How to make cuddlecomfort work?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]GoodHands (deleted user)
    One key issue concerns not the structure or features of the site, but the mindset of the members. I get the

impression. that some members are looking to cuddle only with people they'd be romantically attracted to: you know, "Must be within three years of my age, same race, movie-star handsome with six-pack abs, single, educated, blah, blah. I can offer no proof for this hypothesis. I just know that the intention of the site was to counteract the relatively low familiarity with and acceptance of platonic cuddling by the masses "out there"; that in here, we could find like-minded people who value platonic touch and are eager to engage in cuddling with less "selectivity" than they would use in choosing a mate. But my experience has been that this operates very much like a dating site: way more men than women, and the women express their lack of interest in a given man by simply ignoring even a friendly, well-worded hello. I have written to quite a few female members within 50 miles of me, and heard back from exactly none of them. Some have viewed my profile, which says to me that rejection in here is to be expected at least as frequently as it would be encountered among members of the general public with no affinity for cuddling. :-/  Perhaps we all need to do a better job on our profiles. Rather than having more and better check-boxes (political affiliation, what kind of movies), just write better essays (sales copy). And on that note, I'm going to go work on mine.

• I concur with the 'date site' feel of cuddlecomfort. I don't object to this, but it does seem to overplay the platonic nature of the site. True, a short essay about who you are and what you expect to get from the site would be better than any set of check-boxes. However, check-boxes that relate to platonic cuddling would be better than a set of 'standard' date site check-boxes. Interestingly, although the basic profile indicates your general location and although you can easily search to find members in your area, the majority of postings are asking who is in a particular area. What gives with that?
    Maybe stories of successful cuddle sessions would encourage others. Would it be better to weed out the members who haven't signed on for over a year? I'm just brainstorming on how to get more activity on the site.

• [Deleted User]GoodHands (deleted user)
    edited April 2015
    I second the motion to consider weeding out the truly inactive profiles. I just did a search for females aged  22-40 within 50 miles of me. I got 36 results, only 2 of which had signed on within the last month. Of the first ten results, 5 haven't signed on within the last 16 months. Even though deactivating profiles would cut the overall numbers, it might make the place seem more vibrant because all the remaining members would be those who participate on some level.

Also agree a place for "success stories" might be encouraging for people considering taking the plunge.
  • edited April 2015
    I've just created a topic for success stories with the hope that it will allow us to create an official page on the main website at some point in the future :)

• Could there be a way to "hide" our profiles temporarily? I ended up canceling my account because I connected with a couple of people and didn't want to have to turn down a new person due to lack of time. Now I'm back and have time again. :)  I did have to use a different e-mail the second time around, because my old e-mail address is still connected to the canceled account, but I wasn't able to sign in or reactivate the canceled account.
  • I think that an 'inactive' feature would be welcomed if members could then search and include active status in the search. Perhaps after a certain period of inactivity, the status could become 'inactive' automatically. But it you are just lacking time for whatever reason, your profile could be updated to let people know.
  • edited April 2015
    "Could there be a way to "hide" our profiles temporarily?"

I agree that temporary account de-activation is a much needed feature which is why it's on our roadmap. In the meantime, I would do as 'docgatorb' suggests and leave a clear message on your profile.

• Thanks for all the work you do on this website! :)
  • edited April 2015
    It would be very very helpful in the areas with less activity if we could sort search results by how recently they were online when browsing for members nearby
  • Or maybe just a "online within the last _______________" amount of time bar :)
  • When was the exact date the website got an overhaul? Uncertain how I feel about it (that deep blue yo...mmmm), but I'm guessing the look works a lot better with mobile devices. The fact it still works on non-mobile is enough for me at this times, but in a world where most people use their phones as their computers? Probable to believe a new round of members to join at some point. Bravo? :D
  • Hey I've just joined the site recently, and I do a search within a particular radius, and it comes up with people thousands of kms away. So I figured there weren't many locally. Then I got contacted by a few locals. I did the search a few times and sometimes I get locals but mostly I don't. And sometimes I get people on the other side of the country, but it's certainly not within 100 miles or whatever!

Please fix the search function so that it operates properly and we can actually find each other. Thanks :-)
  • Any scope for signatures on the forum?
  • I've noticed that linking to someone's personal profile from the forum comments is no longer consistently linking to the member's profile, but rather to the forum profile. Am I missing the option to search for someone in the browse function by member name?
  • edited May 2015
    Hey @docgatorb I just noticed a couple of things,, the browse section only sorts members by how recently they have logged on, not by their distance from you, like before. Also, there is an option beyond 100 miles, "Anywhere." You're likely seeing the most recent log-ons in the country/world if distance is set to "Anywhere," which I think is what it automatically sets to. There is no "sort by distance" option anymore, but it filters all the way down to "within 5 miles" so you have some amount of control :)
  • edited June 2015
    Sorry not docgator, my comment was for Colourful :)
  • [Deleted User]kricket232 (deleted user)
    I agree with those that said a filter for "last online" is badly needed. There are more dead accounts than active ones in my area.
  • There are more dead accounts in all areas. Let's trim this plant so that it can grow
  • edited June 2015
    The 'last online' filter, while not a clickable option, should be enabled by default for every search. Is that not happening?
  • The last online thing is working for me. I think the chat room is a really good idea.
  • Yes, last online is wsorking, it is the Only option :p but like i said that's okay cuz the "within __ miles" option still gives you some amount of control. it would just be helpful if you could choose last online OR sort by distance.

If i had to choose one though, the way it currently is is what i would choose, like i said the distance limit really helps and you just weed through the ones that are just a tiny bit too far :)
  • A new editing box is available in the forums! it still saves your drafts like before, but now you can edit the text in many different ways, and create hyperlinks. Quite a boon of an update right there. :D
  • edited June 2015
    @docgatorb Fixed the profile linking issue again, including @ references like I just did with this post. Hopefully all username mentions now consistently link to main profiles.

@JoeSomebody2 Glad you like it.
  • The review system is live now. When you've had an online conversion with someone, you'll have the ability to post a review of your cuddle experience with then. The form will show under the 'Reviews' tab. 
  • The review system needs some use to show that it works. I need to up my game an actually seek cuddlers out rather than be social over the website, don't I? Curses! I mean...yay. :D
  • I'm also reviving this discussion to encourage further development and improvement of the website. One suggestion that I would make would be to create an advertisement section for those professionasl who want to promote their services, I think that this would be less confusing to new members, rather than the simple professional designation. It could offer other services such a space for rent, cuddle fashion wear, courses, events and such. It could be a source of revenue for the site and further distinguish who is here as a business vs. simply trying to meet people who share an interest in cuddles.
  • @docgatorb I love the courses idea and would lend my support to assist in any way that I could if needed.

I also like the idea of having/sharing events in ones area so that people can have an opportunity to meet/host larger cuddle groups as well in their area as opposed to a simply one-on-one session.

• A local events feature is something I've always imagined would eventually exist here. It just makes perfect sense for cuddle parties. 
  • I think another item should be added next to the "who people are interested in cuddling with".  That other option would be age range.

I say this as some cuddlers may have reservations as to what age they want to cuddle with.  I personally don't have an issue with it, but have felt like this might be something that is needed.