The Trending 2-hour Minimum

Hi CuddleComfort World,

Just had a some food for thought. I noticed many pros do 2 hour minimums, which is 100% fine. I hear that some clients won't book 2 hour minimums (at least definitely not the 1st visit) in case the cuddle isn't so great. Last thing they want is to realize the vibe isn't there and they've already paid for 2 hours, when ready to end it after one.

This isn't a complaint, I just wonder if any pros consider this from a clients perspective. Of course if you travel long distances as a pro I get it. But again, food for thought.

Comments

• Considering cuddling is all I do in Florida, and I can host there, it’s easy for me to accept 1 hour cuddles. But I think for those that work full time jobs or have a family or kids, they probably want to make the snuggle worthwhile if they have to prepare and step away from their family.

The only time I have a minimum is travelling 2 hours or more. I won’t drive two hours to you and two hours back for a one hour cuddle.

Every pro is different 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Communication prior to meeting is key. You can get a sense of vibe from that. Study the profile carefully. And trust your gut.

I typically book 2-hours with a new cuddler. And 3 hours with someone I have cuddled with before.

• It typically takes about an hour to 1.5 to get into a zone where you’re really comfortable and the positive effects can get the chance to kick in. Those who know, know.
    In my experience, a lot of people are nervous or chatty at first and it takes an effort to let your body take over to relax, I don’t feel like I can offer a sufficient session with such little time.

Of course there’s other elements like gas prices, site fees, drive time (and people who live a two hour round trip outside of the city who want to book you for 20 minutes), but I’d like to explain it in a way that’s relevant to people who aren’t pros.

• I don’t have a problem with it. I get a sense of the person before I book. Plus I’ve never done less then 2 hours, usually more.

• edited July 2023

I've only ever done paid 2 hour cuddles with one professional and that's because she offered me an absurdly discounted rate. Unless my life changes significantly I'll never be able to afford 2 hours. Well, I could save up, but half as many long sessions means twice the gap between sessions.

I completely understand and sympathise with the desire on the part of the professional to make the preparation worth it. What saddens me is the lack of advertised 1.5 hour sessions, which is the actual sweet spot.

• That sounds like a really unfortunate trend. When seeing a new pro it makes sense that the first session be short because you don't know if you'll get along or not.
    Well like all things in a capitalist society if you don't like it don't sign up for that. It sounds too risky to me.
    Unless you can cancel within five minutes and get your second hour refunded I wouldn't risk it.

• edited July 2023

I have never booked less than a 2 hour cuddle so this trend doesn’t bother me but I certainly understand how it could be an issue for others.

I try to get to know someone to the degree I can through their profile and DMs. Most of the pros I have booked and enthusiasts I have cuddled have thorough, well written profiles that really give me a strong sense of who they are as a person before I initiate contact. I intentionally avoid anyone with too short of a profile because I see that as an orange flag - if someone is unable or unwilling to put in the effort to share a little about themselves in writing, then the odds of us “clicking” in person are pretty low.

On two occasions, I have even booked a 4 hour, first session with a pro because they had a significant discount for 4 hour sessions and I had a good enough sense of who they were that I was willing to risk the bigger commitment of time and money. So far, I have never regretted booking a longer session 😊

• IMO 2 hours is really the sweet spot. As a pro I take time to get myself and my space ready, I sanitize surfaces, and I make arrangements for my kids including sometimes needing to drive them to a babysitter’s house. I can’t always afford to do that for a 1 hour session.

If I travel I prefer a minimum 3 hour session, although I’m willing to do 2 in some circumstances because I understand 3 hours plus a travel fee adds up.

For repeat clients I’ll do an hour if that’s what they prefer. But 2 is best for an initial session.

