Who here loves Eskimo Kisses? πŸ‘ƒπŸ‘ƒ

edited October 2023 in General

Who here loves eskimo kisses? πŸ‘ƒπŸ‘ƒ

Comments

• They are amazing. As well as butterfly kisses.

• I had forgotten how much I liked it until someone did that with me recently. It feels so intimate and wonderful.

• YES YES YES YES!!!! I love Eskimo Kisses!!!

• Eskimo kisses are sweet with the right cuddle friend, but I use them very selectively with people I'm close to and trust boundaries with, as I wouldn't ever want someone to think I'm going in for a kiss and react accordingly.

Also, I feel like this has potential to be a fetish...hopefully that's not the case.

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• I love Hershey chocolate kisses. Will that suffice?

• edited October 2023

I love nuzzling in general, but like @SunsetSnuggles I'm careful about nose-to-nose moves in platonic cuddling in case it gets misconstrued.

I prefer to call them "bunny kisses" because

Teacher hat on:
    Like many racist names applied by white colonizers upon indigenous peoples, the term "Eskimo" is pretty problematic. While some Inuit peoples still use the term, unless you are from one of those cultures it's generally advised to not use it if you want to show respect and call them by what they call themselves.

That said, "Eskimo kisses" do indeed come from a traditional greeting move, called kunik. While I already knew about not using the racist term, I didn't know about it's origin and had to look it up. If anyone is interested: 10 Enlightening Facts About the Inuit

• I Eskimo kiss and head press with my cat every morning.

• Love em, though it usually takes several sessions before I can develop the courage to even bring up that idea.

• I love them but only tend to do them with my dog lol

• Love them but hate the flight to Alaska.

• Hard to say. I haven’t done that in a really long time. I like most forms of intimacy though.

• Amazing when you both have runny noses

• πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

• @cuddlefaery thank you for the reminder/info. Have you seen this video that shows a traditional kunik kiss? Such a sweet gesture. πŸ«‚

https://youtube.com/shorts/NEFw-UIfqVM?si=p-ACtAgR750xwBrQ

• @ShaneSchrute
    The Kunik is ADORABLE!!!
    Thank you and @cuddlefaery for the information.

I had a feeling Eskimo was the wrong term.
    I am all about giving people respect and spreading facts. :)

• I love πŸ’• Eskimo kisses, they’re just the sweetest thing ever πŸ₯°πŸ˜ I give them to my niece all the time ….. as well as my rabbits πŸ‡ 🐰 when they’re in the mood for attention !!!

• I'm not really a cat person. However....

My aunt's Siamese cat, Prisima, would always give the best Eskimo kisses. She would close her eyes tight, push her soft, furry little head into your face, and let out the loudest, most content sounding purrs you've ever heard.

• [Deleted User]DaveJA (deleted user)

I love 'Eskimo kisses' but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable asking for them from a cuddler, pro or otherwise πŸ˜…

• I love em. It’s definitely something I would only do with someone I know that was not concerned I was going to be trying something else, so someone I am very comfortable with. I think they are so sweet though.

• [Deleted User]DaveJA (deleted user)

πŸ’―% @CharlieBear
    Last person I remember doing eskimo kisses with was my mother at least a decade ago. Love her dearly.

• I've never had cuddlers not like them, even during the first session . If it is the first session, I wait until they can tell I'm not trying to push boundaries before asking. But your intentions must be communicated before hand so they know you aren't trying to steal a kiss. They are intimate and sweet, but not sexual. Kinda like a cuddle.

• edited October 2023

Lol! OMG! πŸ˜†

I remember ME, my cousins and siblings doing this we were little kids. Apparently we saw it demonstrated on Sesame Street, I recall?πŸ€”

It had to be on Sesame Street, as my aunt (who was like the designated babysitter for us while Mama worked and she worked a lot😏) wouldn't allow us to watch anything else on PBS. 😏

Not even Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.😌

Lol! Seriously, as soon as she heard the first 2 notes of "It's A Beautiful Day" she will scream out from the kitchen (my aunt spent a lot of time in her kitchen back in the 80s, don't ask me whyπŸ˜„):

"TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF! NO FRED ROGERS! TURN IT OFF! GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!"

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

YEAH BUDDY! Good times, good times...😜πŸ€ͺ😝

So IF we wanted to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, we had to watch it at home with Mama.😊

Lol! Anyway...Back to Eskimo kissing, once we (my siblings and cousins) found out about it that's how we officially greeted and apologized to each other (yeah we were pretty rowdy towards each other as kids, so there was a lot to apologize for back thenπŸ˜‹) for a good long while. Until we eventually got bored of Eskimo kissing, I haven't Eskimo kissed anyone since my childhood. πŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜

Great discussion!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Yes, but limited to my wife and dog :smile: