Please don't waste pro-cuddlers time by sending single messages that just say Hi, or How are you?

13»

Comments

• I appreciated how you were polite, but also communicated directly and openly.

• edited March 2

@starrynitecuds This. 💯 Thank you!

• I work for a utility company. I’m in management now but I was a field technician for years. People walk up and say hello to me all the time. When I’m out working, people will often walk up to me, say hello, thank me for what I do and offer me water. I’ve been out in the streets working and have had little old ladies walk up to me and ask me to carry their groceries in for them. What do I do when that happens? Do I go on social media and rant, no, I show the community love, I say hello back, I accept the water, say thank you and I help those little old ladies with their groceries. Ya’ll need to get over yourselves.

• When perusing profiles, I will sometimes send a brief message (4 or 5 sentences) if the profile piques my interest--either something they wrote or something in their photos.

About half the time I don't get a response, and that's okay. About a quarter of the time I'll get a simple "thanks" back. But the remainder of the time I'll actually receive a thoughtful reponse, and on rare occasion, a brief conversation ensues.

After originally reading Kallista's post back in early January, I briefly considered discontinuing sending messages, but then decided against that. I enjoy getting random messages from other CC Users, so maybe they do, too.

About a month later, after having just sent one of my messages, I paused for a moment and thought, wow, something about this profile seems familiar.

And then it struck me.

I had just bothered poor Kallista with one of my messages.

Coincidence? I don't know. Perhaps after revisiting this thread I absent-mindedly clicked on her profile, saw something interesting, and just... forgot.

But, whatever. I'm not sorry.

• How much of your time is actually wasted if you simply don't respond?

• @dungeondrummer good question! I have had guys remark to me that they've clicked on a Pro's profile and gotten a HI message within minutes from her, but then never heard back from the pro after he sent a nice response.

• At the risk of encouraging additional messages, I just want to say that shortly after I posted my above comments, Kallista reached out to me. She was polite and very cordial.

• Hi. How are you 😊

• I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a hi how are you message as an opening as long as you have the intention of actually booking a session

• I enjoy getting to know people here, especially those who frequent the Forums. I’m fine with getting messages from those who may not book a session (because of distance,etc)
    And we just share some opinions/ideas/clarity. It has helped me to broaden my way of thinking and understanding people from younger generations than myself. I also have no problem politely saying not interested if it’s not a match.
    But there have been a very few who take a really ugly approach in their messages and I might have something to say to them that they don’t want to hear lol. 😱 Oh yeah, and then there are the ones who say such absurd things that it just makes me laugh. I can always use a good laugh, so thanks for that.