Tips/ideas for new pros

13»

Comments

• if you are a pro which is debatable read the bloody rules or you will be banned. also too many profiles where people dont respond within a reasonable time period. just my epxerience

• @bondman45 I do agree that the rules are very important and any pro that doesn’t follow them should be dealt with. I’ve also said the pros out there that take over a day to answer could have reasons like a full time job or something like that, but they should put that in their profile. Just a blip at the top that says “I may not be able to respond immediately, but I will answer as soon as I’m able to”. If you create a profile to be a pro cuddler, you have people relying on you to acknowledge their existence and answer. If you take a few days just to answer a message, and you don’t have a warning on your profile you really shouldn’t be a pro.

I hope you weren’t saying being a pro cuddler in general is “debatable”. I know it’s an outside of the box profession but it’s legit ☺️ We just need to work together to help ban people that take advantage of being a pro and solicit themselves in other ways.

• Just plan everything and stay safe… I start off making sure that they send me a picture & their first name and schedule time for a video chat… Doesn’t have to be long P...15 minutes is fine just to see their facial expressions look in their eyes & if you get a creeper vibe, simply say it’s not working for you and good luck.
    I either meet in public or at my home. If it’s a repeat client they are certainly allowed to just come to my home. A new client I meet in a public place like a Starbucks Dunkin McDonald’s… Wherever just somewhere a few minutes away from where live. Make sure I’m not feeling a creep vibe.
    If all goes well they can drive and follow me to my apartment for the Cuddle session agreed-upon.

• edited October 2020

• thats good advise thanks Kai816 xx

• hello, i'm new!

i am interested in becoming a pro-cuddler, but i have some reservations because of safety reasons...
    what are some screening tips to use on potential clients?
    also, is it normal to visit someone's home on the first meetup?
    thank you, and apologies if these are repetitive questions!

• Hi @yoyo18 I'm new here too and just got my first booking. I'll let you know how it goes!

I've been a kindness companion for years and years! I have found the best practice is to ALWAYS TRUST YOUR GUT. The way the world works right now is to deny believing in ourselves, the caregivers. Systemic gaslighting.

If someone feels off, trust your gut. Don't let it progress. Speak up always or just block them. Keep your eye on the horizon- the rising sun so to say. the intention with which you plant your endeavors must always be in alignment with your actions.

If you don't know how to trust your gut, start there. What will help you trust your gut? For many, its self-defense class. I started learning that when I started running, as a toddler. RIP to my first father!! Somatic and hypnotherapy is also great. Kickboxing, diving practice, whitewater kayaking, swimming into the ocean tide, pillow fights.... I'll stop now lol

I found it helpful I could click on the pro contract and cuddle comfort rules, while writing messages and proposing a booking. I've also read about 20 hours worth of the discussion boards here. This specific thread's initial post is very helpful all the way back on page 1.

This site enticed me because of the very low commission fee. I am very wary though because the platform is a gathering place for connection yet does not offer a safety net whatsoever, the pro needs to provide it. If that feels like too much, the other sites which take 40% offer client screenings.

Best of luck, have fun, and let the money find the places within you which needs healing and fund your dreams!!

• to you and me both
  • I recently started this by recommendation of a friend and have really hit my stride! Absolutely love helping others have an abundance mindset with respect to cuddling! I’ve been compiling tips and tricks and am more than happy to share them, give pointers, advice and mentor anyone interested. Feel free to message me! ❤️

• I love this post very detailed thank you for your insight

• This is all really great advice! Thank you so much for taking the time!

• Hi new to cuddling I was wondering if anyone could talk about there first experience and how it went for them

• How do u call or contact when meeting with a client???
    How does everyone get PAID????
    Does the client pay or who and how????

• @GIZZMO6628 head over to the General board and read the helpful advice at the start of the Frequently Asked Questions thread. Several times, it's too much to take in all at once.

Clients most commonly pay the professional in cash at the start of the session. Some people use payment apps. Payment should always be complete before cuddling begins.

Communication must stay on Cuddle Comfort until at least the day before the session. If you want, you may then exchange contact details so that, for example, you can use Whatsapp in case of last minute hitches. Some professionals use specific phone numbers. Never use apps with disappearing messages.

• I’m a new pro and found this tread very helpful. Thanks everyone

• I have really enjoyed this thread. So much great advice and help here. I would really prefer to host in my home. I have a great space for it. However (and maybe I am overthinking things) I worry that if something goes sideways with the client they will know where I live and there are several nights a month when I am at home alone. This just makes me really nervous as far as feeling safe when I am alone. Am I borrowing trouble? Do things like this happen? What are some steps that other pros have taken to ensure your safety when clients know your home address?

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

• @GACuddlebug
    Your concerns are very valid and I'm always pleased to see pros ask questions especially when its regarding their safety.
    It took me a long time to become confident enough in my screening and safety measures before I started accepting clients into my home.

I have cameras for safety and birdwatching 🤷‍♀️, I live on the top floor with my immediate neighbor also having exterior cameras. I only take in repeat clients who have who have shown that they can be trusted I do consider new ones but these require an in person meet at a public spot, but only after they have passed my other screening. Following up with pros who have left them karma if there is any. Don't take karma at it's word.

I have voice activated assistants around my apartment to notify someone verbally if I need to.

Now with all this said don't leave them alone in your space even those on their best platonic behavior can be thieves or nosey. Hide any medications or mail with your full name/ information.

Hope this helps! 🤗