Do looks matter?

Do the looks of the person you are cuddling with matter to you? As a pro cuddler I often have people try to send me pictures of themselves before cuddling. This always makes me sad because I feel like they have been rejected for cuddles before based on their looks. I could care less how my cuddle partner looks as long as they have good Karma and a nice vibe. ☺️

Comments

• 💯Yes

• Looks don't matter to me as long as there is good vibes but for safety reasons, I request a photo or do a short video call so I know who I am meeting.

• And smell nice!
    I’m 💯 with you on this.

• What I hear more often than not re sending a pic is that If you don't already have one on your profile, the person would like to know who they are meeting and that it is more for safety reasons than anything .

• edited June 2023

They are not important to me, but they are important to a lot of clients.

I do pretty much insist on a photo before meeting somebody for a cuddle. This is nothing to do with looks, but two other things. I like to see what people look like - a picture tells a thousand words - and for safety. My profile has public face photos, but if it didn't I would always send such a picture before meeting.

I've certainly been rejected for looks in a romantic context a million times. In a cuddling context I don't know - some of the people who looked at my profile before deciding not to reply to my message may have based their decision on looks. (Most who don't reply don't look at my profile either.)

I would guess that very, very few potential clients have been rejected by a professional because of looks.

• It’s more for safety, I would imagine. At a bare minimum, someone must have sent me a photo and have a somewhat established and fleshed out profile before I will consider booking with them…though I often screen more heavily based on the situation. Knowing what they look like is part of basic screening and safety protocol…in my humble opinion.

I see it as a sign that a cuddler has been around for a but and knows what the standards for meeting etiquette are around here when they send a photo with their introduction…especially if they don’t have any other photos on their profile. It’s a sign of good faith in the least. I can’t speak for other pros, but I am unlikely to accept a request from someone with a bare profile who refuses to send a selfie. Everyone who either wouldn’t or beat around the bush all day and drug their feet was a walking red flag.

So I submit that it’s less about looks and more about easing potential concerns of the pro you’re contacting than attempting to be accepted for a paid cuddle based off your looks alone. Now as far as who a cuddler chooses to contact for a paid cuddle, I do think there are many here who contact a woman based off her looks. I can’t count the men who’ve contacted me based off of my picture alone without taking even two seconds to peruse my profile. I’m flattered, I suppose, and I can’t be angry at people for wanting to spend their money based off what’s important to them. This is not a dating site, and while this shouldn’t matter, bear in mind that humans are aesthetically motivated, and I’m sure that if you are paying for a service, your pro’s physical appearance will play a role…even for the person with the most innocent intentions. While we may not like this, it’s undoubtedly true.

For pros though? No. At least not for me. As long as someone is respectful and will follow my rules/instructions, it’s generally a good fit.

• Doesnt matter to me as long as they are clean, no drugs, alcohol, 420 etc and female, (havent become comfortable with males yet) even though in previous jobs I tended to thousands of patrons regardless of age, gender, looks whatever. If they want to publish a photo more power to them. When you publish a photo then it becomes public domain and it could end up anywhere for unethical purposes.

• I send a photo because I don't have a profile pic. I do it so they can use it to verify I am me if we end up booking.

• edited June 2023

They don't matter to me at all. I was a chubby kid in middle school and was bullied by both the girls and boys and called ugly and fat so I know how hurtful it is to be judged on looks alone. But I won't lie.....when I am paying money to cuddle I am selective for sure, but I have such diverse taste it may not seem like it at all.

• How many ya'll ever booked a massage therapist not knowing each other except maybe a name and gender or what they looked like before hand, maybe some specialties though? I have countless times. If we were a species that looked identical to each other would it matter?

• @CelestialTouch - Before I discovered professional cuddling, I never booked anything that involved somebody touching me(besides the doctor).

• I do it out of fairness, if I can see a picture of them, they should be able to see a picture of me.

I have been rejected for a cuddle likely due to the way I look, but I have also been compliment on how I look when messaging a cuddler.

• I also don't and will probably never feel comfortable cuddling a man. I know this is a platonic site, but it's still my personal comfort level. Other than that, looks don't matter.

