Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    Not ok for just panties for nonpros. We are keeping things platonic then keep it platonic. Or go to tinder etc. Really are we 10 year olds and can't stick to the purpose of this site and the rules. The rules are the same no matter what. Platonic doesn't change it's definition due to money changing hands or not
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBunny88 (deleted user)
    @Mark I have never gotten any email notifications when I am tagged in a post. How do I change the settings to let me know when I'm tagged? Thanks! 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    navy read "what to wear" discussion for non pro clothing preferences.
    my response, to the tv photo comment , was, that , let me try to rephrase :  someone out there , male , will attempt to hire a professional , and he will be looking at the picture in the blog , the one with the female wearing just panties and no shirt , that guy might assume that the pro , will be willing to strip down to underwear . 
    There may be no discussion of clothing  beforehand , and there may be a problem with a cuddling session , the poor professional is going to have trouble on her hands , because of that picture .   Yes , most of the intelligent folks know the picture is a non professional , but there are some not so smart guys  who will want to hire a cuddling professional , with them looking at that picture , will make an assumption that underwear , is ok .

Edit again:  I'm sure most of the pro s will refuse a dumb client , but there may be a case , of a pro trying to make a quick buck , a same day session , and get a little careless 
    what blog are your referring to? guess I missed something but the rules are the same no matter pro on not. something doesn't not change from being platonic with a nonpro and then all of us a sudden be nonplatonic with a pro.  So can't we realize that the rules are the same for pros or non procuddlling? I mean really people read the rules. 
    Ok. i found the blog, didn't even know it was there. So yeah, that sends the wrong message that I think goes against the platonic theme. 
  • edited June 2017
    I didn't realise we were talking about the blog which was essentially discontinued (volunteer writers wanted!). I've now removed a few images that involved underwear. Let me know if there are any others to remove and I will do so.

@CuddleBunny88 Mentions have never worked for me but you can see your notifications here: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/profile/preferences/
  • I just found the blog, thanks to y'all posting about it, and there sure is some interesting information there.  I'm surprised that California isn't in the top 10 cuddle friendly states.  I didn't know that oxytocin has the potential to make a person angry.  Do all the professional cuddlers know this?   It makes sense to me now that mostly women are professional cuddlers considering the fact that (some probably most) men get more from cuddling than (some probably most) women.  I still think that any woman cuddling with me will get as much from it as I will, because I draw on everything I have and am to make that so.
    ♥Jim
  • edited June 2017
    @I_am_Polylover The blog in its short lived existence is the one part of this website that had very little thought put it into it. I wouldn't waste your time looking through it if I was you. :)
  • Cuddling in boxers and bikini bottoms happens sometimes and it hasn't led to any non platonic activity.  Just something to think about.  :)
    But it's not something I ask for.  
    We are all adults in the end.  Not celibate children pretending we live in a convent.    The point is always intention.  But even so panties and bikini bottoms are similar but get a very different connotation.    But really cover the same 
  • edited June 2017
    It's an interesting topic of debate but just to be clear to everyone here, asking for it as part of this website will put your account at serious risk.
  • .....I too just found the blog, but like suggested above I'm not gonna give it much thought. In fact I had to google to find it. Hm.
  • @Mark  Awhile back you raised the visible friends from 20 to 50. Would it be possible to raise that number again, maybe up to 100? 
  • It is on the list to resolve that properly but it's a few placed below some other things.
  • If someone has you blocked, regardless of whether or not you have them blocked, they can't see your profile. If they click on your profile however, even though they can't see it, they still show up on your visitor list as having visited your profile. Is there any way to turn that off so that they dont show up as having visited your profile?
    Haha this post is funny as sh!t.  This morning I accidentally clicked on your profile because my finger was scrolling on my phone through the forums and touched the screen where your name was, because trust me, I have no desire to "visit your profile" but you and greenearth and several of your buddies have visited my profile numerous times at the same time and I took screenshots of it. If you want to keep on whining after several attempts to make people communicate with you when they don't want to, and then come here and act like you haven't done the same thing with my profile half a dozen times I don't see any reason why I shouldn't call it out. 
  • edited June 2017
    Mod Notice

@FireAndBlue please can you refrain from going off-topic by introducing personal matters with another member, particularly in such an explosive manner.  

