Car cuddles

2»

Comments

• My first cuddle with a stranger was with a pro who was traveling through my area several years ago. We met up for dinner then went to a park to cuddle in the back of her van where she had a sleeping area set up. It was quite comfortable for the most part. I don't really remember, but she must have been the one to suggest it. It wouldn't occur to me to suggest cuddling in my own vehicle, let alone someone else's.

We did get an unexpected visit from a policeman responding to a call about us to make sure nothing illicit was going on. I don't know why people can't mind their own business. It's not like we were making noise or swinging from trees or something. There wasn't even anybody else using the park.

• I'm sure there are probably some truckers who would try to take advantage of someone in their truck, but the idea of cuddling in a semi isn't really all that strange to me. Some sleeper cabs can be quite nice, and many truckers are very protective of their trucks. I work at a cabinet shop that occasionally builds cabinet sets to go in sleepers that a local trucking company leases/sells to its drivers. Some people even live in their big fancy trucks instead of maintaining a house they're never at, so offering it for cuddling is the same to them as inviting someone to cuddle in their home. As long as they're not pressing the idea I wouldn't treat the invite as a red flag; it's the only hospitality they can offer.

That said, those people are probably used to others looking at them sideways. Drifters have always been treated with distrust, so it's not likely to be a surprise to them that people would be afraid of getting in their trucks, and turning them down shouldn't hurt their feelings. They're just stuck with being guests for the most part.

• edited January 2023

This is an interesting one because there are a few or several conflicting aspects and perspectives to it. To start with:

• As a service offered by a pro, with a mattress or beanbags in the back, car/van cuddles can be awesome for their privacy and flexibility.
    • As something requested by a client or stranger, to cuddle in their car/van, it can be an extremely creepy prospect due to the opportunity for abduction.

The earlier mention of it being suspicious for someone to not want to cuddle in a cinema, and there being worries of someone tapping on the window of a car, was quite funny to me, when it's not clearly separating those first two issues.
    All else being equal, I would much prefer to cuddle in a vehicle than in a cinema or an open area of a park, because that shell of the vehicle acts as a protective barrier to random strangers, whereas in the other situations you are far more likely to be jeered at and/or perhaps have something thrown at you. The last time I cuddled on a picnic blanket in a public park, at one point a stranger stood staring at us for a couple of minutes from about 30 feet or so away, slightly uphill, and my cuddle partner at the time felt a bit creeped out by that.

(Edit: it's possible that guy was adoring our cuteness, as we couldn't see his facial expression silhouetted against the sky from under a tree's shade, but his posture was straight and stiff, and there is always a possibility that someone's blood will boil when they see public displays of affection while receiving none in their own life.)

Safety issues arise in car cuddles when the trustworthiness of the person we are cuddling with is in question, i.e. a potential danger is inside the vehicle. Otherwise it's objectively safer, because if someone nosy had a problem with you, there's nothing they can do about it without clearly committing a crime by breaking a door/window and risking their own injury, or calling the cops themselves as in Mailleweaver's example.

Here's a fun idea if you're going to try offering this and want the same security as a 5 star hotel with attentive room service:
    Why not park your cuddle car next to a police station (where space is available)? That way, not only will someone feel silly asking the cops to check on you, you might brighten their day and thaw a few hearts as they walk out onto their beat. :3

(This is only an idea, not a suggestion. I take no responsibility for any dogs shot or people choked as a result of this being attempted in America.)

In some ways, car cuddles offered as a service can be a great middle ground between a public place and a hotel room. A major reason for this was already alluded to with the mention of a "walk of shame" to the front desk of a hotel, checking out soon after booking a room for the night.
    That is, there is a mis-match between short cuddle sessions and rooms that can only be booked for a night as a minimum.
    See, if I work up the confidence to offer professional cuddles, I would like to offer this as a service, but I don't have a car of my own. I have a motorbike that can get me somewhere as a guest much more cheaply and efficiently, but we can't really cuddle much on the back of that. (Possible new thread topic: being a pillion passenger as an adrenaline-junkie's way to cuddle? =) )
    However, I could rent a car from my local car-sharing club, and looking at their rates, taking a car out for a few hours is waaaay cheaper than renting a hotel room! Currently a full-day hire (not counting mileage) is even comparable in price to a single bed for the night in a fancy city hostel.
    It could actually be a good laugh to go back to a rent-a-car-place after two hours to return the keys with no mileage on the clock, explain that all you wanted was a cuddle, and watch them realise that there could be business opportunities out there that they hadn't considered. You may need to bring an airbed, a 12V air pump and run the engine though.