• So I have a lot of logistical reasons for not wanting to do one hour or even one and a half hour sessions given that I host in two office locations that are 30 and 40 minutes away respectively. But I also find that hour long sessions feel very rushed especially when I’m just getting to know someone. I also used to have the low return rate with clients who only booked one hour. My theory is that the clients who only booked one hour either couldn’t afford cuddle therapy to begin with, and they just barely afforded at the one hour, but couldn’t afford to come back again or that they did not get the full benefits of cuddle therapy, and therefore did not see the value and coming back again, because the session was so short. Especially with first timers there often is this warming up period and they are just starting to ease into it around the one hour mark. And it’s really frustrating when the client has to go just as they start to feel better and then they leave not feeling fulfilled.

So in short, it’s too much driving in preparation for me to do an hour long session and most of my clients don’t seem to get much out of one hour. And it doesn’t help me to get repeat clients, which is always the goal with a new client.

In terms of people, feeling nervous about whether or not, they enjoy it. I do offer a free consultation call over zoom, which is mandatory for all new clients. I also have lots of positive, karma and I rarely have anyone gives me negative feedback. Usually the worst thing that happens is somebody comes and hoping there is more than just Cuddling and then they find themselves board or disappointed but that’s really on them because I’m very clear about my boundaries. It is also in my code of conduct that either party can end the session at any time, so if someone is really uncomfortable, they can just get up and leave they don’t have to stay until the end no they wont get a refund it but they are not a prisoner.

Most of my regulars will tell you that an hour is nowhere near enough time and would be way too rushed.

• Great feedback!! Thanks everyone!!

• I agree with 2-3 hr sessions but not longer. I think longer than 3 hrs or overnights has too much potential for non-platonic involvement and Im not here for that. For a new cuddler though, 2 hrs may not be appropriate especially if they are not used to physical contact. When I started massage therapy, introduction to touch with classmates was just a few minutes with a student practitioner touching the shoulders of the recipient from behind with hands supinated. Going all in for a new cuddler may be overwhelming especially if your touching someone with a history of being abused. No, If I was a pro and a client booked only for half hour to start, that would be perfectly fine because I understand introduction to touch is very important.

• If a pro is driving 30-45 minutes (or more!) each way for a session with me, then I don't mind a 2 hour minimum at all. The drive has to be worth her time after all.

• @Jubal Agreed. The session should be at least as long as her round trip commute. Seems fair.

• edited July 2023

Logistics, travel, time/value, economics, your own flow and vibe, the comfy spot for you....because the sky is blue or because you decided that's how to run your business woot! Yes, understood. 2 hour minimum.

The client getting the most out of it in YOUR eyes.... hold on rolling mine...

I'm not going to get into why all of what was said was elitist but ah... I beg of you to reconsider that philosophy.

Also, not everyone who said that they believe its better for them and the client are elitist in my mind. If that's your vibe do it. The actual elitism is what's got me irritated.

• edited July 2023

I don't book many different people. I've only seen a total of three pros that I became a repeat client of. Two of them I didn't book my first session until many back and forths between them in the forums. So I'm fine with 2 hours since I already know how the experience will be.

• I do accept one hour sessions though that's never enough time! While we can usually get comfy and sink into the amazing cuddle space quickly the time just always seems to fly by!

• I get requiring a two-hour minimum for first-time clients if a Pro has seen time and again that one hour just doesn't cut it for first-timers. But after that, it would be nice to give the client the choice. le shrug

I've only paid for a Pro once, and while I was surprised by the two-hour requirement, I didn't mind one bit; and once in-session, I knew it was 100% the right move on the Pro's part. Two hours flew by and I was so giddy I nearly left without paying. 😆

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @Nature_Lover_ - The first pro that I schedule regular monthly sessions with I do one hour with her which is fine. It gives me something to look forward to for next month. She deactivated her account here 4 years ago due to a bad experience on this site but she still accepts bookings with me for only $60. I stick that into my regular monthly budget. Everything else I kind of play it by ear depending on how much I feel like doing my side hustle(delivering food) for extra cash.

• edited July 2023

Reported and reviewed. Removing comment.Please use the price mega thread to discuss pro pricing. [Charlie_Bear]

• edited July 2023

Reported and reviewed. Removing comment.Please use the price mega thread to discuss pro pricing. [Charlie_Bear]

• @Melancholy it sounds like you need to be better compensated for your time especially if you are providing your own equipment. Have you considered working independently?

