Who has met people here?

edited January 2015 in General
There seems like a lot of post just asking for people in their area. So how many of you guys have met someone from here (cuddles or just a met) and have you found more successful ways of getting a cuddle partner?

Comments

• I just joined and haven't met anyone yet.  Where are you located ?
  • [Deleted User]DersEvvak (deleted user)
    I've met two people on here so far. One was a really nice experience, though I never heard from them again afterward, while the other was a bit disappointing.
  • If you have met two people in one and a half years..... things are a little slow here, don't you think ?
  • edited January 2015
    Perhaps we could al take a little time and look for ways to make this site a little more productive. For instance, there are all of these posts from people looking for someone in their area. Have you tried looking at the profile of anyone who has posted that they are looking for someone in their area? If you click on their name you get a little profile that basically tells you their activity on the forum, not their pic and self description. OK, you have their profile name, try to finds a way to serach for them by their profile name. Not very productive is it? Of course, if they mention where they are from you can search for people from that area, but if that was very productive, there wouldn't be so many post asking that same question.

Its hard for any site like this to get well established, but this one seems to be designed not to get there. There are even profiles that say that the person has never been online. How is that possible, don't you have to be online to create a profile? I think that a thread of messages with useful suggestions would be helpful to the developers of this site. So there's one, we need a way to view the profile and directly make contact with people who post, the very people who are most active on this site. Other suggestions? Does this need to be a new thread? Do we need moderators and other volunteers?
  • Yeah there seems to be a lot that could change so you could find people easier. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to find someone because even in the major city near to me there are so few people that have even been on in the past year. In search I also say looking for males and females but still only get guys.

@ders- if you come back to this thread can you tell me how it was a disipointment?
  • BTW, I'm in the Phila area if anyone is looking. Maybe we should all identify where we are from so that we can be found.
  • [Deleted User]DersEvvak (deleted user)
    @snowbelle: I drove a bit over 3 hours to meet someone, and we watched a movie together. She let me put my arm around her, but then just sat rigidly upright the whole time, not responding to me at all touch-wise. She hardly even said anything. Unsurprising that she deleted her account the next day.
  • In response to the very first posting, I don't think the Cuddle Comfort Forum was intended to be used for shoutouts on who's willing to cuddle in their location. That just started to happen, and then it became the only thing spoken of. Believe it's SUPPOSED to be about general discussions, cuddling thoughts, debates, and other interesting matters, but one can't control how one wishes to use a social network, you know? :P

Here at Cuddle Comfort, it's all up in the air at this point. You either live in a densely populated area and have plenty of cuddlers AND communicators, or you have no communicators or worse, no cuddlers. Thus far I've found the communication and means of finding others to be easy. I just don't live in a location that's populated with enough communicators. If we are proactive with each other, give out messages and reciprocate when we get them, getting on track to making Cuddle Comfort valid won't be that hard.

The other half of making it work is advertising and starting discussions of casually cuddling with others. Slowly and surely, people will find out of and join this social network. Just takes a bit of a leap on the part of its users. ;)
  • edited November 2017

I've been on CC for two months. It wasn't until the second month that I started finding and meeting people in my area, but during that time I have met and cuddled with six CC members. One has come back three times.

It takes a lot of work -- yes, work! -- and it's a continuous process to answer messages, correspond with the most compatible, and arrange meet-ups. I began to have more success after participating in the forums. Quite a few people messaged me to say something nice about something I'd posted. If you rely just on combing through the cuddlers, I think you're going to be less likely to find someone.

• [Deleted User]SexyBrit (deleted user)

I've met someone for coffee once to see if we were compatible (a very wise practice). We seemed to get on very well indeed but with reflection they decided that cuddling wasn't for them, cancelled our cuddle date and deleted their account...

Oh well, the search continues...

• I've been on CC a month and have met with two people and I am seeing one of them again in a few days. I've also had conversations with several people through the site. Like others said you have to put yourself out there. My area isn't very active with cuddlers, but I live on a major highway so lots of travelers. Make connections, make thoughtful posts on the forums, and tell your friends about the benefits of cuddling!

• I've been fortunate to meet several fine gents via this site.

• edited November 2017

As we've said in the past, the cuddle communities on the west coast are few and far between especially in major cities like Las Vegas and LA. If you do a search for either, you'll find very few cuddlers at all and most haven't been active in a while. I got very lucky to meet someone I connected with the very first time on CC for Vegas,

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

I have and can't wait to again!

• I've been cuddling for years but have been back on CC since August. I pretty much cuddle daily. Sometimes several in a day but they all aren't from CC. Since August I've probably cuddled 20 cuddlers from CC. It is definitely a lot of work to make that happen

• [Deleted User]Ham92 (deleted user)

I've met someone on here and had a really positive experience! It took a lot of going through and messaging people, and I also found using the "visitors" tab useful. If I saw a potential cuddle buddy had viewed my profile, I'd have a look a message them, just in case they were too nervous to message me first!
    I think it's also easier for me because I travel to the two nearby cities lot, but if I didn't do that then there is nobody around.

• @BlueIris and @Scarlette Excellent point!

I am drawn to this site over dating sites because I know l do not have the time/energy to put into dating at this time. But the correspondence and coordination required of this type of project still requires a decent amount of work.

It makes me wonder if that is part of the reason so many of the female cuddlers on the site are pro: the coordination and time required, especially with what seems to be a heavier load of requests and messages than the males are expressing, really necessitates compensation if the females are to earnestly respond to and coordinate with the high number of requests? That could be so off, and I welcome any disagreement with that statement as I'm no expert (and BlueIris, I know you have managed your time expertly without charging -- so impressive!), but that's a thought I have, particularly because the gender disparity and lack of female responses do come up on the threads so often. (And I'm not saying I'm exempt either-- I'm sure my frequent lack of response to messages have frustrated others as well. All just ideas running though my head tonight as l try to distract myself from the sting of the Dodgers loss :-)

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

I met someone from here last year and cuddled a few times, though to be honest I've had more luck finding people through Facebook, Tinder (believe it or not, there are actually people on Tinder seeking platonic cuddle buddies only!), OkCupid and Reddit. I think it's good to try a range of methods because you never know where you'll find someone you click with.

• @sunflowerfield. Great point! I have a Facebook account for my cuddle business and also use dating sites. I've had some amazing cuddles from these places.

• Met one cuddler from here and will meet again.

• I've now met and cuddled with 9 guys from CC in 2.5 months. Yippee!!

• I've cuddled with 18 from here since the end of August and cuddled with most of them multiple times. I'm a cuddle monster!!!

• @Scarlette You are a cuddle monster!!! Something I aspire to be!!

• @Scarlette, wow! Makes me wonder what I am doing wrong :)

• Probably going to go cuddle someone from CC on Saturday! I'm excited, a little nervous, hoping it goes well

• I met Scarlette today!!! We had lunch and gabbed for 5 hours!!! She is a blast!!!

• [Deleted User]overstuffed (deleted user)

Not a soul.

• Same here @overstuffed. As long as I exist on here there is a chance so maybe at some point I will. I think it's likely that I'd get more interest if I posted a picture but I generally don't post much information about myself online. I've never liked to.

• [Deleted User]overstuffed (deleted user)

@JasonCuddles Well, I have posted a pic (as you can see), put some basic information, and reached out to folks in my area (and outside the area. I just chalk it up to individual preference and choice. I'm just not what others are looking for.

• [Deleted User]Ham92 (deleted user)

I've met a couple of people on here now, including one cuddle buddy I see regularly now