Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    In the first one , the admin informed the community , to report the offender to him and he will correct .

Not two weeks later , another plagiarizer was discovered , and either the admin was to busy to intervene , or just let happen , other forum members cut the offender to pieces , I think she apologized like three times , before the discusion thread stopped 

manti : I don't like pecking orders , but when you enter the workforce , you may experience that phenomena, with a larger assemblage of workers 

edit :  basically , it looks like the forum owner , with a huge workload running the site , can elect to " let forum situations work themselves out ", so he can pursue , other required tasks.
  • [Deleted User]manticorp (deleted user)
    Yes, that entire thread was a bit....overkill in all honesty. Plaigarizing isn't right, but she did her best to make amends and other posters kept picking at her until the thread was closed. The issue was resolved but commentors were still getting out of hand. I'm not saying members of our community shouldn't call out things in the community, but rule-breaking shouldn't be reinforced.

And yes, I'm aware of how things work in the workforce. It's ugly and messy most times, especially in retail. This isn't a workforce. It's a community of people with a common niche bond. We aren't making products, we're using this site as a means to enrich our lives with something we're lacking. If this community behaved like a workforce, I would've left immediately because I already deal with that behavior nearly every day; I doubt many people here wish to deal with that type of heirarchy on a site meant to connect people who want to cuddle.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Kind of creates stress and makes you seek a cuddle buddie .   
     Good night and I'm bowing out of this discussion 
  • edited June 2017
    The blog has been brought into the 21st century and we now have our first blog since 2013 thanks to Starlight.

If anyone else is interested in being a contributor then please let me know. Ideally the blog will be run by those in the community who enjoy writing and ideally have journalistic interest. Blogs will be published to Twitter & Facebook.
  • Something that I would like to see is the ability to add comments when you post a new picture on your profile. I also would like to be able to like comments and use emoticons. 
  •  @Manticorp, @Chococuddles, @pmvines 
     I also agree with everything you guys said! 

Something that I would also like to see is a way to see who you have banned from looking at your profile and who you haven't  without needing to go through the process of banning or unbanning someone else. I check out the CC site exclusively on my phone. If there's a way to do that it would be great!  
  • " Something that I would also like to see is a way to see who you have banned from looking at your profile and who you haven't  without needing to go through the process of banning or unbanning someone else. "

Please can you elaborate on that? I don't really understand what you're suggesting.
  • edited June 2017
    Any idea what kept the site down for such a large part of today?  Was able to get on twice (after many attempts), but found the pages not to be navigable. And ended up triple-posting to the forum because I didn't know my post had gone through. With the number of times the site has been down in recent weeks, I don't know if it's just outgrowing its host or if it is somehow under attack. :-/  Anything to fix the general balky behavior of the site would be awesome.
  • edited June 2017
    It was a DDoS attack originating from 22 countries.
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    Why would someone attack thus site?
  • Good question.
  • @mark, Dear Mark, this is not the only site affected by the DDoS attack in NZ and Aus, Banks, government departments, and a host of others.
    Even some emergency services had problems.
    John Auckland NZ.
  • I like the fact that I could narrow my preferences such as a non- smoker, non-drinker, or a Christian, through people answering questions in their profile. Even drives or hosts helps me, I have no problem with the questions asked.

I think leave the questions .. People still have an option to leave them blank, as I've seen them do ..

I like the visitors feature as it gives me a nice feeling of being wanted... looked for, after a stressful, lonely day.

I wouldn't keep coming back to this site, if I didn't see active people visiting me .. Too busy in real life, so it helps to know when I'm asked for!

Thank you for your time.
  • edited June 2017
    @funandadventure I suspect those are different incidents. This was not a broad attack on a datacenter the server is connected with but instead appears to have been directly targeted at this website.
  • Good to know the site being down wasn't only happening to me.  Sent some messages 3-4 times over, which I'm guessing was caused by the site going in and out of connection.

One general change I would love to see is if the messages tab had the ability to refresh itself without requiring a manual refresh. 

