Is it a red flag to meet a cuddler that has no feedback/Karma and been a member here since 2018?

My friend, the person responsible for having referred me to CC just revealed to me that there is a cuddler that wishes to cuddle with him, problem is that his profile doesn't have any karma since 2018ish he has been a member. I am like, how the (creamy) fudge (ice cake) are you a member of CC since 2018 and not have any karma? he asked me for his opinion, but since I am new to this I don't know what to tell him, so what's everyone's opinion regarding meeting someone that has been a member of CC for many many many many many years but has no karma?? is that is a red flag? What would you do in this situation. Please explain, thx.

1. No no no, its not a red flag, he has been a member since 2018, and has pictures!!! so it's all cool!89 votes
    1. It's a red flag (please explain in the comments why)
        8.99%
    2. Member has been here since 2018 without getting banned, that's justification enough that he's legit
      28.09%
    3. Oh man! I don't know can't tell these days who's good and bad by just seeing a few pics and acct age
      38.20%
    4. pffffs I don't have an opinion, just show me the damned poll results?!!!
      24.72%

Comments

• Idk, it could mean so much... most of the people I cuddle with don't leave karam. I'd say about 10% leave karma, so he might have just cuddled with people who don't leave karma. Is he okay with sharing other info? I go by vibes tbh, if they're polite and willing to share personal info despite a blank profile I would see them ... but that's me and everybody is entitled to their own boundaries. If you don't want to cuddle this person, don't, there are plenty of other fish in the sea and your safety is most important.

• I’m not sure you should expect karma from everyone. For many reasons, they may not have cuddled to get karma, there are so many reasons why that could be the case. They may not want karma for one reason or the other and ask not to be left karma, that happens. I mean if everyone gets 5 stars how does that differ from no stars.

But i tell you it’s not as easy to find matches for everyone as you think, especially men who cuddle women. Location matters in many cases. I can run a list but basically karma can be an indicator of something, but bay very much. The lack of it may tell you something, but not very much.

• It has no correlation between being sketch or not. People make profiles places and forget about them all the time. As a pro you eventually you can tell by the way they say, hi. Its weird but in the beginning I was wrong a lot. It took seeing tons of messages for me to finally get the flow of who is who. So... snap judgements don't work well here. Unless their profile says something bad there's no way of telling by the profile either. The human mind learns to draw conclusions pretty quickly so until you have a big enough sample size I wouldn't judge profiles, karma or lack there of off the bat.

• To me personally, that would throw some red flags. It doesn’t mean there is any cause for concern, but I would definitely screen them to see if they are dodgy about identifying themselves.

• I’ve been here since before covid and don’t think I have karma. That’s because I haven’t met anyone to cuddle yet. I choose not to cuddle Pros (no hate, it’s just not for me). Set up plans with a couple of enthusiasts here and there who ghosted, and don’t have tons of enthusiasts near me who meet my other criteria around age (not someone who could be my daughter, etc). There are good reasons to not have accumulated karma, but you should evaluate it in the bigger picture: what other interactions of theirs can you see, and what do you learn from those interactions?

• I have been here 10 years. When I first came on I don’t remember there being karma. I came back on recently after being lonely.

If I didn’t connect with a few wonderful pros, I wouldn’t have karma either. Maybe they have not wanted to pay. Could be other reasons.

Ask them. Talk to them first. Meet in public. Get a feeling for who they are.

• edited September 2023

For what little it's worth, I was a karmaless, no picture user for nearly a year before I even attempted anything.

Even still, there's never any harm making sure if there's even just a hint of doubt.

• edited September 2023

It is categorically, unequivocally, not a red flag in and of itself. It's not even an orange flag. However it is a legitimate topic for conversation.

• Some people don't use Karma at all. For example, it offers 'plausible deniability'. "Oh yeah I signed up to see what it was about, but I never did anything."
    • Many people join and take months or even years to pluck up the courage to contact anybody.
    • It's common to join, leave quite quickly, and then return years later.
    • If you are a man who cuddles women and you are stony broke you can't hire professionals. Meeting enthusiast women is difficult and can easily take years.
    • Writing Karma is the exception, not the rule. The vast majority of meetings between members do not result in Karma simply because nobody thinks of writing it, or do think of it and don't get round to it. (Similarly, most members don't even know there is a forum, never mind visit it.)
    • There have been numerous cases of people with lots of great Karma doing something horrible and being banned.
    • Etc.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio
    Than are dreamt of in your philosopy

Hamlet 1.5

• Just to piggy back off what others have said above me,
    Karma is like a yelp review.
    It's solely based off one person's experience.
    I've been to fantastic restaurants that had no Yelp reviews and been to horrible ones that had tons of good reviews.
    It's not necessarily a deal breaker or red flag. I personally would just do a good thorough screening check for everybody's sake

• edited September 2023

• Go your gut instincts….it could just be that no one has left comments?!

• edited September 2023

Red flag.

The one person who I had scheduled with that had been here for multiple years with no karma, we had a date scheduled, and when it came time for him to send ID and confirm scheduled time, he wouldn’t respond. He had said giving ID was not an issue, and he made it sound like he was looking for to cuddling. We had multiple conversations, and then ghosted me at that point. I even sent one last message (before scheduled time) asking if he became too anxious.

