Waiting

[Deleted User]cuddlecomfort99 (deleted user)
Totally new here (45M). What a great idea, matching up people who want nothing more than cuddles! And creating a safe environment for that to happen.

I'm in Sydney and I've messaged 3 women, but no responses yet. Can I ask others how long it usually takes for a reply?

Also: paranoia makes me wonder if I've put anything unhelpful in my profile; it's a bit long. Any thoughts feel free to PM (though be gentle!).

Thanks! And have a hug from me.

Comments

• [Deleted User]Victoria92 (deleted user)
    Your profile seems fine to me. Nothing sticks out as "unhelpful". ^^ I think it's a good profile. I don't know about other people but I try to respond as soon as I can, within a day at least. I am a professional though so I'm not sure about non-pros. Either way, Good luck and happy huggles! ^^
  • [Deleted User]cuddlecomfort99 (deleted user)
    Thanks Victoria92, I appreciate that!  Hug.
  • edited February 2017
    It's also worth considering that the vast majority of members here are from the U.S. so you're somewhat limited but I really hope that changes :)
  • And you might notice, we're also a bit inpatient (look at all the complaints). CC is a good idea, a little ahead of it's time but you can see the growth. It's like a seedling and it might be a while before it shades your neck of the woods, but if we want it to grow, we have to feeding it (I watched Being There again this last weekend... as long as the roots are strong, spoken like a true idiot),
  • edited February 2017
    In my area, there are only a handful of women (maybe 6ish non professionals)who have checked the site in the past week, and half of those are empty profiles who are probably just looking around and not serious about meeting a cuddled. So, be patient and keep trying.

If it is at all encouraging, I have met one person after a month or so of trying the site. :)
  • [Deleted User]cuddlecomfort99 (deleted user)
    Thanks guys, that's encouraging (I guess!). I'll try and be patient.

If those potential cuddlers knew the affection I have to return to them, though, they might be quicker to reply!

• Hey, I know how you feel. FWIW, I was on here about a month, and reached out to three professionals with profiles that I found to be a good match. One responded quickly, and requested my email to send a form. Never received it nor did they respond to a follow-up requesting they resend it. The second didn't respond at all.

Third time is the charm. and I am glad because I found someone who is honest, open and also very understanding of my situation and recent circumstances. So what others have said, be patient finding a good cuddler doesn't appear to be an exact science.
  • @cuddlecomfort99 Welcome! Yes, it's not a quick response kind of thing usually... patience is a big part of it. Good profile though... good vibes from it! it seems a bit unsure about what to say but that's okay. Some people write a lot while others keep it under 10 words LOL

For me, what has helped starting out, was seeing at least a Pro or 2 and for them to be kind enough to leave Karma on your page. That helped me with finding a non-Pro that felt comfortable enough to meet and cuddle with since I was essentially being vouched for by someone else as being a decent person to cuddle with. I still hire a Pro every so often because the experience is different between a Pro and non-pro... a Pro is there to comfort you while a non-pro may be in need of comforting or can be you comfort each other... that's the most basic way I can describe it.

Some, both Pro and non, may respond back within the hour, the day, or the week though and don't hesitant to message someone that their profile says they haven't logged on in 6+ months.. they will still get an email to notify them that they got a new message and, as someone else on this site had said, that person came back long enough to login and look at their profile.. they didn't respond to the message, but at least they came back to look.

Hope that helps!
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    It took me ten months to find my first cuddle buddy, and she contacted me through the Reddit cuddle buddies site. However, initially I was only willing to cuddle women, so that restricted my options a bit. I found my second cuddle buddy about eight months after my first one. I did meet a number of people in the interim, but they just didn't work out for various reasons. It can take a lot of time and perseverance to find a good cuddle buddy friendship, but it's definitely worthwhile when you do!