How do you end your session?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    I hate the alarm thing but i understand if they have something after.
  • @navyvet76  I have my alarm set to a very soothing sound. It's not that jarring/startling sound so the session can still end relaxed.  I also have it set 10 minutes ahead so we can still do long hugs and things so my clients won't feel rushed. Would that make any difference to you?  I know you understand why but would what I said help?  
    For sure. And at the beginning telling the client if you have a commitment right after is nice too.
  • Yep! I pretty much do that also. Happy dance I'm so glad that I'm doing so many things right! LOL 
  • I usually set the timer, ( its like a little jingle, lol.)
     I hate focusing on time, so Id rather set it beforehand. since both of you should know how long of a session you're having. or you should anyways. lol.
     While the guy goes to the restroom, or is getting cozy by taking shoesies off, I mention that Im setting a timer so that they know that's out of the way, and usually they offer to pay at that time and I'll say its okay you can set it down or just pay after :)  If the sesh is for an hour I set it for an hour and 7 minutes or something like that, so that theres a little bit of wiggle room to get cozy and actually put on a movie or whatever without jipping them of a few minutes, since every minute counts! :D I never try to seem like the guy is getting shoved out or like Im just gonna grab my purse and run out lol. Il hug much tighter, and I get a little sad that my sesh is over, but we give one final hug, then they get up and get their belongings while we have a last minute convo or whatever.
    If hosting Il offer water, walk them to the door, and give a final hug goodbye. If a guest, Il give a final hug, usually I gotta pee so Il use the restroom, then give a hug goodbye and leave.

One time had a guy linger soooo long though. and not evenn with me talking or anything, he was just in the dang restroom for like 15 to 20 minutes! Makes me wonder what he was doin in there... O_O

One think that I found interesting was that 2 of the 3 pros i had kissed me as we said goodbye. They had no kissing rules. We were hugging. I thought it was weird. Why would they do that when it was against policy. Just think that can send the wrong message. I don't know if any pros on here have done that but just some hmabjrger for thought sorry vegan burger in cases we have vegans on here. Lol
  • I usually offer a cheek kiss as they leave and embrace me for one last hug. I also don't see anything wrong with hand holding or small hand kisses. :)
    I think its a sweet gesture and can feel as amazing as arm tickles and head scratches <3
    I see your point, @brandi, but I just think that if we have the rules, we should stick to them.  
  • A timer could also be used as a reminder to message your safety contact rather than just a reminder that it's time to end the session. That way you could soften the shock of the impending alarm with, "It reminds me to tell my friend/family/husband/whomever that I'm still safe. We wouldn't want the police showing up just because we got too relaxed and lost track of time, now, would we? ;)"
    That gives a more human, considerate message than the "I don't want to spend any more time with you than you're paying me for" message that a simple time-to-leave alarm does, however practical it is. And it also doubles as a subtle warning for any potential troublemakers that slipped through your screening.

Kisses can mean very different things to different people. I'd say it's best to ask before doing it, just like anything else. I personally wouldn't be able to bring myself to give kisses of any kind to a platonic cuddler. Kissing even her hand or her cheek fits too snugly into my romantic fantasies. Her kissing my cheek doesn't cross any lines, though; I don't know why. It's a double standard, I know, but people's feelings are weirdly inconsistent like that.
  • @Brandi I think that's awesome about the kiss on the cheek.   In many cultures that's a common greeting etc :)  

By the way I find that when people quote rules all the time in public they are often the ones breaking them all in private.  See many of our politicians for example or some religious leaders etc...

My point was mainly because of safety. I try to not send wrong signals to people. I have a bad situation in my past where I unintentionally led a female friend on and it was quite bad. Lost a good friend and the most we ever did was 2 hugs. And her brother was one of my better friends. So that is my logic. But for other put your boundaries where you want. But we all have boundaries just at different places.
  • I went to my first ever cuddle party on Sunday. It was AMAZING!  They have extra rules where  you ask before  touching anyone at any time and your specific about it. " May I give you a hug?"  Or "May I hold your hand?" Or "may I stroke your arm?" Or "May I play with your hair and stroke your face?"  You have to get a verbal yes before you can touch them. If they say no then you say "Thank you for taking care of yourself."   We even practiced it! It was the safest most loving experience I've ever had in my life!  A few different times I asked if I could kiss their hair or their temple or their cheek.  A couple of times I asked if they would be ok with trying a cuddle position with me and if they would be OK with me giving them direction.  It was so nice because I would hear people and myself say things like "oh yes!" or "yes please!" or "oh that sounds so nice! yes please!"  We even practiced saying no and changing our minds.  It was so safe and respectful and comforting to know that no one was going to put you in an uncomfortable position.  People also gave each other the power to say no and even change their minds if they wanted to.  Kissing on the lips was never an option but still there were some people that still weren't  comfortable with kisses on the cheek, temple or hair.  It was just really really nice. I'm not saying that I would do all of that for each session, but I might talk to some of my new clients and see if they would be interested in meeting a little early to practice and go over it if they wanted to.  
  • thats so cool! where was that, snuggle554321? I would so love to join a group like that!!
    Very interesting Snugglet554321. Communication builts trust
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I had a session tonight with @Autumnloveya and she ended the session the same way she started it. When I arrived, she asked me to sit on her bed and she gave me a big hug. We then moved on her bed and cuddled. When the hour was up, I didn't even realize it was up and didn't hear an alarm go off. She asked me to sit up and gave me a big hug again. I looked at her and said, is the time up??? lol She said yes and I looked over at her clock and noticed yes. She walked me to her door and gave me one more hug goodbye. She asked me to text her when I got home which I did and she said goodnight. Super sweet gentle goodbye follwed by a text goodnight :-)
  • Aww that sounds like a nice warm session. Morpheus evoking my envy yet again! All u need to say next is u had (will be having) crepes and Nutella for breakfast !!
  •  It's a meetup group! 
    I go to meetup groups great website. No cuddle groups around my area though
  • [Deleted User]patTheCuddler (deleted user)

If a pro does not immediately stop cuddling after the timer goes off, I am going to pay her for the extra time she spent with me, add a 20$ tip and mention her generosity in my review. In other words, it is not something I would expect but I would definitely appreciate.

• That’s so cold ? I have a repeat client that I’ve seen quite a few times. Out session last week was an hour but she put a movie on that was an hour and a half. I stayed to finish the movie with her. I may not do that for first time clients, but we would have a discussion first. If we have a 2 hour session but the movie is 21/2 to 3 hours long, I would let the client know ahead of time that I wouldn’t be able to finish the movie with them. That way, it wouldn’t feel like a slap in the face. But 8 minutes over? Lol I would finish it with the client. That’s so mean! Be courteous and know that your client just wants friendship and someone to connect with. ?

• Sometimes, especially during the really good ones where you just zone out into the ether, I lose track of the time slightly. But regardless of whatever time we agree to end, I always try to take a good 5 minutes to come back down with my client, and I usually have a quick summary of what we thought about the session, and I remind them of any discounts they may be eligible for etc. and finish off with a final hug before I head off. In most cases I text them later on to thank them for booking.