Sitting on laps.

Would you say sitting or having someone sitting on your lap is platonic or sexual . Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it

• I agree with @friendlyhugging. Sitting on someone’s lap is simply platonic like sitting on Santa’s lap. It’s what a person does that make it sexual.

• Some people get turned on by trees or furniture. Its not really what you do, its why and how its done. Sitting on someones lap and hugging could be non sexual cuddling. But sitting on someones lap for arousal reasons is another story.

• I had a client who was primarily wheelchair bound that I recently went and saw. I was on his lap the entire platonic cuddle session.

it's not a position though I would typically do with the majority of clients, there are better positions for those that are capable of being mobile and I definitely do not want anyone to get the wrong impression if they were thinking otherwise ... Ahem.... And my legs start falling asleep no fun. 🤣🤣🤣

• Sounds like lap sitting is platonic, until it’s not… 🙃

• I don’t see sitting on laps to be a big issue it’s when hands start to roam or the lap keeps trying to bump bump that I’m against it lol but like reading talking and watching tv I don’t have issues

• edited March 2023

Sitting on someone's lap seems so uncomfortable. Sitting beside them with your legs over theirs seems more ideal.

• Not platonic imo

• If spooning is platonic then how can sitting on someone’s lap not be?

• Always interesting to see the wide array of responses to this question.

@Charlie_Bear I totes agree; you'll never catch me sit on someone's lap; way too self-conscious about my weight, for that. Legs swung over? Heck yes. 🤩

~ Sunset Snuggles

• What if the guy wanted to sit on the females lap? I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion on that as it’s something I’d like to do

• @reyday44 me on most women’s laps would be like bagging a 10 pound bag of oats on top of room temperature butter.

• @reyday44 Yes, yes, yes, I have long felt the urge to hold my boyfriends on my lap but have been hesitant to initiate it as I didn't want them to feel emasculated.

I would adore doing this with my boyfriend or a male cuddle buddy, 100%. It sounds so nurturing. 😌🫠

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Platonic, but very uncomfortable I would imagine.
    Wouldn't be my choice.

• edited March 2023

The position is in the Cuddle Sutra and the cuddler who demonstrated it to me agreed that it is uncomfortable. I wouldn’t request it after experiencing it. Hard to explain a pelvic injury at the emergency room knowing you will be the punch line in their break room.

• I think platonic/not platonic really has to do with intentions more than just the physical action.

I've cuddled with us both laying down with my head on top of her lap in what could be seen in a very non-platonic way, but was completely platonic for us.

• edited March 2023

@MissAdventurous, Thank you for platonically caring for that wheelchair client; I know you made his day.

• I’ve done this with many cuddles and in many cases it was at their suggestion. I think it was great! The key is to sit on a good comfortable recliner or chair. I don’t mind the weight at all but I’m also one of those that likes and needs that pressure…similar to a weighted blanket. Bliss…

• Well, all cuddles are platonic, if that is your INTENT of course.

I'm not a big fan of lap sitting personally. I suppose if it was done with her facing me and having her legs wrapped around me and we cradle it might be ok, but not something I would do for a long period of time.

• Platonic unless there were no clothes

• It can certainly go either way. I would say generally platonic, but I wonder how many stories have been written about a girl on a guy's lap, in the back seat of a car, whole being driven down a bumpy road ;)

• @SunsetSnuggles ill sit on your lap as long as you don’t try to put a bib on me and feed me lol 😂

• @lonelytauros Deal. 😜

~ Sunset Snuggles

• It can be either. Mind you sitting on the lap is platonic but additional stuffs done could make it sexual, like moving to and fro, eye contact and sudden movement to the private area****

• @lonelytauros 😂. That reminds me of a thread we had here a few years (?) back that an OP was requesting!

• I am honored whenever someone willingly sits in my lap, and I have done so platonically. It makes me feel trusted. And what an honor it is to embrace the spirit of the capybara 😌

• @OhioMike omg that’s hilarious probably before I joined though lol 😂

• @EarthlyAngel003
    I would love for a capybara to sit on my lap. They are nature’s Pokémon.

• ~ Sunset Snuggles

• I never really think about it. I’m a big guy, so I don’t really have a lap to sit on. Plus, being a big guy I wouldn’t want to sit in somebody’s lap, lol