Secret Community

[Deleted User]SoftTouchAngel (deleted user)

Does anybody tell their friends,co workers or family that they are on this site I sure don’t just because people will find it weird or won’t understand tell me your experiences 🙃

Comments

• I tell my close friends, but definitely no one else.

• edited August 2022

I tell everybody. I think all of us should tell everybody.

We had a thread about this just the other day ...

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/14788/outside-perception-of-cuddling#latest

• No, h*ll no. I don't have enough energy to explain something to people who will never understand. One friend knows; she is Ok with it, but uninterested.

• I've told one trusted friend, but that's it. Most people wouldn't understand.

• @CuddleDuncan I think it’s awesome you tell everyone and think we all should. It's a good way to raise awareness for things I’ve found. To bring it more into the norm. I’ve had some other things in my life I chose to tell everyone instead of hiding it for this reason!

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

Close friends and some family know. I wrote it on the subway wall also.

• This is how the last conversation went where I broke the Prime Directive. This was with someone I see as somewhat forward-thinking and tolerant.

Me: "Sometimes I hire professional cuddlers."
    Her: "Just say whores, I'm not going to judge you."
    Me: "It's 100% non-sexual platonic cuddling."
    Her: "What's the point if you don't get a happy ending or something?"

I don't really want to deal with this every time, so I'll keep my mouth shut. It'll probably keep riff-raff off the site anyway.

• My boyfriend and my friends know, including my ex-boyfriend. I don't foresee telling my family or my boyfriend's family, but it's possible.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @zerocantaloupe - It might keep dragons away, but I'm not so sure about riff-raff. It seems that lots of people don't talk about their involvement, but we still get more than our share of riff-raff.

• Eh... I feel like there are two distinct "communities" on this website, with little overlap.

1) People looking to find other folks who want to cuddle for free. Cuddle friends, as it were.
    2) Men paying women to cuddle with them.

The first group I can easily explain to anyone else as this being part of a "dating" site -- I mean, it's NOT a dating site, but it's a friend-making site for getting hugs. The dating parallel makes it sound non-weird to outsiders.

The second group -- I don't know. I don't partake, and I don't know how one can explain that to the outside world without sounding weird.

• @BookishGuy I'd say for the second group, explain it as something like massage therapists.

• When I first joined this website I felt weird about it and only told people in my inner circle whom I knew wouldn’t judge me. But now I will literally tell anyone whom is willing to listen, I chatted with employees at both Lowe’s and Home Depot about it when I was getting stuff for my new cuddle studio. My entire extended family knows, anyone who follows or is friends with me on social media knows, thousands of strangers on the internet know.

I used to worry that people would judge me but now I look at people who don’t “get” what I do as uncultured swine who are not very evolved and lack emotional intelligence.

• I haven't really told anyone, but I doubt people would care much anyway. I mentioned to some people before my first session I was seeing someone for my mental health, which was technically true since it helped.

• It depends on whether I want to cuddle them or not.

• I’ve told some friends. My close family knows. My boss knows about it. 😂 I talk about it on my Twitter. Many people have questions, but they (seem to) get it. 🤷‍♀️

• edited August 2022

I have told a couple people, though I don’t tell many guy friends because after I explain it’s platonic the conversation devolves into, well, you know. I would like to know how to better talk about it though because cuddling has helped me so much.

• I count cuddling among the things that I do for self care. Some things that fall under self care are widely accepted - going to the gym, getting a haircut from a good barber, or treating myself to a barber shave., or going for a massage.

And there are other self care things that I find to be more personal. Floating is one. That's the nice term for spending 90 minutes in a sensory depravation tank. And cuddling. What I care to share with the people in my life about my self care routines depends on how close I am with people. People that I've told about floating have been genuinely curious about the experience. Cuddling is a bit more complicated.

So much about having these conversations depends on the audience. Are they reasonably open and caring people, or uptight? Can they grasp the nuances involved in the cuddling culture? For a lot of people it's a hard sell because they equate close physical contact with sexuality.

• It took me a while to tell people. Only my “safety buddy” knew. But that was because I didn’t want anyone to know if it blew up in my face. 🤣
    But now that it’s my full time job, everyone who’s ever asked me knows. Including family and friends I actually talk to.
    People I don’t know will walk up to me and say “I heard you do this…” and I’ll ask them what exactly they think it is, so I can help them understand it more instead of making it feel like a stigma. Most people wind up saying they need it in their lives too. 🤗

• I've told everyone who is close to me. Obviously not people who are work colleagues, but all who are friends and family know. What they might think, I just don't care.

• Not I
    Too much conversation involved

• I tell everyone. Ain’t nothing to be ashamed of here.

• Much like most of my perosnal life and activities, it is on a need to know basis . I am a private person and have no interest in conversing with others about what I do behind closed doors unless they are a significant part of my life and it somehow pertains to them .

• I've only told my favorite uncle and one of my closest oldest friends.

• Nope, most people around me wouldn’t understand. Other than my wife no one knows.

• Everyone who knows me well, knows I “cuddle with strangers”. But, I’m very protective of my privacy concerning co-workers and casual acquaintances.

• I am ALLLLL over social media, local pages, local parks, local grocery stores, with my face and my Cuddle Jen shirt, all the time! Everyone in my life knows what I do and that I "cuddle with strangers". It's one of my favorite ice breakers on dating apps, too! 😉😆

• [Deleted User]Momoo (deleted user)

I've just joined this site, but I tell people around me about my intimate interests pretty often. But also, I run in a crowd that caters to this (artists and musicians) so usually it's not a big deal. It's equally surprising though how conservative artistic folks can be regarding intimate connection...