How important is appearance?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Calibrate715 (deleted user)

I'm a newbie and not a pro. Full disclosure, I'm just looking to see if the person has crazy or mean eyes. It's not physical attraction that concerns me in regard to cuddling. I feel like you can tell a lot by looking at eyes so, if someone's smile reaches their eyes and they feel like a warm personality, I'd be more willing to connect.

• @Charlie_Bear You’re right. The age gap is too much to overcome.

• I don't care what someone looks like. I just want them to be kind.

• @pty1999 💯 💜

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited February 2023

@FunCartel - You're right -- sort of. With participation in the forums and karma I have had a small cadre of females reach out. I wish that even just one of them was closer than 350 miles away.

• [Deleted User]stanleyjacobs (deleted user)

WARNING UNPOPULAR OPINION 😂
    I’m willing to bet most the men on here saying looks don’t matter voted the other way. Cause numbers don’t lie. I also find it funny that female pros tend to post flattering pictures of themselves….. wonder why lol.
    For me, being a man, I wouldn’t hire a pro that I didn’t find attractive.
    And I don’t see the point in messaging enthusiasts seeing as their inboxes are probably flooded… cause the internet has destroyed modern male female relationships.
    I enjoy reading these threads with a bag of popcorn so keep it up.

• If I am messaging an enthusiast appearance is a factor, but not the only factor. If I am paying a professional then appearance is super important.
    For the female enthusiasts that say appearance is not important good for them. For professionals I would think it’s a given that appearance doesn’t matter since it’s work.
    But of course they don’t have to accept everyone that writes.
    Hygiene is important, but you can’t find out if they have good hygiene until you meet them. Anyway I can be honest because I don’t have a photo attached. If I had a photo perhaps I would also be giving safe answers.

• @supadupa Thank you for your honesty.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @stanleyjacobs I can say in all honesty that my response is looks do not matter and that is how I voted, so I don't personally feel called out in your comment. Though having no profile photo may make one more prone to honesty as @supadupa suggested. I am just popping in before this potentially goes off the rails, which I hope does not end up being the case.

Well @supadupa said exactly what I said in a different way, and he and I are in agreement. Where we differ is messing enthusiasts. And to address your point @Charlie_Bear i never had any reason to say otherwise. Just voicing the other side of the fence. I don’t think the true accuracy can be quantified with only 3 options. However with 60ish percent saying they matter…. To a degree would suggest that maybe I’m the only person with enough willingness to speak for a potential unpopular opinion (statistically) that they matter, and lastly I was expressing a genuine appreciation for reading the conversations. Kinda one of those “long time listeners, first time caller things”.

Lastly if you want a selfie I’ll drop one.

• @stanleyjacobs

I’m willing to bet most the men on here saying looks don’t matter voted the other way. Cause numbers don’t lie.

I think you are very likely wrong. There are currently 74 votes, of which 24 (32.43%) voted "Not Important." So how do the numbers tell you anything about what the commenters really think?

I’m the only person with enough willingness to speak for a potential unpopular opinion

But you're not the only person who said that appearance matters...

FWIW as I mentioned I do think this is a difference in the community at large vs the subset who frequent the forums. I think in the community at large appearance is probably important to the large majority of people. However, that doesn't mean the people here expressing their opinion aren't being sincere. People vary. Appearance isn't important to everyone.

I would agree with that last part for sure, I’d say I just put it more bluntly that’s all. I’d like to hear y’all’s thoughts on how the internet has messed things up on male female interactions.

• It's kind of sounding like there was some confusion on the question, half the replies refer to the person having photos on their profile, the other referring to the person's physical looks in their pictures playing into cuddling them

• @PinetownCloud That’s because the OP asked two questions. It is why I didn’t vote at all because my answer would be it depends for both the questions.

• [Deleted User]Nina_Mitchell (deleted user)

No importance on appearance. I will cuddle the crap outta you. But a picture so I know who I’m meeting is beneficial.

• As a pro , I never asked for a photo…

• [Deleted User]Calibrate715 (deleted user)

@ChessGirl ...well now I may just get a cat for cuddles and get off this site because 😻 lol

• For me pictures on one's profile is somewhat important for mainly safety reasons, as I do have people who act as my safety contacts so that's why I voted more "not so important". However, in my past experience with corresponding, with blank and picture less profiles (elsewhere on other sites) has shown themselves to be obvious time wasters.

