What causes the common cold?

It's cold season. Stay warm...or uninfected.

1. What causes the common cold?29 votes
    1. Germs. Learn to science, bro.
      58.62%
    2. Colder temperatures and germs. I also science, bro.
      20.69%
    3. Other.
      20.69%

Comments

• dyscrasia of the four humors

• They are viruses. It has nothing to do with temperature. Other than the fact that people spend more time indoors when it's cold, making it easier for the viruses to spread.

• edited November 2022

Miasma Theory πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

More specifically zymotic theory.

• I have a hazy notion that cold temperatures do something inside your nose that makes it easier for the virus to set up shop. Or spread. Or something.

• edited November 2022

I believe when your body temperature drops, your immune system weakens and you're more susceptible to getting sick w germs that are always floating around.

• @cylee1180 but that answer isn't fun at all

• @zerocantaloupe I can be a Debbie downer.

@stormydaycuddle Mind blown . Never heard of Miasma Theory! :o

• @cylee1180 yeah, germ theory 🀒🀧had to come around and mess it up…. Like okay, okay, it’s contact we get it already. But Miasma Theory just has a ring to it. 🌸🌸🌸 If I were going to be a science denier I’d totally go with Miasma the whole way.

• Then again if I lived back then I’d probably be one of those idiots running around trying to catch consumption so I could look prettier. Not gonna lie 90% probable. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Miasma theory ? Get the plague doctors back.

• edited November 2022

@Bear if only! I have a little vaccination card holder with a plague doctor on it. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• at least bring back the plague doc mask

• @stormydaycuddle I'm dying...

Talking bout fermentation, I'd really like to try natto (fermented soybeans)...

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSuz (deleted user)

I think it's from our immune systems weakening due to poor quality foods, stress, harmful emfs, bad air quality, ect. Then the body needs to clean out and gets 'sick' to clean out the dis-ease.

• @cylee1180 If you're going to try it, get it at a restaurant or use a microwave that's not at home. That stuff smells like dirty socks when you heat it up. Tastes okay, though.

• It's a virus. Remember, people get summer colds too.

• When the fire nation attacked

• @zerocantaloupe Got it. Sounds interesting still.

• @zerocantaloupe The four humors is a solid theory. Watch that bile percentage!

• edited November 2022

Colds are caused by viral particles, viruses travel better in lower humidity, and there is generally less humidity in the colder months; also, people tend to crowd indoors more in the colder months, which makes it easier for viruses to travel between people. On a side note, covid is really going around right now, and I have been out of commission for nearly two weeks now. Be careful and consider wearing a mask in public again, especially if you do not have PTO.

• @xandriarain Get well! I've been working through long covid since mid September. :s

• @xandriarain seems like everywhere I have traveled that the humidity is higher in the winter. It is raining, snowing and overcast Just my thoughts