Anyone else having fun with A.I. image generation?

It was just recently integrated into ChatGPT.

Here's an apocalyptic scene with rats:

Comments

• AI in general and chat gpt in general is the bane of my existence. As a professor of rhetoric and composition, so many students try to use it in so many disappointing ways, and as a writer, production companies and publishers are salivating to cut creatives out of the loop and not have to pay us

• @natickben - Students always found a way to plagiarize. If you suspect it, ask them questions about their paper. If they wrote it themselves, they should know what they wrote.

• That one is really good @Mike403 . Sorry, @natickben I can see that. Mike has been practicing for a few days and that's an impressive leap. I do see what you mean and I'm not advocating for it except that it helped me find ways to make my specific OCD and ADHD symptoms work together better in a way that no one's ever mentioned. Like kinda a personalized guide.
    I am nervous about the writers being cut out.

• @Mike403 are you using the paid version ?

• edited November 2023

@mistic233

Yes. The free version is extremely limited and doesn't have image generation capabilities. It also hallucinates (makes up inaccurate facts) more often than the paid version.

• edited November 2023

I hate to say this , because I would consider myself a creative person but just like the internal combustion car killed the horse and the buggy this AI thing is bound to create havoc for artist

• Ooooo! Tell me more @natickben ! Jk, I want to write my own college papers.... But I can def see the lure 😉

• The paid version can also analyze any photo. I'm playing Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and took a picture of the quest screen and asked about it just to see what it would say. It broke it down and gave me hints on what to try. It's crazy.

• @mistic233 but the automobile created a lot of jobs engineers design artists corporate office jobs drivers salespeople racing rescue vehicles military

• edited November 2023

@Mike403 Oh cool I didn’t know they did that with Chat. I’ve been using MidJourney. A lot. :)

Dr. Suess Machine in real life.

A being made of pure light.

A gummy bear in space.

A Mushroom world.

Evil castle with a river running through it.

• ...and let us don't forget our mandatory auto insurance industry! hmmm i wonder if there is some kind of AI insurance thingy? 🤔

• If you haven't tried https://ideogram.ai/t/trending, I'd encourage you to. It's only been out for a month or two and it making its mark because of how well it does text within images - it's not perfect but is accurate most of the time.

• CuddleComfort mods will be like:

• I've been using Takibi the campfire girl for cuddles

• Sorry, I realize my comment came across like pooping in @Mike403’e punchbowl. I didn’t mean it that way.

Yes, there are many ways to confront students, and many detection tools. It just makes me an enforcer instead of an instructor.

@stormydaycuddle for sure: there are tons of accessibility applications for AI, and I’m glad it helps you.

• @natickben I’m in graphic design and use AI as a jumping off point and it helps me cover some aspects of design that are outside my area of expertise.

But I do feel bad for professors and uncreative students using AI in the most boring unoriginal ways. It’s still pretty obvious when it’s being used poorly.

• Holy AI Batman @ShaneSchrute ! Ai generated that?

• @RedFox16 Yes! With the right prompts; plus MidJourney lets you upload your own drawings to start with to help guide it along. It still doesn’t give you exactly what you want all the time. It takes some getting used to.

• edited November 2023

Here are more MidJourney Images I’ve. It gives you 4 different images in response to your prompts and imputed images. So some of them here have those four versions. Then you can pick which one (or ones) you want another version of. You can also pick just one part to re-do, zoom out, pan in any direction, make a high res version. It’s pretty great.

An underground world of light

Drinking abstract expressionism

Sacred Geometry in space

Psychedelic jungle river

Glow Mushroom

Klimt Stained Glass.

I take requests if you’re curious about an idea you have. :)

• Somebody should turn this into an actual chess board:

• Dragons on the sun.

• edited November 2023

I wanted to see if I could describe a Cheshire. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass are big for me. This was hard but I got it which begs the question are the picture composites unique enough or is my ability to describe that good? Then again I teach descriptive writing so…

Also it was late I was on my phone and I couldn’t get it to download.

• The new $1 bill:

• Abraham Lincoln had an imposter:

• I had to argue with it for a bit to get it to create a Final Fantasy 7 themed image due to copyright restrictions. I told it that these characters can represent anyone. Just because somebody has pointy hair and a large sword doesn't mean he's automatically infringing on Cloud Strife.

• I keep getting people with either deformed hands or 6 fingers and it’s so frustrating because everything else looks really cool.

• @CharlieBear - Mine just keeps adding extra letters to words.

• An old friend told me that his wife keeps threatening to throw his Nintendo Switch in the cat's litterbox... so I sent him this picture:

• @CharlieBear fingers, hand, arms, feet, legs are the toughest things for AI to make. MidJourney does an amazing job; but it still gives me these almost perfect photo real people with a third arm.