Fun comments in my inbox

Comments

• A @bobadevotee truth bomb:

Women are the backbone. Most men would leave this site if it was a male only cuddle space.

• Addition: states are now implementing their own standards and laws for identity security so add that to the mix.

• @bobadevotee, it's constant. I get similar from Cuddlist, though. I think men see someone that does not look 30+ and assume I'm younger and can be pushed around? I've been blatantly told that because I am heavier I must be desperate so I should want to do anything that pleases them so they leave a good review. 🤣 What kind of backwards pageantry is that?! I was cyber bullied for 6 years of my life when I partied ways from my party friends and went a more alcohol-free lifestyle. There is literally nothing anyone can say to me or do that will sway me from my moral and ethical compass. It's all been said and done before.

@sunnysideup, it started with him asking if I "would be open in letting me cuddle and caress your barefeet along with regular cuddling?" 🤔 That was a massive yikes on trikes for me, but I hate the idea of dismissing a client that just isn't the best at expressing themselves. I work with a lot of non-verbal people or those that have issues finding the proper wording. So, I asked for clarification. If I'm going to report an user, I want the mods to have information that truly shows someone's impropriety. He gave a reply skirting the issue. I then directly asked if he becomes aroused by feet. He said yes but that he feels it's all innocent unless tongue is used. I referenced the DSM-5 and explained that is not what the platform is for - to please find a sexual partner through a platform designed for fetish. I sent him the site terms and conditions and he did the whole, "Sorry if I offended you," thing. 🙄 At that point, I was just annoyed because I hear this at least three times a week. 🤦‍♀️ When I did not respond, he persisted by telling me that if I understand psychology then I should understand that erections happen. He's not wrong. I hit him with, "There is a very distinct difference between joining a session with the intention of becoming aroused and having a session cause accidental arousal." He got MAD at that. Went off for message after message. It was sad.

• @JustPlaneCuddle

"I've been blatantly told that because I am heavier I must be desperate so I should want to do anything that pleases them so they leave a good review."

That's horrible, I'm sorry to hear you had to experience that!

I've heard that in dating contexts, there are people, particularly men, who target or get with overweight women or what have you, then hide them. By hide them I mean they'd avoid going out and being seen with them or introducing them to family and friends, etc. Also, I've recently read some atrocious comments left by men about how they target single mothers or recent divorcees to use them. They were calling them disgusting things and saying "you just sweet talk them and they think they are getting love, though they are just... getting used." "Getting used" is me putting it mildly. It was both heartbreaking and disgusting to read, and know that such people exist. That's why it's really important that we work on our self esteem, take our time and not accept any less than we deserve. There's no way in h3ll that I'll accept such treatment from anyone just to have someone beside me, ew.

🤣 What kind of backwards pageantry is that?!

I think it's the kind that they are trying to find excuses for why they have such disgusting behavior and lead such a low quality life.

Hugs! 🫂

• I’m not an advocate for the release of privacy information as I think it poses a risk to the user and inhibits a companies ability to grow its user base in an open-accessible way.

But since we’re on the topic, let’s say it was something the developers were open to implementing. Despite all the “experts” crying lawsuit, there’s quite literally an explosion of 3rd party companies purporting themselves as 3rd party verifiers located in external jurisdictions that aren’t even bound sometimes by our legal system and are unfortunately being outsourced into taking up all our privacy data as part of their shadow companies’ verification process. Not surprisingly, as a result, providing sensitive data in today’s digital environment has become a norm through KYC laws enabling a host of new apps to collect personally identifiable information. Not just ID’s but birth certificates, socials, passport information...etc. Amazon, UberEats, Fiverr, almost every crypto company, several gig apps, some phone-based apps, several, once anonymous, cash apps, several AI based apps among the popular ones to name a few…and it doesn’t stop there. Many of these companies began like CC, not requiring such types of info and then through updates to their TOS, scam security and gov’t incentives, and a sudden merger with 3rd party identity verifiers, now they do. UberEats for example began rolling out its verification system not too long ago, through a 3rd party company to compile the front & back IDs or passports of its users who order food when providing their debit card, depending on the kind of card used.

