Do cuddlers tend to be non-religious ?

Comments

• Personally, I like to cuddle and I'm an active Frisbetarian.

• Christian and pro here.

• Atheist and very enthusiastic here.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Uh, yeah.

Enthusiastic atheist here, too!

• Cosmic void worshipper here.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

I've been an atheist for most of my life. With that said, I am very fond of Philipp Mainländer's idea of a God who committed suicide, whose rotting corpse is the universe. It can be very fun explaining the concept to people who ask if I'm religious or not.

• I like Chuck for god. Supernatural rocks.

• Christian here, but the orthodox followers of my faith suggest that I should not communicate with the dead. Does this thread count as communicating with the dead since it was resurrected? If so I’m going to The Bad Place for certain now.

• @Catloaf - According to the Westboro Baptist Church, you worship the dead just by attending a funeral and everybody(except them) is going to the bad place.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

I'm one of those god-awful, wishy-washy "spiritual but not religious" types, hated equally by religious and non-religious people :mrgreen:

• I’m pedestrian , not to be confused with Episcopalian. I cuddle with those from all walks of life .

• We are on earth. We are already in a bad place.

• @littermate you ok, hun? Your comment seems a bit drastic.

• @littermate - Maybe we actually died in a previous life and now we're in heck.

• Wow so dour. So many spiritual people with a downer of a viewpoint. The world is a beautiful place. Do not let people, religion or spirituality turn it into a mental vomitorium.

• @ChefKate To be fair, I kind of agree with @littermate and even so, I tend to be pretty sanguine regarding the state of the world. Earth is F'd.

• @FunCartel - Correction...was a beautiful place.. before humans ruined it.

• edited February 2021

@mike403 You hate the world and people. Yet you want to cuddle people. Sounds like you don’t know what you think. Mankind has made a negative footprint in some respects and a positive one in other respects. But being negative solves nothing or encourages hope.

• @FunCartel - I never said I hated people.

• @Mike403 Fair enough. But to make a blanket statement that the world is ruined by man is disappointing. A belief like that means we should all line up, drink the kool aid, and drift off into eternal sleep. There is tons of beauty in the world. Too bad you are blind to it.

• @ChefKate I'm soooo wondrously well, thank you for doing an insanity check. :)
    It wasn't an expression of my deep depression or that my day is going poorly, which it's not and seldom does. Nor that I'm down on earth or even negative. It was a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement that the kind of shit we think is happening in The Bad Place is happening all over, perhaps not in our protected and privileged spaces right now, and that many earthlings have hell realms we visit regularly inside our own heads.
    Earth is also a wonderful, wonderful place (thanks for speaking for that aspect people). It's all here, the divine and the hellacious.
    @Catloaf - thanks for getting me.

• @FunCartel

I have an image that I saw earlier which describes the exact sentiment he’s talking about. Not even our beloved favourite franchises are safe in the hands of humans, let alone our planet.

• edited February 2021

@Catloaf Still disagree. I think you guys are living in the moment and not taking stock of where we have been. Go back just 60 years and compare—women’s lives are not as circumscribed, opportunities for minorities are light years different, and life expectancy is better. A world of electric cars is on the horizon and power structures that caused so much sorrow—organized religion, patriarchal dominance and oil are showing cracks and/or crumbling. The fact we even talk about global warming and environmental issues is a miracle. There is much work to be done. But humans do change and often for the better.

The world is not perfect. Humans are definitely not perfect. But we are trying to be and that is beauty. Otherwise we all just need to end it now.

• @FunCartel - Electric cars need to plugged in and electricity is still generated by fossil fuels in most areas.

• edited February 2021

@FunCartel I won’t disagree there at all. All systems, cultures, and societies are in need of some honest auditing and reformation. People too. Those who are making a difference in helping shift the damage done are at least doing something.

One person taking a moment out of a crowd of hundreds to tend to our planet’s well-being - that is beautiful indeed.

• edited February 2021

@Mike403 All correctable problems and still much better than the past as the overall emissions are drastically reduced. The new solid state batteries is a step in the right direction. You still can’t see the forest for the trees. The big picture of the world in the context of time is one of hope. The only common enemy is a fear of change. That fear was a big motivator for the Capitol rioters.

I've been listening to a fantastic podcast recently called "How to save a Planet" (by Gimlet). It's fantastic, if anyone here is interested in what's currently being done to fight climate change, I'd highly recommend it. One of the things they mention frequently is that cynicism only hurts progress. A lot is being done, and there's a lot individuals can do as well to help. It's better to focus on this stuff.

• @squeakytoy 👍👍Pretty much what I have been saying. I will have to listen to it.

edited February 2021

@FunCartel Yeah, I'm 100% in agreement with the points you were making. I hope you enjoy it!

• I am Christian but cuddle people with many diverse faiths/viewpoints about life!🤗