What is the dumbest thing you've witness somebody do? (either in person or on the internet)

Comments

• I'm not sure why I still argue with random people on Facebook. The platform used to be cool and hip. Now it's a place to go to keep in touch with Grandma.

• I used to have a house on the crossbar of a T intersection. Anyone driving up the stem had to make a right and go past my house, or go left, because there was a drainage ditch opposite. So, one winter's day, we heard a crash, went out to look, and saw that someone had come up the stem and failed to turn due to ice on the road. The car was on our front lawn, close to the ditch. He calls a wrecker and gets towed out. OK, cool, right? Can happen to anyone. So about two hours later, we hear another crash. It's a different car, and this time it's hanging over the end of the big pipe that feeds drainage water under the road. When the driver gets out, we realise IT'S THE SAME GUY!! Same guy, same icy road, two different cars, same stupid mistake twice in one day.

• [Deleted User]Verbena (deleted user)
    edited July 2022

@FunCartel and @Mike403 I think @SunsetSnuggles meant that if you have children you will then witness young humans that will do very dumb things. I don't think she meant having kids was dumb. She probably has kids she loves and has just seen some things 🤣

Edited.... I reread and maybe she didn't mean that. I shouldn't claim for other people. Because now that I think about it I've seen people that have had kids where that decision for them in fact was dumb.

• Weird Some how knew I would get push bad but I won’t respond because I don’t want to get banned or a timeout by disagreeing with a moderator, I’ll be sure to censor myself now.

• edited July 2022

@Verbena Regardless what @SunsetSnuggles means, I think we can just let her have her opinion without being all over and critiquing her.

Some pple can't afford children, some pple don't deserve to raise children, and sometimes children can affect a parents life negatively and vice versa.

Besides that , raising a family can be awesome if that's your aim, but I think it's always to require a lot of work and headache. I think Oscar Wilde said most kids come into this world loving their parents and few leave without hating them.

• edited July 2022

Loved that show growing up! Hahaha

Polk high, 4 touchdowns in one game!

• [Deleted User]Verbena (deleted user)

@cylee1180
    For sure :)
    My speculation was mearly to add a potential other side to the commentary.

Absolutely! The complexities, pros, and cons are endless.

• @Verbena Agree! I just think she was taking too much heat. Lol

• edited July 2022

I love children. I couldn't eat a whole one though

Edit: oh wait, should that be in the exotic foods thread?

• Candidates for dark humor...

• Having kids when one isn't ready for them is one of the dumbest things one could do.

• @Mike403 1:33 Children children

• @CuddleDuncan Either the adventurous food thread or the dark humor thread :) Lol.
    @Mike403 It's very irritating to be told you are selfish for not wanting children. That happened to me. Meanwhile that person has 2 children whose parents are divorced and they have a not-so-good stepdad. I didn't want a screaming doodie geyser either. That's hilarious!

There are noble reasons for not having children. The average person walking down my street seems oblivious to this, but I can tell there are many people here who could see that.

• edited July 2022

Old enough to remember when this was a lighthearted thread about dumb shit people do. When did everyone start requiring everyone else to ratify their decisions? If I'm confident in my choices, some random naysayer won't raise a hackle.

• edited July 2022

@Mike_Girard - Threads tend to evolve here. If somebody said something that rubbed someone the wrong way, they start an argument about it.

• edited July 2022

@Mike403 yeah I'm aware of what happened. Nothing unique to these forums.

• Went over to a friend's house and he was about 10' up a tree, cutting off a large limb. Trouble was, he was sitting on the limb and sawing BETWEEN himself and the tree trunk. At least he didn't break any bones when he came crashing down.

• @CallMeMikey - Maybe he watched too many cartoons where the tree would fall down and the limb he was sitting on stayed stationary in mid air.

• edited July 2022

Now someone please tell a funny story about some dumbass.

• Having kids when one isn't ready for them is one of the dumbest things one could do.

Now that goes beyond opinion…that is fact!

• edited July 2022

When I was driving home on the 4th of July, I saw some idiot blow passed a red light narrowly missing somebody. Where does he have to be in such a hurry?

• This kid in high-school put one of those listereen breath mint strips in his eye 😬

• Now someone please tell a funny story about some dumbass.

Ok, tell us your life story.

(You stepped into that one)

• edited July 2022

@FunCartel maybe not my whole life story, but certainly some chapters. I willfully moved to Philadelphia, for instance.

• Then there was the time I attempted the intricate task of making a right turn while pulling a McDonald's hash brown from the box and drove entirely over a sidewalk parking meter. As you can tell from my fallen tree story, my childhood environment was not exactly enriched. Sometimes it shows.

• When my uncle was living he had his phone to his ear and was asking where his phone was. I know other people have done that too:)

This isn't the dumbest thing I've done by far. One time I lost my cell phone in the house. I still had a landline. I mentioned this to a guy at work and he said call your cell phone with your landline and you can locate by hearing the ring. I did that and heard a ring under the bed. When I dropped? my phone it had bounced? into a shoe under the bed. LOL. I was chronically tired in those days.

• I was once rushing to get to a wedding and had to iron/steam some wrinkles out of my dress. Mind you, I was PANICKING to leave the house on time. The dress was hanging up as I was steaming it and I didn't have anything to iron it on. I stupidly used my leg as an ironing board (I guess I thought the heat wouldn't penetrate through the dress...WRONG), and ended up burning the top of my thigh and leaving a clear iron mark for months.

In conclusion, not only was I late for the wedding but I was also nursing a giant burn the whole evening.