TV or no TV

When you cuddle, do you like to watch TV? I'm thinking about putting a TV in my cuddle space. I'm not exactly sure yet though. So, just wondering how other people feel about it.

1. Do you like a TV present where you're getting cuddles or giving cuddles?60 votes
    1. Yes
      40.00%
    2. No
      60.00%

Comments

• I personally enjoy having a TV present as an option. Whether it’s for a show, background music, or simply something to focus on if a client prefers minimal eye contact, I think it’s a good feature to have.

• All good surveys provide a 3rd option. I don’t mind the TV either way. I’m there to cuddle.everything is either secondary or just plain irrelevant to me. It’s funny, I hire pros but I’m all about them being comfy. Their closeness is all I need. I always tell cuddlers I’m going to be one of the easiest cuddles.

I usually have the TV on if it is night for just a bit of background lighting. If she dozes off I don’t even get bored as I reach a zen state.

• I don't but there are many who do. Having a tv there is a great idea to watch a movie/show while cuddling, or just to have a backround sound going. I highly recommend

• Prior to cuddling experiences here, I would have said yes to TV/a movie while cuddling. But I've found that in the moment, I really want to focus on being present with who I am with. I tried to watch Manifest during a cuddle, which I hadn't seen at all up until that point, and it was so good I was finding it difficult to turn away to be face to face with my cuddle buddy, which is what I really wanted in the moment 😅

Not opposed to light music though, if someone pulls that up on their TV

• I prefer cuddling outdoors whenever possible; nothing like a beautiful breeze, trees above you, and wildlife and bodies of water around you!

However, if I'm indoors, I prefer no TV, honestly. Quality Time is my number one Love Language, so I would prefer talking about meaningful subjects anyday, to having the TV on. If we're not in a mood to talk (and of course it doesn't have to be deep conversation, that's just what makes me glow inside the most), then I adore just cuddling in silence, and enjoying each others' presence, breath, etc. To me, a TV is just a distraction and a detraction from the reason I'm there, but that's just me. :3

~ Sunset Snuggles

• My personal preference would be no to TV like @SunsetSnuggles mentioned, it’s a distraction, and it really takes away from the cuddle experience in my opinion. However, I do enjoy some background music as long as it’s not too loud.

I can’t speak for everybody, but I know for me after being on the phones all day working with other people I like my cuddle experience to be very relaxing. I don’t mind some small talk while we’re cuddling but I definitely don’t wanna have a lot of noise from a TV

• I usually have a noise machine and music with an AC going so a TV would be an added distraction that wouldn’t mix well in my cuddle space.

I really love putting 100% of my focus on the cuddle. If a show is playing lightly in the background but someone’s getting shot or someone is screaming or the laugh track is non stop, I don’t think I could fully focus. I would be whipping my head to the screen thinking “oh my lord, who’s getting murdered now?!” If my cuddler prefers a tv playing, that’s fine.

Some like to spoon while watching a show or movie. And I had one cuddler that booked me every week and she would put on a documentary while I brushed her hair. These are intentional “let’s watch this” type cuddles. But to just have it on in the background isn’t something I prefer because there’s no fluidity in the sounds what with blaring commercials or shock factor noises.

• as background noise or music

• @MrAdmirer So, when I went to make the survey, it went Option 1, Option 2, Option 13...so I didn't want to put one...but I'll try to figure it out in the future.

• @Jeni2022 at the very least, it opens the survey for discussion so you get more detailed replies…haha

• @Jeni2022
    I’m not sure why the survey numbering gets borked like that but it will display properly once submitted. Though I don’t suggest editing it because your results will be wiped.

• edited March 2023

I have a 55 inch TV in both of my offices, clients rarely want to watch TV but I do find they are good for my longer sessions especially the eight hour ones. Most people either want conversation or relaxation while cuddling. I have horrible ADHD and I’m not a fan of having TV on as background because it will distract me from the client but if we are both intentionally watching a show or a movie together then it is fine. Typically I play some soft background music and have a ceiling projector and mood lighting for visual and auditory stimulation without being too distracting. If you can get a good deal on a TV it’s a nice thing to have as an option for clients who want it but don’t expect it to get a lot of use.

• I don't really watch tv at all unless if the client request it specifically and it is a super rare request for me. Most clients want either a silent moment and/or have a conversation with you. I don't rely too much on devices when it comes to cuddle session.

• Whenever I cuddled somebody, it was just nice focusing in on the moment. Sometimes talking about each other or such. I.

• edited March 2023

I have not hand any cuddle sessions until recently where a client asked if we could watch tv. I was perfectly fine with tv and thought it was a great way to be comfortable and just enjoy the session. I have to admit it was one of the most fun sessions I experienced on this app lol. He settled on SpongeBob and said we can’t go wrong with this I guess. And he was so right lol we cracked up laughing and talking about all the old shows we use to watch as kids and our favorite ones we would Wait up for. It was an absolute amazing experience being able to connect laugh and just hold someone while we reminisced about the good times in our childhood.

• Who used a TV? it's 2023, lol

• Because I really enjoy watching movies, my preference is TV at this point. Of course it could change depending on said cuddlers that I get acquainted with and schedule cuddle sessions with.😊

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

No on the TV for me.

• @Jascuddleboo32 its called smart tvs and streaming apps. It’s still comfier to watch tv on a big screen than to watch on a phone or laptop. That way you don’t have to hold it up or profit off with you and you can play on your phone while watching TV. And especially for Cuddling , you don’t wanna have to hold up a device while trying to cuddle with someone

• Streaming apple music on my smart TV. My cuddling partner and I love to cuddle to the sound of rain.

• My cuddling partner and I love to cuddle to the sound of rain.

That would cause too many bathroom breaks for me.

• I don’t own a tv (or watch shows/movies via tablet or phone.) Even when I have a hotel, I rarely turn on the tv, unless requested. Usually it’s soft music or chatting.
    @WKplatonic , lol I’m with @FunCartel, water might keep me running for the bathroom, too. 😆

• This is not a yes or no question but more connection- some people yes TV and others - never to.

• No TV for me. I like to have a conversation with my cuddle partner, or enjoy silence or the sounds of nature around us. Sometimes I put on meditation type music. In all cases, my focus is on the person I am with.

• [Deleted User]M3521 (deleted user)

I would prefer no TV unless my cuddle partner wants that.

• TV’s can enhance the experience, but it depends on the selection. I remember one time, one of those movies where the characters get killed off one by one. I was so surprised, but too polite to say anything. I was competing with the TV for attention. And I wasn’t watching it because I don’t even like scary movies.

On the other hand, another time another person, I turned on the aquarium channel. It softened the impersonal nature of the hotel room. We both enjoyed the soothing images, and the soft music was pleasant as well.

So I selected option 1, but it all depends on what you make of it.

• I didn't answer the poll, because although I have watched a movie a couple times and it's not my favorite, I do use the TV in my bedroom to play music and sometimes thunderstorm sounds on YouTube. I always ask if my cuddler would like tv, music, sound machine, fan, etc.

• I feel like I have sedatephobia sometimes, I always need music playing, we can be silent but gotta have some kind of melody 🎶

• I feel like the TV can be a distraction from the connection. I vote no TV, unless you're playing a fireplace or ambience and/or music.