Second Chances

If you were granted the ability to bring back two of your musical heroes from the after life, who would you choose?
For me, it would not be Luther or Whitney; Michael or Prince, all of whom I loved. I'd bring back Al Jarreau and Natalie Cole. Why? Both of those artists speak directly to my Spirit.

Comments

• John Denver and Sonny Bono

• Sergei Rachmaninoff 🎹🎻🎺

• Jim Croce and Laura Branigan. Both were incredibly talented, and were each cut short far too early in life.

• Barry White and Teddy Pendergrass

• Clifford Brown and Leonard Cohen

• @jubal - those would have been my 3rd and 4th choices. Both were outstanding talents.

• Bowie and…???

• Prince and Sam Cooke

• Kenny Rogers and Karen Carpenter.

• John Bonham, to hear more Zeppelin. Probably Prince

• Eternal youth for Adam Ant and Billy Idol.

• Repping the Metalheads among us:

Lemmy and Dio.

• edited October 2023

Riley Gale (Power Trip) and Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) . There are so many other greats who passed that I admire, many even more so than them , but they were a gift to their genres, fairly young, and were gentle people who cared deeply about those around them. I would have loved for them to get the help they needed for their mental health and substance abuse disorders so that they could still be here today making a difference.

• Prince was spent. Mozart died at 35, he had a lot more left in him.

• Freddie Mercury and Layne Staley

• Neil Peart and Randy Rhoads

• Prince and Chris Cornell.

• Whitney Houston and Chester Bennington from Linkin Park

• edited October 2023

Pete Steele from Type O Negative, and both Vinnie Paul, and Dimebag Darrel from pantera, they were all gone too soon!

• Jim Morrison…&…still thinking

• George Michael end of story!

• @pmvines @Sheena123 I have no clue how I forgot Bennington. He was 🥰🥰😍😍 absolutely amazing.

• @stormydaycuddle he was always so hyper and funny and musically brilliant. When the rapper of Linkin Park put out his solo album after Chester’s passing, it was the saddest thing ever. From what I saw of Chester since listening to him in 1999, he’s been life changing for me 🥹🥹

• edited October 2023

@Sheena123 whats funny is he’s pretty much my favorite artist and I totally forgot. From his soundtrack scores, the band, his song with Ztrip idk if he’s ever done anything I hated.

Not as big of a fan of Mike (can’t spell his last name) but he does a remix of Crawling (Krawling) and a live version of it where he was super 🤩

• @stormydaycuddle lol I won’t lie, I wasn’t a fan of JayZ joining them but that’s just me 😅 I saw them live a couple times and he’s so incredible live. He’s crazy lol I love him 🥹🥹

• edited October 2023

Sorry guys. Hijacking the thread. It’s now a Bennington fan club thread. 😂😂😂😂jk

@Sheena123 you've probably heard this one but 🥰🥰🥰
    “Walking Dead” Chester Bennington and DJ ZTrip
    Taking the link down because I noticed it said, “adult advisory “ but I can’t remember what they say in so… better safe than sorry.

• Lol oh no! Was it a song? It’s not QWERTY, is it??lol 😂😂 @stormydaycuddle

• Jimi Hendrix - he was so young when he died I’d like to hear music he would have written as a 40 or 50 year old.

• Sinead O’ Connor and Pop Smoke

• I’d like to see what Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain would have done musically/creatively had they lived longer. Maybe John Lennon. All three of these musicians died while they still seemed to have something to express.