Do cuddlers tend to be non-religious ?

[Deleted User]raul (deleted user)
It looks like a significant number of female cuddlers identify themselves as atheist / agnostic compared to general population surveys.  Just curious.

Comments

• I consider myself to be spiritual and religious but I dont like to classify myself as any lable since it comes with automatic judgements and stereotypes.
  • @raul. Dear Raul, I fully agree with Brandi, I was brought up a Baptist, after my OE as a child I found there are so many different way's of looking at religion, I to am Spiritual and Religious but not to any one group.
    John and his trees. Auckland NZ
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    Religion shouldn't have anything to do with cuddling. That crosses into dating territory. To answer your question, this is the 21st century. Millennials are less likely to be religious. There you have it. 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Does it matter?
  • I should of finished my thread, I to am Spiritual and Religious but not to any one group except cuddling and trees.
  • Its just a question, guys... I dont see why yall gotta give him poop for asking a simple question...
    If you feel the question isnt something thats important to you, simply move on and read and contribute to a thread that may interest you.

It can have something to do with cuddling in my opinion...if he wants to hire a pro with similar interests or beleifs, I totally inderstand that and theres no need to judge him.
    Its not a dating site, no but common interests help connect people in any situation.
  • [Deleted User]raul (deleted user)

Honestly, I do not care whether someone practices a religion or does not practice any religion.  I was just curious seeing a seemingly large number of folks who identified as atheist /agnostic..

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    The Atheist/Agnostic folks I know have fewer hangups about non-sexual intimacy.

I'm open to all but can definitely better identify with Atheist/Agnostic/Spiritual Not Religious.
    Who pooped on Raul?

whoever it was, lemme at em, lemme at em ;-)
    @Brandi - While I do not think anyone 'pooped 'on me , thank you very much for coming to my defense.  Next time I need a lawyer ,I know whom to call :)  Thanks again :)
    Raul better Call Saul.
    Whose on first?
    Whose on second.

I think What's on first.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I've been a fairly conservative Christian for the last ten years, though gradually being open to a more progressive theology and perspective. I do think a lot of conservative Christians would be suspicious of platonic cuddling, and automatically view it as something sexual or something that would lead to temptation. But I actually think it can be a great way to satisfy a need for healthy, non-sexual intimacy - and when done right, can even reduce temptation. I think a lot of people's cravings for sex are exacerbated by loneliness, and platonic cuddling helps with that.

Having said that, my two current cuddle buddies are atheists... so religion isn't really a big factor for me in who I cuddle. I would prefer to date a Christian, but since I keep my dating and cuddle buddy relationships mostly separate, it works for me. 
    @Sunflowerfield - these are amazing insights. Thank you very much for sharing. "non-sexual intimacy - and when done right, can even reduce temptation. I think a lot of people's cravings for sex are exacerbated by loneliness, and platonic cuddling helps with that. " - This is what preachers should talk about  in their Sunday sermons.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @raul! I will say that I don't think cuddling takes away people's libido, and in some cases - if people choose to cuddle those who they are very attracted to - it could exacerbate people's struggles to remain abstinent. But it is possible to find cuddle buddies one enjoys relaxing with, and don't feel particularly sexually attracted to.
  • Not all of the folks I have encountered on this forum are like this, but many have talked about life forces, aura, energy, etc. which seems rather spiritual but not necessarily religious in nature. Also would imply a fair amount of open mindedness and acceptance of all, which is something religiosity still struggles with at times.
  • @raul how did you do the bold print?
    @I_am_Polylover  -select the text  and apply the 'Bold' icon from  the comment box menu
  • I am a Christian, but it doesn't really play a role in a platonic relationship. So, it should be a non-issue on here. Though, I guess some people can be particular. I don't mind a friendly discussion about beliefs as long as it remains friendly. I don't push my beliefs, and I expect the same of others.
    Although, it could influence another's view of you. They could either feel safer, or less comfortable getting involved with a religious person. It kinda depends on their experiences and opinions of religion.

@ Sunflowerfield I would tend to agree. a strictly platonic cuddle buddy can help curb sexual desire. Though, it depends on the participants. If one, or both are looking for more, it can be a temptation. If both simply want cuddling, it satisfies one's need for physical intimacy in a non-sexual manner.
    Unfortunately, most in the US (at least) view cuddling as a part of relationships. Typically a lead-in to sex. So, that stigma is likely to be what is holding platonic cuddling back.

@I_am_Polylover There is a button above the writing area, with a B, for bold.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    I do not believe in "organized religion".  Here's what I believe.....if you get something positive out of going to Church, and you pray daily, kind to yourself & others, don't abuse Mother Earth & our Waters...I say "more power to you!  Amen!  Hallelujah!  I am a part of God, and always keep him in my Heart.  So, when you take away the "religion", our hearts all beat the same...our blood is the same color....I am you, you are me, we are "WE"....there is no more "I".  Peace
  • @FlowerofLife. Dear Flower, you have put it so well in just reading your verse, the effect is so calming.
     Love you all, from John and his trees, Auckland NZ
  • I don't see a 'Bold' icon, probably because I am on my phone. I don't currently have a working computer.

Although I know religion helps a lot of people, I think that its original purpose, and partially still is today, was a perversion of spirituality used to control the masses. Spirituality is ones relationship with Spirit, God, The Universe, or whatever other label you want to use. I am very spiritual, but not at all religious. However, I was raised as a Southern Baptist, and still retain most of the values I grew up with. I am really unsure of whether most cuddlers are religious or not, I can only speak for myself.
    ♡ Jim
    I'M BOLD!

(and a tad annoying...)

BUT BOLD!
    So annoying
  • @I_am_Polylover Ah, that would explain why you don't see it. I have not tried it on my phone, so I can't help you there.

Fear and dread, I have created a monster! :-D
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    @ I_am_polylover - you are correct Sir...100% correct!
    I see it and I only use this site on my phone
  • @Morpheus What type of phone do you have? Mine is Android 5.1.1

@FlowerofLife I assume you are referring to my views on religion and spiritually?
    ♡ Jim
    iPhone 7 plus