• edited June 2023

My interest in being really up close and personal with a stranger’s body is intuitive and does depend on some kind of connection to how they physically present. Some people are not interested in cuddling any strangers, while some will cuddle anyone. I think being completely indifferent to appearance, gender, or body type is an appropriate and wonderful quality for a pro to have. And many enthusiasts will also say appearance is not important to them. But I think it is a factor for many. Note that appearance mattering is different from attractiveness mattering, which is different from having photos or exchanging photos mattering. In real life I get all kinds of information from someone’s eyes, or how they inhabit their body, and it is hard to get the same information from a photo, but it matters to me if a pro (for example) is smiling in any of their pictures, if they have pictures where they look kind and down-to-earth, or if they are all pouty close-ups with lots of make-up, for example.

• edited June 2023

@frankparker9
    I think that’s a really good clarification of appearance vs attractiveness, overall a good explanation.

• Not one bit. Just need a photo upfront so I know who I'm meeting with. I'm here to give my loving touch to all with open arms. Just smell good. 🙌🥰

• edited June 2023

@frankparker9 exactly.

I want to add that it turns out, sadly, looks do matter to me in some ways. Over the last few years I have become acutely conscious that I like to surround myself with beautiful women as best I can. Other things being equal, I will always choose the more attractive. It's not something I'm proud of, and in romantic contexts I'm pretty sure it's done me harm somewhere along the way.

But the key point is, "other things being equal". In cuddling, for me they never have been. I've never turned anybody down for a cuddle, and it's quite hard to imagine circumstances in which I would. The only place where my choice comes into it is in selecting which professional I might message.

The days when looks might be a factor in that are long gone - I already cuddle with too many professionals - but even when looks might have been decisive, I always went with the stuff that actually mattered. And yes, it was a while ago now but I did go back to review all the messaging decisions I'd ever made and do the analysis. I was able to identify one or two occasions when I had thought about looks ... but I'd always discarded the thought.

• As others have said, looks as in "attractiveness" doesn't matter to me - I'm not here to date. I do require a pic before meeting simply for safety reasons - both to know whom I'm meeting and for professional safety if something should go wrong I or my safety buddy has something to send to the cops.

I go much more by "vibe", which has to do with how we interact with one another. I've been happy cuddling people of all sorts 😊

• edited June 2023

Personality over looks every time. A person's look will not make me feel safe, but a present personality certainly will. I totally understand why a potential professional cuddling partner needs a photo of me.

• Looks can be more than just facial or physical features. It may also be dress, appearance, and hygiene to name a few. I'm a bigger man, average looking IMO so I make sure I dress, smell, and have good hygiene. A good personality doesn't hurt either.

• Anything involving the senses introduces a push and pull in hundreds of different directions at once. Looks are just one aspect of a person and a lot of people don't have the ability to discern what looks good or bad. I've had terrible pictures turn into amazing cuddles and amazing pictures fall flat. So no. Looks are only one aspect. Plus I tend toward auditory.

• Looks make a very large difference in determining if I will desire to reach out. If I see four paws, or even no paws at all if they have scaley skin, I am for sure going to want to say hello.

• I believe unconsciously we all desire beauty. With that said, what I find as beautiful/attractive may not be the same for the next person. For me, it's the cuddle, conversation, the energy one gives off. As for the photos many of them have filters and don't show the true appearance of one's self. Many of the photos are just head shots and dated. Remember, there's someone for everyone don't sell yourself short.

• @TampaCuddlePro They send a picture because that is common practice here for men who don't have a public picture. In their About Me section, many Pro's state a requirement for a picture in the first message, or they won't respond. It is for safety purposes, though I'm sure some men are turned down for looks, though less likely when money is on the table.

Attractiveness does not matter to me, with cuddling. I have agreed to meet men without having any picture of them, at all. I don't do this anymore for safety reasons, though (I send their picture to my safety contact, in case anything goes wrong).

Hygiene does matter, but you typically can't tell that from a picture.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited June 2023

Even when looks are taken out of the equation things can go sideways:

Google Rodney Alcala

• Anyone want to see my baby pic at 6 wks? Ok, its not mine but somebody's.

Whats your baby pic look like?

• Everyone I plan to meet with, I tell them hygiene is number one. That is the main thing to be sure you are on the same page about in meeting someone. Looks shouldn’t even be an issue.

• @CelestialTouch - Like this: O-<-<

• Yes, to one degree or another. To a pro, it should not matter b/c you are getting paid for a service. When selecting a pro, yes, looks matter. It's your money, you'll want to pay for someone you deem attractive.