How long it took to meet your first cuddler?

Comments

• I must have huggy bear DNA too. Cats are evil. Hug a bear 🐻
    Maybe the secret to getting replies lies in the profile photo. Create a persona of mystery and intrigue. Hope the end result isn’t a complete let down 🫣

• @NickWk Slow your roll, I love cats 😂

• 2.5 months or so??
    To be fair though, I'm not at all a typical being or site user. Nor am I the type most come on here looking for. I'm old, overly squishy, and I don't have a pic of myself up. Couple all that with a profile that's waaaaay too long and full of TMI (I was told recently it reads as if I'm batsh*t crazy 🤪), as well as expressing a mix of attitude, sass and complete rediculousness in the forums from the jump (plus my being hella picky about who I'll consider spending my time on/with), I'm not at all surprised it took as long as it did.
    In fact, if it weren't for the generosity of a close friend (who paid for my round-trip tickets to go meet my first person), it would have been much, much, much longer, I'm sure!!

• @quixotic_life sounds like a great friend to have paid for you like that

• @pmvines ~ Right?!! There are so many reasons I love her to bits and this is one ~ She's a beautiful being inside and out, and I've always felt so fortunate to have crossed paths with her (32 years ago now!!) and that she's more 'family' to me than some of my actual family members are.

• I think it was 2-3 months, I was really nervous and I remember reading so many profiles I lost count. I focused on a close by Pro and must have read hers many times and finally got up the nerve to contact her and she agreed to meet at a local ice cream bar and we chatted over ice cream and she agreed to a cuddle. And we had a great cuddle and after about 15 minutes I was so relaxed with her.

• Mine wasn’t too long, but I did start off like some other newbies and wanted to cuddle immediately, which doesn’t work out. I then had conversations, and then got some scheduled. It takes some time, and effort.

• When I first signed up here as a pro in February 2018, I think I had my 1st client session within 2 - 3 days.

• [Deleted User]01001000P (deleted user)

Had first pro cuddle today. Still yet to have a non pro cuddle.

• We met within the first 3 days of actively messaging. By the second time we met face to face was public cuddling in our local ice cream shop.

• It took a month to meet someone and chat. That didn't go anywhere. It took another 6 months to meet some that didn't go anywhere because I followed some stupid advice. A year later I reached out to her and we met up to cuddle. Then about 4 months later I met up with my second cuddler.

• @BooksAndCuddles what was the stupid advice?

• I had sessions every day starting 3rd day after signing up. I was honestly shocked and overwhelmed and postponed the first session till the 3rd day so that I could talk to another Pro for advice. It remained like that for at least the first 8 -9 months. Then as more women in my area joined the site, it evened out.

• edited December 2023

Well, it's going to be my first year here on CC...So, it wasn't long before Wheels (he was my first cuddle buddy) reached out to me, maybe within the first month he messaged me and we chatted here and then we exchanged numbers. We talked and texted a bit on the phone, we planned a dinner date here in Gainesville (he drove all the way from South Carolina) to meet and greet and have dinner with me. Then we had a mini cuddle in his handicap van before going our separate ways, Wheels is confined to a wheelchair hence the name "Wheels". 😁

We planned out another cuddle date here in my house, and we cuddled on my sofa, watching a couple of movies and enjoying each other's company. He was a sweetheart, that Wheels!😁

We only ACTUALLY cuddled that one time, seeing as he found himself a girlfriend (that is what told me) which I am happy for him. 😊
    I wished him the best and that was the end us cuddling together. I haven't spoken much to him since either.😊

• quixotic_life, 50 is not old. I'm 80 and enjoy cuddles very much. A pro reached out me within a month and I had a session with her and she made me a believer. I have had one virtual session and another live session since. I am looking for another session with my first.

• I met my first pro within a few days of joining.

• I didn't decide if I was ready to dive in for the first two months. I just read the message board, asked questions, and talked a ton about it all with my boyfriend.

When I felt comfortable, I started with group cuddles, and non-cuddle coffee meet-ups, and that week, I began having individual cuddles, as well. I still have cuddles with people from that first week, every single time I visit town. 🤩

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

• @TravisMorris you are a very young 80, and word on the street is you’re a wonderful Cuddler!
    I hope you get to have another session soon!🤗

• It took me quite some time to meet my first cuddler. It says I joined in Jan 2021, but didn't actually start responding to messages until May 2022 and still I cancelled tons of requests because I kept getting cold feet then had my first cuddle in about August 2022 and still was kind of nervous so my second cuddle was until about December 2022 and from there I have been cuddling more frequently and super happy to have met such wonderful people 😊

• edited January 4

@Suzyq123456 You should only do what’s comfortable for you, and it’s certainly reasonable to be nervous…. I get that…. But waiting 16 months to even respond to someone, and 19 months to even have your first cuddle, and cancelling tons of requests as you put it doesn’t seem very professional to me.

And not only is it it bad manners to the client community, but it also doesn’t reflect well on other pros here in general.

I’m curious does CC even interview new pros on the phone and/or even ask if you’re even COMFORTABLE doing this? What’s the vetting process for CC to be a pro?

• @WestsideMarc I wonder what percentage of pros start as a pro from day 1? As an current euthausist, I'm sure there's a small possibility that I could go pro years from now.

• @quixotic_life your profile is perfect! It does not sound ridiculous nor is it full of TMI. I believe it clearly conveys your likes, dislikes and boundaries in an entertaining manner. In fact I picked up a few pointers that I'm going to use when I rewrite mine 🙂

• @SeriousSnuggler ~ Thank you 😊 and welcome to CC!! 🤗

• My mom was my first cuddler if I remember correctly coming out of the amniotic pool.

• @WestsideMarc I actually wasn't a pro at the time. I had never cuddled before at the time, but I had previously been on a dating site and someone suggested cuddling with me. As an outsider I thought the suggestion was unusual and even felt it was rude because you normally meet people in public on a dating site, but I googled cuddle buddy and found this site. I only googled to give him the information and joined out of curiosity. I had a lot of guys messaging me offering to pay when I was a enthusiast honestly and didn't even say yes. I only responded to one of them with a greeting and my profile was flagged and told me I needed to be a pro in order to be paid ( note - I never asked anyone for money) so it just gave me something to press and agree on and I when I went back to my profile later that day; I was labeled a pro.
    @WestsideMarc as an enthusiast I never accepted every proposal and as a pro I certainly don't accept every proposal as well. I do exactly what I am comfortable with. I prefer quality over quantity. Each to their own. Each enthusiast/pro has a vetting process where they don't accept every proposal and have a right to cancel when feeling uncomfortable. Every professional is different and every enthusiast is different.

• @Fanta73 most professional cuddlers arrive at this site intending to be professionals. Many others make that decision within a matter of days of arriving.

The number of people who have been here for a while and then switch from professional to enthusiast is few. It does happen, but rarely. There is no particular obstacle, it just doesn't happen much.

@WestsideMarc I don't know what the vetting process is but it does not involve a phone call. You can run the first part of the process yourself to see what happens, but obviously don't pursue it unless you mean it. The management have reported that a large number of applications are rejected.

Part of the underlying ethos of the site is that it treats everybody as a responsible adult, in the same way that Twitter or LinkedIn or frankly almost every other website does. It's just that the deficiences in that system are more obvious here.

• @CuddleDuncan thanks for your response.