• @CuddleDuncan if someone asked for 1.5 hours I wouldn't have a problem booking it. 💁‍♀️

• I agree with most of the reasons given already for a two hour minimum.

I see the reasons for this as follows:
    1) Financial- distance, total labor, ROI related
    2) Experience- Wanting to provide a non-rushed and quality service to your clientele
    3) Opportunity Cost- What other forms of labor can you do during that time that generate more income?
    4) How much cuddling can you do in a day? This is not an 8 hour job. I think many folks have an inflated idea of what self-employed folks make based off an hourly rate. That amount includes all the other time spent providing that service, including overhead costs.

I have a two hour minimum based on distance. Basically, if it takes 40 minutes to an hour round trip to get to the location, then one hour sessions are a no. With the time one spends on messaging back and forth prior to a session, the time you spend getting cleaned up and presentable for a session, at a certain point, spending another 2 plus hours including commute for $100 is simply not worth it. At that point, the hourly rate spent on administrative time, prep, travel, and session breaks down to around $20 per hour, after the site takes their cut. That’s not even considering the cost of gas and wear and tear on one’s vehicle. All of this should factor into someone’s decision of what to charge and whether or not they decide to accept a booking.

At that point, that’s a regular job requiring little experience in most areas. I will do one hour sessions if they are close to my house. Otherwise, it’s not worth it and I can make more money doing work from home without paying for gas and wear and tear on my car.

I also agree that an hour feels very rushed, and a half hour must be a joke. I didn’t even realize such a service was an option until someone brought it to my attention recently. That’s not nearly enough time to get comfortable and relaxed. I say 30 minute sessions should be aptly renamed “Speed Cuddling.” It takes a good 10 minutes to talk and get settled, much less wrapping up at the end. That leaves like 15-20 minutes for actual cuddling.

• @Rachel_P I really appreciate the way you laid it out. So much prep work can go into a session on the pro's side (yes, there are those that will do bare minimum, but there are plenty others that genuinely want to provide a wonderful service to their cuddlers). If my round-trip exceeds an hour, I have a minimum of a 2 hour session (will even consider 1.5 if asked nicely and it is a day where I can make that exception). It's easier to have a blanket rule for yourself stating the minimum time and rationale behind it and then be able to tweak that on a case by case basis than to not address it at all and it become a pain point for you.

• @Mike403 that totally makes sense and I'm glad you connected with someone and can still get your monthly cuddles for $60. Love it when things just work out. 😊

• edited July 2023

absolutely hate the 2 hour min and ive never booked or will book a cuddler with this min what if we dont click after 5min im stuck for 2 hours or what if i dont have the time or dont feel like spending on a 2 hour sesh😡 whats wrong with a 1 hour or an hour and a half not everyone that goes into the grocery store buys the same thing and in the same amount right

• @Baby_ That's what detailed profiles are supposed to help avert: the not clicking thing. I try to give as much insight into my personality as possible on my profile. Cuddlers like what they read, or they don't. Plus there's messaging before a session.

Filling out a profile as thoroughly as possible can go a long way towards screening.

A profile that only reads "Hi! I like to cuddle, have fun, and laugh!" portends potential disappointment.

• @TxTom - I agree 💯

• edited July 2023

I’ve never had a minimum. I do things a little differently than some other pros.
    I’ve only considered having a minimum if the Client is hosting at a hotel and i have to drive pretty far, then it would be more worth my time. So far I have not implemented that.
    I normally host and that’s the main reason i don’t have a 2 hour minimum. Sometimes, even for the pro with a first time Cuddler, I don’t know how it’s going to vibe, and so I would prefer them make the decision on the amount of time. Sometimes an hour is more than enough.
    Edit: why make cuddling even more unaffordable to others? I get that I’m in a different situation than others. I can only speak for myself.

• I haven't run into pros with a 2 hour min, but I always do 2 hours for the first session since it takes time to get comfortable with someone new

It is a gamble yes, but you'll have to take the risk based on their profile and karma