How common practice is signing a waiver prior to meeting with a professional cuddler?

[Deleted User]Ba55 (deleted user)
edited August 2022 in General

Hi everyone! I was wondering how common of a practice signing a waiver is before meeting with a professional cuddler 😅 (I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section to post this topic)

Comments

• I've never heard of this but Im also new here. Im curious to know 👀

• I have had one pro cuddler who asked me for photo ID and had me sign a couple of forms. One was acknowledging and agreeing to the CC ToS and another acknowledging that she is not a licensed therapist.

She was the only one who had any type of form or requested photo ID. A couple have asked for my full name but did not ask for an ID and a couple never even asked for my full name. I have also had several cuddles with enthusiasts and none of them have ever asked for photo ID. However, I had shared photos with them via private message so they new it was me when we met but they only knew me through a series of private messages and in some cases phone calls.

• I have never been asked to sign anything or show my ID.

• I have Ts and Cs to sign and I ask to see ID but I don’t keep a copy of it. I literally just want to see that they are who they say they are.

• edited August 2022

After cuddling nearly 200 cuddlers and countless sessions I have never been asked. You are agreeing to the TOS just being here and booking through the site. If I was asked by a pro to sign documents I would decline and move to the next pro.

• edited August 2022

It's completely standard in the UK. Not especially common, but completely standard.

Most if not all of the professionals I've seen who have done a training course (and one or two who haven't) had a very straightforward paper to sign.

I have also helped professionals with drafting such a document.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

I have not heard of this happening and certainly not to me. I think I would pass on cuddling someone who requested it.

• @Brown why would you pass?

• Ditto to what @FunCartel said. Turning a cuddling session into an overly businesslike transaction causes it to lose its appeal. It was brought up once to me by a cuddler and it killed the desire to see her. But I suppose I could forgive it if it were requested in a nice enough manner and I had a higher than average interest in the cuddle session.

And yes, there is a Professional Cuddlers section for professional cuddling related topics.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

@CuddleDuncan As FunCartel noted we have agreed to TOS just by being members.
    Signing any document serves no purpose and would totally kill the cuddle session for me.

• A waiver? As in i might get injured an i am acknowledging i know it.

• [Deleted User]Ba55 (deleted user)

Thank you for taking the time out in replying. I appreciate everyone's answers and perspective.

@BashfulLoner Yes, an acknowledgement and release of liability for potential injury or death

• What would you be waiving? The right to sue if they crush you from cuddling you too hard?

• That is weird. I only see normal cuddlers dude.

• Just to clarify, the pro who asked me to sign papers had a work experience in an environment with vulnerable people and where confidentiality was crucial. The form I signed acknowledging she was not a licensed therapist also had some language about her responsibility to keep my information secure and private. When I requested to book her through this site, we did a short video chat where she walked me through her process (what to expect when we met for our session - including the forms I would be asked to sign).

At the the end of the video chat she asked me to hold my drivers license up to the camera. I have to admit I was not completely comfortable doing so as this was nearly a year ago and I had a lot of trust issues back then (that have slowly gotten better over the past year). But she seemed very open and trustworthy so I went ahead and showed my drivers license and I have no regrets about trusting her.

However, if another potential cuddle partner asked for me to show my license I would have to evaluate everything on a case by case basis (just as I would expect them to evaluate all their potential cuddle partners on a case by case basis).

• I wouldn’t be opposed to signing a waiver and/or showing ID to cuddle, but I have not yet encountered that. Assuming it’s for safety and peace of mind.

• @JohnR1972 That sounds more like a non-disclosure agreement than a liability waiver.

• There was definitely an element of NDA to one of the papers. It has been about a year ago and I don’t remember all the bullet points on the form but the forms had a very “clinical” vibe to them. Thankfully, once the papers were signed and we began cuddling the entire experience changed to pure relaxation and connection and it never felt clinical again.

• edited August 2022

I've never asked anyone for ID, not as an enthusiast nor when I was a pro. That can be faked. I've never even asked for a last name. That, too, can be lied about and faked. I have asked for a face pic if there isn't one on his profile. I just want to be able to recognize who I'm doing a meet and greet with.

• My friend once threatened to draw up a cuddling contract with me... she IS a lawyer, so I keep worrying she'll bring it along one of these days...

• edited August 2022

Seems odd to ask someone to sign a waiver to hold them harmless if they are injured cuddling, especially since they hold no legal weight.

• One of the classes I took it was highly recommended. I only cuddle here though and I feel like the TOS on this site is enough. If I was using multiple sites that didn’t have the same thing I probably would to be honest.

• When showing ID such as a driving licence you don't necessarily have to show all the details. For example it may be appropriate to cover the number or the address or the date of birth or whatever the thing has. The point is that it's a formal photo ID with your name and picture on it.

And sure, everything can be faked. But things like asking for ID are not done to prevent organised criminals and professional fraudsters. It is done to deter the much larger class of creeps, perverts and disorganised criminals. In my own (non-cuddling) experience it's extremely effective.

• As a Professional trained Cuddlier/ Massage therapist asking to see photo ID or having an “intake form” for your cuddlies help me keep track of who I’ve connected with, not just so that I can remember them and the things that they enjoyed during our session but also for my safety…….. unfortunately I have experienced a few very uncomfortable, unprofessional, & unsafe encounters as a holistic body worker over the past 15 years

• It’s smart to have someone sign a waiver/release/liability form. Or even Nondisclosure forms.

My profile says I’ll defend myself from sexual assault so it goes without saying that if a client touches me inappropriately, the consequences of their actions are based on my reactionary defense.
    & because cc affirms we have all read the TOS every 30ish days, we are agreeing to the standards & no one can claim ignorance.

• I've signed a form before stating that I understand and abide by the code of conduct. That is common for the first session with a trained pro.

One pro took a picture of my driver's license - it was my very first cuddle session so I didn't know any better - but after that I've only ever had to show it. Now that I know better, I would decline the session if any pro asks to keep a copy of the ID, I'll show it to prove I'm who I say I am, but nobody gets to make and keep a copy.

From the standpoint of a client, I want a good session, and if the pro isn't completely comfortable, it will be hard for them to provide that. Since I don't have anything to hide, I don't think twice about doing reasonable things to assure the pro to be comfortable with me.

• edited August 2022

Im legitimately perplexed at these comments... why in the world would pros need to see your license? Can a pro weigh in here?

I can only assume they must have some sort of vetting site or maybe are googling people? I cant imagine why you would need it after already being in person though, it only makes semi sense BEFORE meeting.

• A waiver? In case we catch COVID or MonkeyPox? What are they gonna do with a photo of our ID? Turn it into the police if the session goes south?