Share Your Self Care Protocols

2»

Comments

• edited January 17

@Nature_Lover_ i with you on the nails thing. Mani / Pedi is awesome time especially as an add on to a cuddle day. Here’s a few CC members enjoying doing just that recently! 🤗💛

• My number one self-care protocol is probably cuddling. It is very nurturing and grounding for me.

• @CelestialTouch thats such a sweet idea and outlook!
    @OhioMike Love it!!!

• I think that mani-pedi is best in a James Bond themed Italian restaurant. That's why I'm opening the Moneypenny Manicotti Mani-Pedi.

• It's simple but my favorite part of the week

I run a hot bubble bath, exploit, and lotions up with some lavender lotion. Get in the bed with my favorite snacks and watch my shows or read a book. ☺️

• @Cuddle_meRobin What do you mean by "exploit?" Also, I love your pompadour. :)

• New kid on the block, hi everyone:)

I often start the day with yoga. But I get my biggest relaxation by exploring nature: either hiking, biking , or paddling through it. Once done, a hot shower and a good read.
    WHat I don't do: (equally as important) minimize social media, little TV, less and less news. I don't sweat the small stuff.

• For me acupuncture (gives me the best sleep and calmness for several days) and exercise at home

• Sauna & beach is life

• @Cuddle_meRobin You had me at lavender 💖
    Sounds like the perfect way to unwind and treat yourself.

• @lesmis33 I had to think about it a little, but I think exploit was supposed to be exfoliate?

• After a swim at the gym (or any exercise routine), I like to go the jacuzzi, then cold shower and sit upside down on a pool lounge chair (kinda 'legs up the wall').

• @achetocuddle oh that makes sense! A nice exfoliating bath sure is a grand time, isn't it? Thank you for your help as always! :)

• Video games with a good drink. My go-to is Vitamin Water.

Or gym. The best self care combo is if I can gym and sauna, or gym and massage chair

Or nails. Having good nails just makes me feel more put together.

• Really enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

I'm one of those types that are so into helping others around them, my self care can be left on the back burner. 😬😬

Finally took a break this week, well needed.

Deactivated on here and turned off phone. Read a whole novel in the woods and took advantage of the wood burning sauna by the lake. 💯

Thanks for inspiring me everyone. ☺️

• Bubble bath with cedar and lavender oil. Candle light and soft music.
    Infra-red sauna.
    Hot tub under the stars.
    A few hours at the beach.
    One perfect Old Fashioned at a favorite restaurant.
    Writing in a coffee shop.
    Meditation, tai chi, and stretching.
    Gardening.
    Staying offline for weeks at a time: no news, no social media, no CC, nada.

• @Sideon oh I have been meaning to try infra-red saunas. How were your experiences with them? If you don't mind me asking of course. :)

• Always balancing the things I need to do with the things I want to do.

• @lesmis33 - cedarwood sauna... The scent alone is comforting. Add in the infrared, which silently heats you and not the air around you, and you have a warm invisible hug. The panels get warm but not uncomfortable, you can lean against them. There are no big fluctuations of temperature. But a traditional sauna with heater and hot stones is also heavenly. That instant blast of heat from adding a cup of water to the stones is fantastic.

• Not entirely sure this is the right place, but I feel it fits here... kinda.

I recently discovered retinal for skin care! I suffer from caustic acne due to my incredibly oily skin and it has been doing wonders. It is even getting rid of some of my acne scars I've had since I was in my pubescent years. I highly suggest it!

• I've been leaning in to embodied/somatic movement practices, especially since having COVID in November I haven't fully recovered my strength and stamina.
    Facial and scalp oil massages.
    Choosing a perfume or scented oil to match or enhance my mood and wearing it just for me.
    Lingering over a hot tea and a book.
    Doing nail art and glue ons to keep from picking my natural nails.
    Having girls' night with my meta - pizza, cocktails, chick flicks, and our boyfriend banished for a few hours 😂

• edited January 25

Well, I take Ashwaganda gummies or St. John's Wort capsules 💊 for stress management "internally".😊
    I exercise at least 3 to 4 days a week (with whatever dvd I choose to pop in, walking with Leslie Sassoon, Denise Austin (she is so peppy with her cheery yet husky sounding voice. Lol! 😄I love Denise!🤩) or Jane Fonda (yep, she's still doing exercises well on into her 60s😊) 🚶‍♀️🚶. Sometimes its yoga 🧘‍♀️with Cathy Smith or Sarah Ivanhoe , Sweating To The Oldies with Richard Simmons, Latin dancing dvd 💃 or Walk N Punch with George Foreman and YES for added flair I do wear actual boxing gloves while working out to that particular dvd🥊😁🥊) and I will ALWAYS manage to schedule a spa day monthly or bimonthly (IF bills are becoming more hectic then usual during said month😉). Spa Days usually involve massages 💆‍♀️, saunas and/or various body treatments to a possible choice of a "Spa Package Deal) that's going during said month.😊

I live for my Spa Days!💆‍♀️💆💆‍♂️

And lighting scented candles🕯are a MUST in my house, especially after cleaning it up. 😁