from me
    With your pointless jealousy
    With your way of thinking

But the time came for me and I wanted to be stronger
    And now I'm so convinced that I shouldn't see you
    That I lost my time
    While you were winning
    Because I'm worth a lot more than you imagined
    And now I am here
    Enjoying the best version of me

And because today I don't have, I have so many things
    Now I'm starting to enjoy roses a little more
    Please, don't insist me
    Don't try it either
    If I already know that you never fulfill what you promise me
    And now I am here
    Enjoying the best version of me

It's not your turn
    Enjoy the best version of me
    https://lyricstranslate.com"

• @cylee1180 growing up as a kid my mom would constantly play bachata / my sister would play SlowJamz & R&b / & my neighborhood was pure rap & hiphop … my next post on the music thread will be some bachata 🥂

• @cuddles_ndream Nice. I just found an old bachata mix on YouTube and a new one. Very duiff vibes. There's a whole Spotify Playlist someone made from a forum I'm in for 90s r and b. Lemme find it.

• @cylee1180 ”lemme find out / bananas” lol … just posted a few on the music thread hope you enjoy 🎶

• edited June 2022

@cuddles_ndream Whats this about bananas? Gwen Stefani?

• @cylee1180 lol that’s Romeo Santos

• edited June 2022

@cuddles_ndream. Lol. Duno song. Check that Playlist on Spotify. It'll take you back. Lol Tony rich and Jodeci, Boyz 2 men. Etc

• Not my song yet... But I'm hopeful about getting there someday...

• I have a REALLY long drive tomorrow. I am going to be listening to all these songs above as I travel and learning a little bit about everyone who posted.

• edited November 2022

• @pty1999 it's so funny that you have the Golden Girls song. I was at one of my cuddle friends house wed and she has several Golden Girls tshirts hanging on her wall like posters lol. I think one actually has the exact pic you posted

• edited November 2022

EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD

• Devin Townsend - Bastard

My life has been a perpetual battle against various challenges, in hindsight I don't think I'd have it any other way

• Battle Without Honor Or Humanity https://g.co/kgs/YKx2Tp

I always like the thought of having this song playing as I was walking in somewhere important.

• My emo side will say Creep by Radiohead

• Honestly I’ve never felt my age I’ve always felt like I was much younger. So when I hear the song dancing Queen by ABBA I can actually feel like I’m 17 again when I’m dancing.

• I heard this song on the local news station. It reminded me a lot of myself:)

• @JohnR1972 I love that song John and I love that movie. I think I only saw it when it came out. If you stop by Akron sometime let’s watch it together:)