Sitting on laps.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2023

I enjoy it as long as it’s done respectfully. Sometimes I’ll do a position called Yab Yum where we are in each other’s laps facing each other. I rest my head on his shoulder and we’re cheek to cheek. It’s really nice. I wrap my legs around his back and he sits cross legged while I sit in his lap. Sometimes my cuddlers and I rock back and forth as well. It’s super comforting 🌸🌸

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

I am a really bad lap sitter. I have two left cheeks.

• edited March 2023

It goes to intent…
    I have cuddled with someone on my lap on a larger couch chair and it was a good experience. Great for relaxing and chatting.

People fit people - sitting on a lap may work. It may fit two people and their context but maybe not others. Some may view sitting on lap as more of a lap dance thing.

As always, it’s about trust and communication and known boundaries and expectations

• Platonic until it's not.

My family has had me sit on their lap a few times and sometimes hug/cuddle. I have also sat on friends laps (and they on mine) especially when there wasn't enough seats and we'd wrap our arms around the lap sitter and hug/cuddle a bit without thinking anything of it.

I feel like I'm gonna hurt someone's legs though when I sit on them because I'm self conscious though. 🙈

• Maybe if you dress in a Santa suit and promise me presents the next day 🎅

• [Deleted User]Davidhoustontx (deleted user)
    edited April 2023

So, lady cuddlers, how do you handle or respond if a male get "Excited" down there, which can be a natural reaction for most men who are sensitive down there. These are men who are not trying to be rude or offensive but it's something that innocently happen

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

Yes, just wear Depends.

• If you’re fully sitting on their lap, and it’s usually too much weight for more than a few minutes. @Sheena123 by Yab Yum do you mean the Lotus?

Another one that’s good for the experience of sitting on someone’s lap without all the way is the twist

• @xandriarain Ilove both of those positions!

• edited April 2023

@Charlie_Bear A chair to nature's chair! xD

@SunsetSnuggles THAT IS SO CUTE OH MY GOSH. (๑>ᴗ<๑) <3 <3 <3
    THAT'S MY STARTER POKÉMON, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT REAL!! (๑+ᗜ+) lol!

• @Mman PFFFF 🤣🤣🤣

• @xandriarain yes, that’s the one. I learned it as being called Yab yum lol 😆

• @xandriarain "The Twist" is awesome, I've been doing that with individual cuddle buddies for many years and didn't know anyone had put a name to it!
    I find it works best to have the cuddler on their back laying against a ramp of cushions, providing the cuddler on their side a slot to fit their arm under without it getting crushed, which is half of what makes it so much better than spooning.

• Not recommended.... also would love any other name
    ![]

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSlug4U (deleted user)

Sitting on someone's lap can be one of the best ways to cuddle without it turning sexual or awkward, just like spooning. It also is a great way to feel calm enough to share what's on our hearts genuinely without fear or guilt. Verbal and non verbal communication can say allot more when trusting that pleasant space.

• [Deleted User]strongkindsoul (deleted user)

My tendency would be to feel concern for the other person’s comfort whether they’re on my lap on me on theirs. Ultimately it all hinges on the underlying intentions and the resulting outcomes.

• Isn’t lap sitting pretty much vertical spooning? 🤔

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

I thought it was the “Tarantino” because someone would eventually lose an ear…

• The TWIST! Ahh! I didn't know it had a name, but I love it.

The Lotus I feel is only good for a few minutes. Maybe it's just me (after carrying 5 children) but my sciatic nerve starts whining after a few minutes.

• I'm WAY too big to sit on anyone's lap. I'd crush their legs. They could sit on my lap. There's nothing inherently sexual about it though I would advise against wiggling around too much as you might rub the wrong way and cause something you don't want.

• I vote in favor of any position (once trust, respect, cohesive mechanics are established) any positions that can promote & include the matching of breathing & heartbeats. The heartbeat option? Probably the most zen ever.

My two coins of sense.