Also wondering what gives with the new tendency to immediately ask for phone numbers.  The last 5-6 messages received have done exactly that, and I find it strange.  Is this some new recommendation or does anyone have insight into why that's occurring?
  • @Mark Due to convenience I only use my phone to check the cc site.  I haven't found any other way to see who I have banned aside from clicking on someone that I know I have banned and unbann them or clicking on someone that I know I haven't banned and bann them. There's a favorites button and the friends button but no way to get to the banned section. Could we add a banned button to that area please? 
  • Obviously I missed something but from what I gathered, there was an ongoing discussion simply from looking at a person's profile. As for me, look all you wish. I have nothing to hide, you're entitled to a good laugh and I adore the attention. Yeah, I admit it. 

I wish people would lighten up. In my humble opinion, this is the wrong site to present ongoing disagreements. Aren't we supposed to be demonstrating a calm, understanding environment that welcomes everyone. Some people really need a hug and I mean really need a hug. 

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    @lotsofcuddles. I need a hug and I mean really need a hug. Where's Christina Hendricks when ya need her? ^_^

@PinkLipstick22 - Agreed on the automatic refresh, if possible. People immediately asking for phone numbers is ridiculously common, especially on dating sites. It's strange and rather desperate but it's been around for many years and isn't going away any time soon. I'd either ignore or inform them you aren't comfortable giving your number out yet.

Btw my number is 310.... (too soon?)
  • @chococuddles - You know I actually had to look up Christina Hendricks. I had no idea who she was. Then again, I just found out Batman died. This is what happens to the mind when one works nights far longer than they should. 
  • edited June 2017
    @snuggle554321

Ahh, you meant blocked members rather than banned.

I have now added a link to view them at the bottom of the Settings page.
  •  Thank you so much Mark!  I really appreciate that!  HUGE HUG!!!! 
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    @mark one feature along with the search option related to when someone last logged on is search those who we haven't contacted before. I may have contacted someone months ago with no reply and maybe they changed their photos or something and I don't realize I have this would weed out my search list to just new people. So that search option might be a nice additional option.
  • HI Mark. I had several people that were friends leave the site. All mail from them disappeared as well. I can see in my Gmail that messages were sent to me. When I open my email it says error 404, not found. I have no way of telling if this person left in a huff because I failed to respond quickly or if she was giving me a phone number or email address where she could be reached in the future.

I feel it was my mail, my info that was given to me.  I wish I could have seen the last two messages she sent.
  • edited June 2017

A few updates:

• Deactivation feature has been added. You can find this in your Settings page.

• Blocked members will no longer show in your Visitors page when they attempt to view your profile.

• Conversations with a member that has since deleted their account will no longer vanish on your end.

• Inbox now has pagination showing 20 messages at a time.

• Karma will show most recent first.
  • edited June 2017
    Excellent improvements on all counts.
    Just want to confirm if my understanding is correct --- account deactivation (as opposed to outright deletion) will save the friends list, the messages, and the karma?  If I deactivate and come back in a year, that stuff will still be there -- I will just be invisible in the interim. Right?
  • [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    @Mark are you working on a status of widowed. I think many of us would feel more comfortable with that than putting single 

Dale
  • edited June 2017
    @quietman775 That's correct. Deactivation will keep everything about your account saved. You just login again and you're back just like before.

@DeliMan Yes, it's on the list. Sorry there isn't a comfortable choice for you right now.  
  • [Deleted User]DeliMan (deleted user)
    @Mark I do understand that these things take time. Thanks for your diligence. 

BTW. It hasn't made me uncomfortable enough to leave. It would just increase my comfort level here 
  • @Mark  Thank you very much for the improvements, especially not losing messages when someone leaves.  I just wish there was some way of recovering messages already lost.
    ♥Jim
  • @Mark Is there a way where if someone deletes their account and then comes back with a brand new account that they will still keep the karma that they had from their old account?  I know there's a bad habit of some guys deleting their accounts and starting new ones just so they can get rid of bad karma. It's bad enough that we've even talked about it in the forums before. If there would be some way that we could keep that from happening I think that would help a lot! I'm not sure if that's possible but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.