The reasoning he gave for no karma was that people had posted karma but maybe now they are deleted users. I think those still show up though, so I don’t think that’s a valid reason. Not a hundred percent sure on that though.

The only red flag I felt had about him was one small detail in the picture and a gut feeling that he would back out because of that one small detail, despite great convos. I won’t post that here in case he reads this. I don’t want to be hurtful to him, even though he stopped conversations with me.

And, your post stated above, five years, no karma. That was the same amount of time I was dealing with. One year maybe, five years and you’ve had cuddling but no reviews, a little sketchy. Going with your gut though is super important, either way.

• @CuddleHugs01234 if somebody leaves Karma and then deletes their account, the Karma remains. (There are several examples in my Karma.) So the person was lying when they said that they had Karma that had vanished.

But to my way of thinking the red flags were the lying and the detail in the picture, not the absence of Karma.

I sorry you had this bad experience, these things aren't nice. You are right not to post details here - it's not ok to post stuff from conversation or profiles in the forum. (It's talking in public about somebody behind their back, which isn't nice.)

• @CuddleDuncan
    Okay on the karma, that’s what I was thinking on that. He did mention that karma has been left then possibly just deleted for some reason. So if it was left, then, yes, it was deleted.

• No karma since 2018 doesn't really mean much IMO.

• maybe covid killed any desire to cuddle
    • maybe something personal changed( work, relationships, family etc.)
    • maybe he just cuddles with that same person who gave the karma all of the time
    • Lack of money (if seeing pros)

This is an excellent example to do a public meet-up, phone or zoom call and see what your gut tells you.
    I'm in that same boat, joined around that time so I can see someone thinking that about me but I consider myself one of the most down to earth, respectful people out there.

• I only got my first cuddle 7 months after signing up because I was very nervous to meet someone at first and didn't start really start cuddling after that until 12 months after signing up. I already had a few karma and someone at the time messaged me why I don't have more karma. It was actually upsetting at first, but then after being on the site; I realize most of my repeat cuddle sessions don't even leave karma at all. I am not going to lie; I definitely feel more comfortable at first if someone has karma, but have realized some of my best cuddles have been with those that don't have karma and some of my worst cuddles have been with some people with tons of 5 star karma.

• Karma is just another feedback system. Having been in a number of professional roles involving those, i will say that most people do not leave feedback on an experience unless they've been blown away by it or it was terrible. As such, not having karma might not mean anything. Also, like any online review system, it can be manipulated easily.

If your friend is unsure, they should probably have a video call, or short chat in a public place, with whoever they'd be cuddling with to get a feel for them before the session actually start and contingencies in place should things turn sour.

• Not a problem.

• You’ve got a double 1.

• Two words. Poop cam

• I became a member years ago but wasn’t ready to cuddle with anyone for a long time. Took a break for a few years before returning. Maybe this person did the same?

I would just be upfront and ask why no karma. They might also not want to have any karma for their own personal reasons.

• I don't have karma.

• Some people just don't leave karma, idk what it is. Ive had some great cuddles where I left karma and they didn't. If that user has no karma maybe they just aren't the type to leave it. No red flag, red flag would be bad karma.

• 🚩🚩🚩? Not if you're willing to communicate with them ahead of scheduling, which is my personal preference.

On the flip, one funny client told me, "I don't want anyone else to know how great you are or else you won't have time for me!" 😁

• As a pro, I have had many clients who made accounts but never booked a session with anyone until years after they signed up. The idea of cuddle therapy is still relatively new, and it can take people time to warm up to the concept and life circumstances change so that they no longer need cuddle therapy or it is no longer accessible to them, etc. I treat every client the same whether they have 0 karma, no photos, no bio, or dozens of karma, photos, and a detailed bio. I'm going to do a consultation call over video chat with all of my potential clients, and that gives me a much better read on them than any profile would.

On the flip side if a professional has been a member for years with no karma I find that a little more suspicious but I'm sure there are valid reasons why a professional doesn't have karma. Perhaps they made an account a while back but didn't start logging in a trying to take clients until recently. Either way, prescreening calls are a must for both parties.

• @xandriarain ~ I couldn't tell what was going on in your teeny-tiny thumbnail pic, so I visited your profile and... OMG!! "The Cookie Wookie Woo"?!! Adorable!!! 🥰

Sorry to go off topic ~ But it is a really cute doggo!!

• @CuddleHugs01234 So I recently had a member get banned and their karma did disappear.
    I know because he was my 5th 5 star review, I was so excited and it disappeared! 😭

I don't think it happens when people delete their accounts from the sounds of others experiences.

I agree your experience sounded so sketchy.
    Not at all questioning that, just sharing info about karma. Xxx

• I clicked ohhhh man.

I recently spoke to a member for ages, he had pics and karma.

That mf booked with me, then texted day of to see if he could touch my tiddies.
    He cancelled because I said no.

He sounded chill all while we were talking and had a well filled out account. 😓