Difficult decisions and other rants

So back in 2016 I had a girl break up with me and it was a very rough time. I cried myself to sleep that night and said I want to cuddle. So I typed in I want a cuddle and I stumbled onto cuddle comfort. Signed up and had my first session in December of 2016.

I enjoyed my first session so much I requested another and they deleted their account. So in 2017 I had some wonderful cuddles with a few pros mostly on this site. So fast forward to 2018, I started dating someone I met working at an amusement park.

I made a cuddle session with someone on the site and we only used our numbers to communicate before a session bc I couldn't access the site at work.

My wife sees this person's message and says "he's no longer in need of your services" after our session.

So needless to say she didn't talk to me again for a long time after that. So fast forward to 2023 and after some poor choices, my wife and I were separated but now we're back together.

I was talking to a pro who said she would love to meet my wife and I and now out of nowhere I've been ghosted. So I tried making a session with another pro and the morning of she cancels.. so I was getting ready to message her after 24 hours and now I've been blocked and I feel like crap.

We've tried other sites in the past that are non platonic, we'll just leave it at that and no one would talk to us... So I thought, why not get a cuddle buddy on cuddle comfort. I do understand that it is fully platonic so I'm not looking for anything questionable to get that out of the way...

Like I have a stepdaughter but since her grandma (my wife's mom) passed away, she wants nothing to do with us. So what's wrong with having a paid cuddler to hangout with us, cuddle, bowl, eat out, watch TV, etc ?

Apparently I'm either coming off as a creep or something but I'm starting to feel like I've overextended my welcome. I really don't want to delete my account because I don't want to miss out.

Like why can't we have a companion to help me with my mental health, and my wife, or just to share a meal and maybe watch some old Pittsburgh Pirates games on YouTube and cuddle on the couch?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• How are you wording these messages to the pros? It's seems to me we need more details as this pattern is consistent with multiple pros.

I've never had issues cuddling couples in the past, however, there is tact that is important to have when speaking to another professional cuddler about you and your partners cuddle needs.

• @MissAdventurous I looked at her profile and asked about her pets, asked about a shirt and what it says and asked how she would feel about having lunch with my wife and I sometime. And she answered all of my questions and said I'd love to have lunch with you and your wife...

So after I sent a few more messages, they went unanswered and she recently told me she had COVID and her Internet was out and so asked her about December 7th and she was on her profile 16 hours ago and never replied...

• @scottdc297 People dip out all the time. I would word carefully what y’all are looking for, and try multiple and go from there. If it’s platonic and you are clear about that, you’ll find one. Don’t take a few back outs as full rejection. Try again.

• Well, she's not obligated to reply automatically.

I suggest to not assume about someone you haven't even met in person yet as to why they didn't respond quickly, patience is important in all areas of communication.

• I’m not a fan of ‘last online’ judgement. Sometimes pros get online because it’s still open it their browser so it refreshes and says they’re online when they actually aren’t. They were looking up directions to a pizza place, or their next class or ER. Examples. So expecting a message back because a pro has been online since you sent the message might not actually be reasonable. My phone sometimes stays on CC because I close out my browser super fast and not the site. I’m in a hurry, I swipe up to close browser and the next thing I see when I open my browser is CC. So let’s call these false positives that can happen to anyone and know it might be unrealistic to track a pros time.

• @stormydaycuddle hmmm sent message at 200 pm and I see you posted this at 204 so you had 3 minutes to respond to me before you posted this… just joking lol 😂

But on a more serious note, I’ve noticed that if someone’s interested in you, they will respond to you or contact you, otherwise, if they’re not interested, you will more than likely not hear back from them.

The most important thing to remember is to never force anything communication should flow naturally, and never be forced. Nobody likes to feel pressured in giving a response even though it’s something that we might want we just have to remember it’s not always about us

• @stormydaycuddle is 100% on-point. I show as recently online constantly because this site is my homepage. I am also frequently on the message board for a few minutes here and there on my phone, but sitting down on my laptop to blast out PM responses is a whole different universe, especially with my feelings of overwhelm.

