What is the dumbest thing you've witness somebody do? (either in person or on the internet)

This guy lit a firework in his room.

Comments

• edited July 2022

I was in Badlands National Park, photographing a small flock of bighorn sheep, when a man approached me and asked "What are these animals?' I told him that they were bighorn sheep, and he replied "Oh good. My kids will love to pet them.

• @GreatHornedOwl - That statement should get them banned from all national parks for life and given the address to a petting zoo.

• edited July 2022

When I was a kid, lightening struck a huge tree in my family's yard and fell across the street in front of our house. A number of cars lined up behind it, with drivers laying on their horns. Went on for a while.

• Drive. Talk. Lecture. Combat sports fans trying to win a debate (bunch of ignorant, two-bit casuals posing as armchair experts). This is me just warming up. Lol

• When I was a kid, lightening struck a huge tree in my family's yard and fell across the street in front of our house. A number of cars lined up behind it, with drivers laying on their horns. Went on for a while.

Sounds like they were stumped.

• @FunCartel They failed to find the root of the problem.

• Remembered another one: Met a guy in my college dorm who thought some lights he could see in the distance fom his window were Los Angeles. This was in Pennsylvania, not that it really matters.

• edited July 2022

I used to live in on a street at the top of a long decline because the road went under a train overpass. One winter a series of unfortunate events occurred, the sewer drain under the train overpass clogged and we got a lot of rain so the street flooded about 5’ deep at the deepest point. The water came to within about 50’ of my driveway and the police set up barricades in front of my house to prevent anyone from trying to drive through the flooded street.

The temperature dropped and the “street lake” froze over, the. We got about 2” of snow on top of it. Some absolute IDIOT drove through my yard to get around the police barricades and tried to drive their F-150 across the snow covered ice. They made it about 100’ before the truck broke through the ice and the water level was about a little above the bottom of the driver’s window.

He struggled to open the drivers door and when he did the whole cab filled with water. He called a wrecker to get him out and when. It arrived the driver of the wrecker unspooled about 100’ of cable and handed it to the F-150 driver to wade back into the freezing water and attach it to his truck. Keep in mind, the ice did not break until the truck was about 100’ in from the edge of the ice. When the wrecker started reeling in the truck, it looked like a Coast Guard Ice Cutter plowing the 1-2” thick ice and it was really tearing up the sheet metal on the truck.

I was laughing my butt off watching this from my front yard - standing in the tire tracks from where the idiot drove through my yard. It wasn’t until the truck had cleared the ice that I saw the funniest thing of all - paper dealer plates taped to the inside of the back window of the truck. The truck was brand new 😂😂😂

• @Mike_Girard Wow. Just wow.
    @JohnR1972 Not sure what's wrong with some people. Lol.

• [Deleted User]AIToCuddle (deleted user)

Man I was coming back from class at my university. I live in FL so it's a lot of scattered showers, typically heavy ones then the sun comes back out. I seen this dude who was a student at my same university. He wore these shades, looking all cool and stuff while he rode his moped. He decides to ride through the dip in the grass which happens to be where a very large puddle is. I literally stopped walking to witness this. All you you heard was "Eeeerrreere, SPLASH" He sunk into the puddle so fast. Then he had the never to get up all cool like he wasn't soak and wet and speed off, lol.

• Not to say dumbest but I don’t get it, the other day I saw a guy jogging wearing a mask. He looked in pretty bad shape, like he was struggling to breathe, wonder what it could have been.

• Have kids.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited July 2022

@supernova22 Oxygen deprivation is also used by high level athletes to facilitate a more efficient transfer of oxygen between red blood cells...this includes high altitude training and simulated machines or circumstances.

Yeah. But for that guy, maybe he needed a more breathable mask or no mask... lol

• edited July 2022

It’s not difficult jogging with a mask. Jogging makes you breathe harder, mask or no mask. I’ve known runners who have taken to wearing them because they have allergies and they discovered it offered some protection from pollen. So not that dumb, really. I used to work in construction, had to wear a respirator, which takes more effort, all day for 3 weeks & doing very physical labor. It did not slow me down one bit and I have asthma and was recovering from pneumonia. I’ve known plenty of people who have engaged in very vigorous physical activity wearing masks or respirators. The problems people encounter are mostly psychological.

• The dumbest thing I did was to step into a wrong marriage

• @SunsetSnuggles - My grand parents had 13 children of their own and adopted one.

• @SunsetSnuggles are you saying having kids is dumb in general, or are you talking about someone specific who didn't make a smart choice for them by having kids?

• @CuddlesByDeep - Having kids is dumb. Who wants to take care of a screaming doodie geyser? I'm sure she was being sarcastic.

• Holding the view that having kids is dumb reflects poorly on that person’s parents. They surely made a mistake if that is one’s view.

• @FunCartel - They say that if they don't like kids themselves. I know I don't.

• edited July 2022

I know a couple of individual situations where bringing kids into the picture was a dumb move. It's not a view I'd hold in general, however.

• @mike403 I understand that, but if the statement is “Having kids is dumb” it is a general statement not specific to themselves. Whoever says that is calling themselves a dumb move.

• @FunCartel - It's called sarcasm.

• edited July 2022

Yes I know it’s sarcasm. So is mine. You can play one off the other. Just because one makes a sarcastic statement does not mean comebacks aren’t allowed.

• @CuddlesByDeep No it isn’t a view to hold in general. It is misanthropic with a narrow view of things. I do understand the personal choice not to have children and support it, but to have the view that having children is dumb is selfish, arrogant and very judgmental as you are now going beyond the self and labeling others.

• If it was up to me, all humans would cease to exist. We did nothing but destroy this planet.

• @Mike403 i agree and disagree. We also hold the answers to save the earth. Whether we do them is up for debate. Either way if the planet is destroyed we are destroyed and therefore cease to exist.

• I've been told by somebody that it's selfish to not want kids. I was like, "Selfish to who? The kids that don't exist?" Selfish would be becoming a parent then neglecting your children.

• @Mike403 Nope you didn’t read closely. I said it is perfectly fine if you do not want kids. I said it is selfish to tell other people that having kids is dumb, because then you are not talking about yourself but passing judgement on others. That is selfish. Not having kids yourself is not selfish. That is a personal choice I respect.

• @FunCartel - I didn't say that you said that. It was somebody not on this site.