Someone asked how could they possibly verify it. 3rd party identifiers understand honesty and fear dynamics especially in 1st world countries. The majority of people uploading their info are honest everyday people who’ll upload their honest IDs to a system that’s not so honest. There’s only a small percentage who will actually upload a fake one or be able to create a fake one in the first place without fear of repercussion. These companies are aware of that and so compiling users information becomes a numbers game. In addition, they verify using a database that’s been opened up to them through other entities enabling 3rd party companies touting privacy verification as their selling point to cross reference the information provided. Sometimes the 3rd party verifier is simply compiling ID info for the identity system at large a.k.a, a subsidiary of a larger identity verifier. Lawsuits of the average user is not even a talking point. Why? Because there’s no way to prove a data breach on a site you have no clue about, let alone prove they were the ones responsible for your identity information being stolen and not some other company you gave your information to. @CSnMUS87 did you sue the website that got hacked when your ID info was stolen? Even banks that experience the most data breaches and actively send out letters letting users know about it, don’t experience the cascade of lawsuits you would have expected them to because embedded in their TOS is legal jargon essentially indemnifying them, that users often sign off on, unbeknownst to them, in using their service anyway.

These companies have been compiling user privacy data for so long now that it’s now a race not to get one’s paper identifiers anymore but ones biometric data instead. Past that, ones dna data which, unfortunately, was just compiled recently. Privacy is being so trampled on throughout, a company like CC could roll out a requirement for IDs tomorrow and suffer little to no legal push-back, except a drop in its user-base.

That said, I don’t think any of the companies above deserve anyone’s private information and I’m not a fan of it when it comes to safety because as others mentioned it puts individual users at risk. I think there’s other ways to make a site safe without compromising people’s right to privacy.

• The death of the private self.

• edited October 2023

The experts do think that. His company literally sells the info of everyone here. They have the biggest database in the US. But the “experts “ on CC always know better. That’s the company’s whole infrastructure is to do it legally.
    The competition they out sold this year was Oracle’s marketing division but CC “experts” always know better.
    @CSnMUS87 How much was your lawyers hourly for that lawsuit?

Pulling random theories out of thin air won’t help the website when they do run into legal trouble and with CCs budget …

The company my PLPs company was going to buy got in trouble from the DOJ for having info illegally on seniors. Wanna know where they are now? They were a mom and pop vitamin company.

Even so it’s never going to happen so theories don’t matter anyway.
    The research there was dazzling.

• The death of the private self.

I agree with that statement

• @txtom dead long ago. Truth.

• It’s not theories, this is current trends in our “expert” data sensitive world. Dazzling or not. How can you be so sure the website will run into legal trouble if they’re doing something within their rights to do? That itself is a theory made on a hypothetical scenario that has yet to exist. What does exist are plenty companies taking down user info on the whole.

And if theories don’t matter, saying something will never happen makes no sense because no one knows the future. Companies change their minds all the time, as do laws surrounding the collection of credit card information, which is by the way, another sensitive form of identifying information that’s currently collected using a third party software as well by the site, not ironically.

• There is long standing precedence. It’s not with their rights to collect drivers license info. That’s the whole point.

• Who says? If a company decides to collect through a 3rd party, drivers license info for security purposes, who says it’s not within their rights to do so?

• edited October 2023

We went over this in my first comment. 3rd parties don’t hold info for the client to browse. The DOJ says so because it’s not within their right.