So car cuddles could be best suited to short cuddle sessions, while hotels are much better for overnight sessions, especially as the room doesn't make much dent compared to the wage of the pro then. Of course someone asking you back to their car for a cuddle will always be sketchy, but managing trust with someone new is your responsibility.

For my own perspective, I would jump at the opportunity if someone offered a cuddle in their car, but that's because I'm both privileged to be a big strong man capable of defending myself from most attackers, and un-privileged to be a big strong man rarely offered even a hug due to the messed up world we live in, so my risk/reward calculation is different to that of most women for example. This could in part explain why some well-meaning potential clients don't understand that what they are asking for is creepy to the person they are asking.

• [Deleted User]SnugglesRus (deleted user)
    edited January 2023

@snuggly_sloth well articulated. I agree that a pro offering could be a benefit. Many men have to drive a way then find a place, or drive even farther to me…. I can see eliminating all that for a car cuddle is a great offer for short cuddles, a couple of hours or less. 💫

I recently got a think very comfortable roll up mattress for the back of my van for camping but I think it will work great for cuddling when the need presents itself with the right person. I have seen car hammocks that I thought would be fun to experiment with 😃

Being diligent with vetting and safety still in play as it would be for a hotel room… but definitely a step between public & private.

• I love offering cuddles in the back of my Land Cruiser, as a pro! I set it up like a little cozy nest, pull up to a spot near a river, lake, or a scenic view, and we all enjoy grounding into the nature that surrounds us.

• edited January 2023

@SnugglesRus thank you! Oh a hammock space could be so lovely. If rent-a-car cuddles are a successful thing, I'd like to find someone to match-fund me to buy a surplus armoured personnel carrier and fill the back with plastic balls to make a mobile cuddle pit. There could be a permanently fixed hammock above the ball pit if there's enough room, and much more fun and comfort if you fall out. B)

(This is humour, I don't know why laughing emoji isn't an option here.)

@snuggly_sloth that sounds like all sorts of fun with the right person 😆

• @justjennn actually I think it was seeing the photo of your car setup a few months ago that inspired me. Sadly there aren't many car boots that I can stretch out in, but that looks really cosy!
    How many people have taken you up on that so far?

• I know the point of cuddling is to get up close and personal with someone, but a car just doesn't feel like the proper place to do it.

My joints hurt just trying to think of a good cuddle position in my car...

• Im just curious.but im hearing alot of people worrying about cuddling in vehicles..do you think the outcome cant be different in a house or a hotel???..no matter where we decide to cuddle we just have to be smart about it and use our gut instincts the best we can.

Safe and happy cuddles to everyone ❤️

• @Fairygoat I think the main worry for me and a few others about car cuddling is it’s a lot easier for them to vroom vroom away with you in it. I only did one car cuddle and it was ok but I took a pic of him and his license plate and made sure he consented to me sending that info to two safety contacts. He was good with it and his car was large enough but it was not very comfortable.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

• @Sheena123 i completely understand..but hotels or houses can still be just as bad.i dont want to bring up situations that could happen..i mean,hopefully nothing bad happens to any of the cuddlers.

I definitely understand the concern about vehicles .
    Whenever i have a scheduled session my family has the address and picture of who i am meeting up with..as well as gps

• I would never do it. It seems like it would be uncomfortable, and weird based on where you might be parked. Plus, you can't run the car, so no air/heat and no ventilation unless you have a window down. There are just too many better alternatives. If you don't want to pay for a hotel, have the other person host or the movie theater is a good option nowadays. Plus, I wouldn't want to give the other person a bad impression by asking. Both of you need to be relaxed and comfortable in a cuddle session, or it won't work.

• edited January 2023

HARD PASS!!!

• I would have to know someone well, and it would be more like sitting up watching a sunset or pretty lookout. Otherwise, why not just bring a picnic blanket instead and enjoy some nature watching or clouds passing by.

• I was just asked for a car cuddle!?!
    ...super sketch! FL has a huge human trafficking dilemma.
    And over an hour drive!
    I suggested they come to me since I can host. They declined and said they couldn't drive that far.
    ....Make it make sense please!
    Why would anyone consider a car cuddle when hosting was offered?

@EmpressBlaze I would feel the same with that

• @EmpressBlaze yea it makes no sense that someone would prefer car cuddling over hosting. If you're hosting that is so great.
    Something very shady about that

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

@EmpressBlaze I would suggest you stay away from that one. Sounds way to shady.