AGAIN SPEAKING FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES!!!

These days I choose to avoid barely interacting with profiles of such, especially when one will eventually ask me for Skype and what's app info.🙄
    Lol! It's pretty obvious what they're after when they ask me for that information, so glad I don't Skype or video chat of any kind.😏

If you want to see me, than come meet in person. Simple as that!😊

• I have NO issues at all with appearance!!!!! ALL Ages; Genders; Races; Body Size; Religion on down the line is welcome.

• [Deleted User]SweetSunshine65 (deleted user)

Personality, cleanliness, character and motive for cuddling is what matters to me. Looks are just external and not important. I’m open for a soul to soul experience, so that’s what I’m looking at.

• @stanleyjacobs - You are correct. The numbers in the survey absolutely do not add up. However, you have seized on one of the possible explanations and assumed that you are correct. I believe that you have neglected to examine any other possible explanation, and I believe that you have missed the true reason that the numbers don't add up.

I believe that the true explanation is this:
    Those of us who believe that appearance doesn't matter, are able to articulate the reason for our belief. What's more, we are proud of that belief. We are the ones who not only voted, but also posted an amplification of out belief

On the other hand, those who believe that appearance is important, are unable to think of a good reason for their belief. It is not unlikely that many of them are ashamed and embarrassed by their belief. They tend to remain anonymous, and don't want such a belief associated with their name. They don't post.

• @GreatHornedOwl

those who believe that appearance is important, are unable to think of a good reason for their belief

There is no "reason" in the sense that you mean, and it's not a "belief." It's just the reality of how many (most) people feel. It's not like anyone sat down and made a pros/cons list and decided to care about appearance; they just do. The "reason" is that most humans are biologically and culturally wired to feel different ways depending on someone's appearance.

I am all in favor of the ideal of not judging people based on their appearance. That's a great principle. This is actually something I've done a lot of reflection about, both how I respond to others' appearance and how others respond to mine. Nevertheless, how someone looks will have an effect on how affectionate and cuddly I feel when first meeting them, and I don't feel compelled to try to somehow suppress that. (To reiterate, it's not really about her being extremely conventionally attractive, and I don't have really rigid standards or anything. I'm just saying that her appearance does have an effect on my feelings.)

• Honestly, this community has opened me up to becoming friends with people I would have never otherwise found or thought I could share a connection with, it has proven that age is just a number, looks don't matter, it's broadened my mind toward various gender identities and orientations, and has made possible some absolutely blissful cuddles with people I would have never envisioned myself wrapped up with. The cuddle world is incredible, and truly, looks have nothing to do with the benefits, friendships, and personal growth that it can provide.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited February 2023

I cuddle all. Hygiene over appearance 100% always. What someone looks like shouldn’t be a factor.

• On a professional stance -- people are people and hygiene is important yes. No judgment besides how you treat me during a session. Which should always be with respect.

On a personal level -- being demisexual I need an intellectual connection to find any hint of "attraction" towards someone, so its a double whammy for me that I prefer people as they are, vs. What I deem "attractive" in a conventional sense. I do not have a "type" in order to connect or cuddle.

@GreatHornedOwl , well simply the why is… if someone is going to pay for a service they are going to choose based on their preferences of what they deem to be attractive. Everyone has their own preference, and that’s what makes us human.

• Fully agree with @SunsetSnuggles and most pros on here. Appearance does not matter to me but I do have to get a picture before I agree to cuddle due to safety. I typically require a video chat too beforehand for the same reasons.

• @stanleyjacobs - how would that apply to enthusiasts, and what, if anything does that explain the enormous discrepancy between the numbers of posts on one side, and the number of survey entries on the ther side, which is what I was talking about?

Well enthusiasts are irrelevant to me. Most aren’t whom I want to snuggle with based on my preferences, and the ones that I would I’ll message them, however I don’t expect them to message me since I assume their inboxes are flooded. As far as the numbers I think it’s pretty clear that there is a silent majority. Granted I’d like to see the breakdown with response of
    Strongly matter
    Matters
    Matters to a degree
    Matters to a slight degree
    Doesn’t matter at all
    I believe there would be a pretty consistent bell curve. If it’s just
    Matters
    Somewhat matters
    And doesn’t matter
    That (in my opinion) doesn’t give enough options
    And lastly for me. If I’m going to hire a pro (which is all that I do)
    Looks matter. Most folks seem to agree.