Whether or not there was a hidden agenda, the question of blocked visitors has been emailed to me by several different users, including pros. It is a valid question to post here and was done so respectfully. The bug is now fixed in the non-production code and will likely be deployed within the next few days.
     It's not off-topic to answer a direct jab at me, and his post was directly baiting and jabbing at professional cuddlers, which is against the rules. 

And don't take my direct honesty as "explosive"  because it's not. I don't have a problem saying the truth without sugar coating it and I am under no obligation to make nice  with someone who has continually attacked me over and over again on these forums and then acted like he was all innocent and posting "why won't we all get along" and insist we all be friends with each other. 

Completely and totally on topic.  And I didn't introduce anything that wasn't wide out in the open.
  • edited June 2017
    The rules refer to the contents of a post and the manner it is expressed. Based on those two factors, Solo's post was 100% on-topic, did not mention you or your profession and was respectful in how it was written. Your post was off-topic and was posted aggressively, mockingly and with an expletive. 

Did you visiting his profile influence him making the post? Maybe. And did he know you wouldn't like reading it? Possibly. But the rules are not there to prevent thought crime - they are there to guide what is posted.

You have every right to disagree with how/when rules are applied but they still must be observed nevertheless.  
     I didn't use his name either. 

And sh!t isn't a curse word. It's edited. 
  • edited June 2017
    I can only assume you're joking. But in case you're not, in respect to the rules it's still a curse word.
     Then I will assume because you are making such a big production out of an edited "curse word" and doing it so publicly, for that matter, that the even bigger issues that have been complained about many times are going to finally be met with the same policy. Each and every single time. Because they sure haven't been until now. 

Or is it because I'm a woman and I am talking back? Because some of the men on this site have broken WAY more rules than an "explitive" and nothing was done at all.  And not so public. 

I don't deal in double standards. 
  • edited June 2017
    I'm explaining the rules to you because you seem to disagree with them and so a clarification is useful.

I posted the same mod notice to a client a few days ago here for also going off-topic and unlike yours, that post didn't contain any other issues in it. You can accuse me of being a sexist but my actions don't seem to back that up.  
     Disagreeing isn't combative.  And being honest isn't being disrespectful. Especially when there have been SO MANY reports about a handful of people who are still here. Reports made by a handful of professionals AND clients, and those have gone ignored.

we will agree to disagree that an edited word is still a "curse word" but if that's the one thing you are going to enforce… Fine  lol  
  • edited June 2017
    Please read back the original mod notice - it didn't make any mention of expletives, it was just one contributing factor. I just wanted to let you know that slightly altering a curse word is not a loophole. People are reading this discussion and may use it to help guide their posting conduct which is why it's important to publicly clarify this.
    I'm reading these last few back-and-forth posts (I was brought here by oh-so-many-notifications) and asking myself, "Why are these inflammatory comments even here instead of summarily being deleted for having violated at least two of the Rules?"

@MrSoloDolo posted a genuine concern and issue (by the way, thank you, @Mark, for getting that handled), and what followed fairly damaged my calm.

For this reason I rarely visit the forums anymore. Also, I'm a bit perplexed as to why the word sugar-honey-ice-tea (as my mom used to say) is being used by anyone, especially a moderator, even in an "explanation."
  • edited June 2017
    No problem. And I have edited my previous post where I quoted the expletive to demonstrate lack of contrast. In regards to the offending post, I think this time it's ok to leave it as others might benefit from the clarification.
    I appreciate it, @Mark!
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    I'm curious to know how one poster would know that there have been so many reports filed about a few posters with what appears to be the intent of having them removed from the site. Apparently reports filed by "pro's" and clients. 

Apparently there is a concerted and orchestrated effort being made by a few participants of this board to control thought and content. If somebody disagrees, they will be reported. And hopefully punished. I don't post a lot, but I know I have been reported. Mark and I discussed my comment and it was obvious the post was taken out of context by the "offended".   I'm sure this post will be reported as well. In fact, Vegas oddsmakers have put the overs and unders at 5 reports. Smart money is betting on the overs. 

While I don't think any specific rules have been violated, I've participated in enough internet boards over the years to know that this kind of activity is not healthy for the board.   If it keeps up, the number of active members will slowly erode and the remaining members will be like minded and narrow focused. I've seen it play out before. 
     How about instead of reporting it behind the scenes I say the same thing as I said before that you also looked at my profile last night, and you have several times before within the same short period of time that the others have. 

Again, people wouldn't have something to say if you just left people alone who have made it clear they don't want to engage.