BOOK LOVERS!!! What are you reading?

I love reading and sometimes have multiple going at once, but they have to be different genres. Currently reading Four Blind Mice by James Patterson and Bryan Cranston's autobiography.

What are you reading?
Who is your go-to author?
Let's talk books! 📚

Comments

• Usually sci - fi or fantasy. My favorite author is Piers Anthony

• edited February 2023

Codependent No More.

Also I recently finished The Will to Change and All About Love by bell hooks and am really loving her work.

• The Four Agreements

• @Bear fantasy is not my usual, but The Return of Merlin by Deepak Chopra was great. There's been a few others over the years but I can't recall any titles right now.

@Carl2714 I haven't read anything by Bell Hooks, but I'll have to check her out!

@BgstickTeddyBea I have read The Four Agreements. Excellent read

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

Just started "SAPIENS" A Brief History Of Mankind. Yuval Noah Harari author.

• [Deleted User]GreyAndGreen (deleted user)

• Bangkok Wakes to Rain-Pitchaya Sudbanthad. So good. Also Gun Island by Amitav Ghosh.

My go-yo author is Joe R. Lansdale though. Funny, literary, light, and so much fun.

• “Lies My Doctor Told Me” by Dr. Ken Berry

• edited February 2023

For the Love of Men - Liz Plank

@Carl2714 Yeah, that "Will to Change: Men, Masculinity, and Love" by bell hooks is the best book on men I've ever read. I am going to be sitting down with a professor tomorrow who has written research papers on hooks. hooks's is pretty standard academic reading now from what I understand. I will be picking my friend's brain for more.

• Last great book I’ve read was Undaunted Courage, by Stephen Ambrose

• "The Eyes of the Dragon," by Stephen King

• Malazan Book of the Fallen. Anyone know of it?

• I'm into baseball. Right now working on The Baseball Codes by Jason Turbow. It gets into some of the 'unwritten' rules of the game, what is tolerated and what is not.

• [Deleted User]Nina_Mitchell (deleted user)

I’m a writer! So I’m reading my own story which is so surreal!

• Listening to this again

• @GreyAndGreen I read/listened to that book as well.

It is a very deep book I had to stop several times.

• I finished my Patterson book this morning, now on to the next! I had let a friend borrow Running with Scissors and she sent it back to me with The Glass Castle. Has anyone else read it?

• Only book I’ve read more than 100 times.

• @AZcuddles602 I think the only book I've read that many times is Green Eggs and Ham 🤣 Maybe even thousands! It was the 1st book I learned to read and read it so many times to my kids I could recite it per page without looking

• @Lisa123 My daughter used to love that book. Definitely read it plenty when she was younger.

• @Joe82_ the 1619 Project is on my list too @snuggzz Your book looks very intriguing

• I'm currently doing a second read of Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho. It's way more whack than the movie. The movie is still brilliant though. "Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?"

• @AZcuddles602 I bought it as a Christmas present for myself and finally started to read it last week. Do you have some favorite Black authors? Care to share one of your favorite poems or stanzas?

• Space by James Michener. I’m almost finished, though, at which point I’ll be moving on to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories by Washington Irving, which I bought while visiting his house in Tarrytown.

• [Deleted User]GreyAndGreen (deleted user)

@Lisa123 I've read both and enjoyed them! What did you think?

@KYtransplant It's so well done, but I agree, there were times I had to put it down and give some space. ♡