• I did not sue anyone myself, as in the case of the individual who had my DL copies, I had no idea which breached site he got the information from. The police did not tell me those details when they called me at home. I do know certain sites or online communities that have data on me have been breached before such as Playstation Network (which didn't have my DL on file though), one (or more?) of the three credit bureaus themselves, among others. I did submit claims for a few class action lawsuits that resulted in me gaining about $5.00 for my trouble. I don't know the identity of the individual thief or where he got my info from, but I do know I've been part of breaches and I don't casually leave my DL laying around or let people take pictures or photocopies of it. It could have even been me being stupid when I was less paranoid about these kind of things years ago and having sent it to verify my age somewhere (I don't remember). The legal fees would have been too much for me and I'm just interested in stopping the offending action, not seeking compensation. I did not lose any money, and they were not successful in getting any of those credit cards nor car in my name. I'm just saying I would avoid using my ID/DL on things that are not a necessity or if a person just glancing at it without taking any pictures/copies isn't enough.

To me it's a matter of weighing if it's worth the risk. Submitting it to a cuddling database or an individual who I'm meeting for the first time having a saved copy of it, is not worth it to me. I am just happy that the people I have met from here all had positive interactions and did not ask for copies of such sensitive information of mine.

• That link is to a company who was sued for overstating their cyber security capability and committing fraud. That has nothing to do with whether a company has the right to collect user data for security purposes through a 3rd party verifier.

And we did not go over anything related to this in any first comment. No one said 3rd parties hold data for clients to browse. We’re discussing whether companies have the right to collect data through a 3rd party at all, which for security purposes, any app can implement.

• I did not sue anyone myself, as in the case of the individual who had my DL copies, I had no idea which breached site he got the information from.

Case in point.

• You were talking about CC not being in trouble. That was the response to that. This has become so convoluted that there are a lot of moving parts to break down.

• So exactly what are we discussing ? Because 3rd parties being cuddlers certainly have no right. 3rd party collection companies don’t hold that type of data for people so how does it help CC with cuddler security ?

• This is beyond convoluted. I’ve gotta go to dinner. Later guys.

• I didn’t say cc not being in trouble. I said that it’s a hypothetical scenario that if we’re talking about theories isn’t relevant. As it relates to their rights, they can easily implement this as a security measure just as many apps are doing today.

That wirecutter article as well, is just going into detail as to how user data will be kept private AFTER it’s retrieved. Again, nothing to stop a site from collecting the information itself because they can if they chose to implement such a thing.

• So exactly what are we discussing ?

I’m going to use your typical response instead since emojis seem to be more effective.

🤦🏽‍♀️

J/k, we’re talking about whether an app has the right to collect user data through a 3rd party, as a form of security. Which there’s nothing in the “DOJ” preventing this. Lol

• Idk about anyone else but I was just talking about my own personal feelings towards my data being collected. Didn't mean for it to turn into a debate about theories. I just stated some facts about what happened to illustrate why I feel this way.
    Making something as secure as possible will be expensive and even then nothing is 100% secure.

• edited October 2023

The DOJ is the Department of Justice. 😂 It’s beyond cost prohibitive for CC to legally collect the data. So from this I'm getting the point of this argument is to have something to argue with me about and that yes the DOJ has regulations and they uphold the other agencies as well. If CC could do it in some way that was answered in the 1st comment. If it would cost them more than they have… also answered. So again… ???

And I’m making my roommate drive. Sigh.

• edited October 2023

Regarding the DOJ, I found it funny you’d mention them as being the reason an app wouldn’t be allowed to collect user privacy data through a 3rd party. Considering they’ve been the ones providing the incentives.

I'm getting the point of this argument is to have something to argue with me about

I think you had responded to my comment first as “dazzling research.” Followed by a couple dazzling links of your own.

• The fact that you’re making random stuff up. And the New York Times? etc. I provided examples. Im done trying to explain it to you it’s not worth it. Seriously, work it out.

• the fact that you think it’s random and used random links to boot. You’ve explained nothing. You can work it out yourself.

And seriously, don’t tag me anymore. I’m blocking you. And if you tag me I’m going to contact all the mods in the CC world if you try to get around it.

• What in the shenanigans is going on around here?