Gym

I wish I stick to the gym

Comments

• I don't know if it'd work for you, but I usually don't go out of the way to exercise - I happen to enjoy martial arts and been doing it for a while. I found something I enjoy that so happens to keep me healthy.

• I used to be a personal trainer (briefly) so I'm there at least a couple times a week

• Sticking with it is always the hard part! Gove yourself some grace.

For me, rock climbing has been the ticket. It’s fun, great community, and the bonus is I get stronger.

Hang in there! You got this!

• It's only as good for you as other forms of exercise. If you can't stick to it, another sport will work in some cases better.

• I really don’t like going to the gym. But I love Boot Camp I just went again last night for the first time in a while hoping to make it permanent the only problem is it’s kind of expensive. But it’s very challenging and it’s a nice small group. You can probably get an on the 14 day free trial to check it out.

• You have to enjoy it.

• I made myself love it so I can heal my back. I throw my back out like every month back to back. My two bottom disc's are next to nothing. I never wanted to go to the gym, I couldn't stand it... But then I re-centered my focus on the healing part and now I'm a gym rat. 💪😁
    I go 3-5 days a week, some days it's rough and I absolutely don't want to go at all, those days I maaaake myself go and then I feel on top of the world. 🙌
    I've never felt better about myself. My core strength keeps my back from going out and I feel fabulous all around. Being a mother of 4, I was really self conscious about my whole mom bod. Now I'm in the best shape of my life. I feel amazing. 🤗

• Find a physical activity that you like to do/is enjoyable to you and it'll be easier to stick to. I hated going to the gym. It annoyed me because I wanted to work out without waiting for the gym selfie queens and kings to stop posing on the equipment and get the heck out of the way so that those of us who are there to actually work out can use it. I also didn't want to worry about people judging me for not wearing makeup and looking less than glamourous, getting all sweaty, plus my jiggly mom belly from having kids. No amount of weight loss has been able to rid me of that. I took up bike riding and used to go to a park and ride my bike there. I've also done belly dancing and cardio kickboxing. With the change of the weather, at the very least I will put some music on and start dancing and set my phone for at least 30 minutes.

• Can't do it in a gym, but for me, it was white water paddling. I passed it on to my daughter, and she, in turn, passed it to her son.

This is my grandson on the Zambezi River.

• edited November 2022

The gym is great if you want to gain strength, but not so great for losing weight. I tried going to the gym numerous times in my life, but never could stick with it. After I gained a bunch of weight in 2020, I hired a personal trainer and would work out 2-3 times a week, and didn’t see any results even with calorie counting. This year I went to a weight loss doctor and got on ozempic, it’s super easy, I just have to inject myself with this pen once a week and and I don’t have to be on a restrictive diet or follow a works out plan. Im down about 30 lbs. When we were moving last month my diet got really bad between pizza, fast food and Halloween candy yet I still lost weight. Now the only exercise I get is carrying furniture and boxes and working on the house which I’m sure we will be doing for years.

• edited November 2022

@xandriarain weightloss at the gym can be very demoralizing, tiring, and frustrating. It is as you say, for maintenance of your health or increasing your mass/STR
    But if you already have muscle/size, gym is very important for weightloss, reducing the amount of muscle that gets burnt along with the fat (yes the body will burn your muscle if you are inactive)

Find your center, set your goals, and enjoy life.
    Also, i'm happy that you've found a solution to your problem :) :+1:

• @GreatHornedOwl awesome picture of your grandson. WW is definitely fun and challenging. It is always fund to be on the river.

• @TNNative I take it by WW you mean white water, not Weight Watchers 😂

• You either got to want something really bad, or enjoy it.

Sometimes the pressure of going to the gym can make me not want to go. I’m not sure what exact issue you’re running into, but maybe you can make your goals smaller to start.

Maybe just make your goal for now to just show up at the gym twice a week? No need to do anything just show up. Then add on goals from there after congratulating yourself for meeting one goal.

• @nurturingman yes, sorry, WW = white water.

• I don't typically enjoy exercise, so I've found that the best path to success for me is pairing exercise with something else that I love, such as:

• Walking five miles while on a call with someone I love
    • Riding my exercise bike while watching a TV show (and not letting yourself watch it unless you're on that bike) or reading a book
    • Speed walking on the treadmill while voice translating journaling, or chatting with friends

I have, however, recently found two forms of exercise that I do enjoy, in and of themselves. One is swimming in the river (yes, it's cold, and yes, I still absolutely looooove it!!!). The other is doing yoga. It's taken me decades to find something that is exercise-related that I actually enjoy, so I'm super stoked.

I've done yoga almost daily for a month and a half, now. It can be as easy or difficult as you want it, depending on how you're feeling that day; there's yoga for after you've been stuck in a car for the whole day, yoga for after you've been doing manual labor, yoga if you're disabled, yoga if you're overweight, yoga if you need to stand (I hurt my knee this week so I can't be doing tabletop poses), yoga if you just want to sit and work on your neck and arms... It's awesome and so adaptive. I absolutely love that it can be relaxing, or make my whole body shake with effort, depending on what I'm looking for, that day.

Best of luck for you in finding something that you love, or pairing something you don't love with something you do, so you can keep at it!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I'm with @SunsetSnuggles on yoga, yin yoga being my fave. Not that I do that much of it, but it is tolerable and even occasionally fun.

• Did anybody buy this in 1991? Lol did it work 😂

• I've never been to the gym. And you know what...I'm ok with that.

• @achetocuddle I've done hatha yoga on and off. Very nice!

• I've never been able to go to a gym and just walk or bike on a treadmill going nowhere.

• @Sideon

omgosh..... How could I love you anymore?? BUT I DO!!! "Fitness this pizza"

• I love the gym! I also love to immediately get pizza and beer afterwards! 🥴

What is your reason that is holding you back?
    What are the reasons you enjoy to go?

• I joined a gym for a year. There was the free weight section and the section you could just move the pin to the desired weight.
    All of the big guys were in the free weight section. It was very intimidating. It almost felt like WWE on one side and Newbies on the other. I never felt comfortable.
    Attended 1 class and when she said “okay give me 100 jumping Jacks and go” I knew I was in trouble.
    I’m now trying to decide what I need to do.

• lmao @ WWE on one side. Soooo true.