Getting back to the original post, @scottdc297, I hope things are working out with your relationship, currently. It honestly sounds like you and your wife are looking for a friend, not a Pro cuddler. However, if a Pro sounds easier, there are certainly Pro's who offer companionship packages that include dinner, movies, outings, etc.

Be careful you don't inadvertently choose someone offering something non-platonic, and be careful with how addicted you may become to this companionship, as all hours are charged.

You may also find that rent a friend sites are even closer to what you're looking for, and that those providers are more open to your requests, than cuddle Pro's.

And of course, you could always try to build a friendship with a cuddle enthusiast, like myself.

Best of luck!

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited November 2023

I've been blocked and I feel like crap.

It sucks to be blocked. We all know that.

However...

Here's the dirty little secret about blocking: it is almost never about the blockee (i.e. you, in this case). It is almost always about the blocker.

To put it another way, people who are blocked usually interpret it as some kind of rejection. But, in reality, it almost never is. (And when it is a rejection, it's almost always perfectly obvious.) People block for a bewildering variety of reasons, as we've discovered when we've had threads about it.

I second the comments about 'last online' being unhelpful. It doesn't even mean the person actually properly looked at CC, and even if they did it could have been for some oddly specific reason. It certainly does not mean that they could have messaged you and chose not to, or anything like.

Separately, your story of unsuccessful attempts to make bookings with professionals is a familiar one. You are not the first to experience this kind of thing. You may find these threads helpful:

• Sorry to be the one to say this OP but if you’re having the same thing happen multiple times then it may very well be you . Might be how you’re coming across , or due to your expectations of why you’re wanting to hire them.

• @scottdc297 - I concur 100% with @CuddleDuncan on the issue of being blocked. I recently attempted to view the profile of someone who had commented on a thread I had started and found they had blocked me.

This was a person I
    1) had never messaged before
    2) had never tagged in a post before
    3) had never even viewed their profile before

I can only assume at some point in the past 2+ years I posted some comment on some thread that they disagreed with. Needless to say, I didn’t take it personal, I actually laughed out loud 😂

I am sure it would feel much more personal if I were to be blocked by someone I was trying to book a session with but I would encourage you to read the links CuddleDuncan posted.

• edited November 2023

I was just blocked 5 minutes ago for saying hello to someone and that rhey seem like a cool human hahaha 😂. Man oh man if I took that crap seriously or personally I’d be having the blahs for literally no worthwhile reason.whatsoever 😂

• edited November 2023

Maybe they were not that comfortable with the social situation. Were you clear how your wife and pro fit in the cuddle, and what the expectations were? Are there details about it on your summary for transparency? There's nothing wrong with it - just seeing how clearly it was communicated and how transparent did it appear.

• edited November 2023

@scottdc297 ~ I'd just like to add to the mix of replies, that this is a chaotic time of year (for a lot of people) and, assuming she has a life outside of Cc, there are any number of random reasons it may show her as having been active...
    ° To cancel with someone else
    ° Was a blip while closing all her browser tabs
    ° To get the details for someone she's meeting up with
    ° To reread all your messages back and forth and then sit on her reply until after the holiday
    ° To check in on some alert setting she has
    ° To change something in her profile
    ° To block someone who is blowing up her inbox with 'new message' alerts
    ° Etc...
    Really, there are sooooo many reasons one could be popping in and not replying.

All that said, my personal recommendations would be to take a breath and to take things slow. In your last post it sounds like you have a lot of hopes and potential roles for this petson to fill in your lives. I'd say talk to your wife. Figure out the most important piece for you both, and proceed from there. If the other things grow from that, wonderful. If not, hopefully it was still a wonderful meetup and you two can continue your search for someone else.