Do you get the amount of hugs they say we need a day?

2Β»

Comments

• @Hollydollhugs Good news! Cat cuddles do count! From the research I've looked through pet cuddles also increase oxytocin and reduce cortisol in the same way person on person cuddles do.

• Very seldom. This weekend I did. Yet very seldom.

• @KPSM oh yay!!! That is good to know. πŸ€—

• @pmvines
    I love your hand towel comment. Keeping it real πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€—
    plus it seems that logging in what you’re not getting could just make it feel worse.

• @carrieanne it's the only way I know how to be ! So glad that you get me πŸ€—

• @TxTom I second the chewable gummy hugs. Somebody science that and get back to us.

• No hugs here as well. Maybe 3 - 6 a year at best (other than when I go on vacations - I cruise with a lot of the same folks about twice a year).

• I almost never get any hugs.

Why? Combination of cultural upbringing (stoic Brit), shyness, not wanting to initiate things for fear of causing offence. Social isolation - used to have huggy friends but hardly ever see them for various reasons.

At least I have kitty snuggles (looks at cat asleep on my lap)

• edited January 22

No, not even close. I give my mom/ dad siblings usually rather quick hugs when I see them, which is not every day. and I give my bestie a quick side hug when we hang out. Or other friends I see less often, I do hug alot. but most of them are quick.

My cat used to cuddle with me, it would wrap it's arm around my neck and need it's head into my mine, he was the most precious cat ever. but he went missing after I returned from a trip to visit my grandfather in the hospital one year it was so sad!

I had a bestie who used to cuddle with me alot, but he was also my sister's boyfriend and they broke up and it ended really badly so we are no longer friends.

If I am meeting up with someone for sexual or romantic reasons (rare for me lately) we may cuddle for a bit.

I haven't met anyone on here yet. very few people near me here. at least the I would be comfortable cuddling with from viewing their profiles.

• @RedFox16 They are the cutest!!!! πŸ₯Ί 😊

• Yes... from my pillow. Though, I don't typically hug it in the daytime for some reason. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜…

• I get zero per day . Who would want to ? :)

• I'm lucky if I get one or two per week. Even with my free hugs T-shirt on, lol.
    Although, I did try a new design of said shirt and in the dimly lit restaurant someone
    thought it said free drugs...so perhaps a new font is in order, hahaha

• [Deleted User]cozycuddles208 (deleted user)

I only get hugs from my daughters but I don’t get to see them every day, and so taking those hug-less days into account I still probably average 14 hugs a week πŸ€—

• I have a female friend who insists that we hug when we meet and hug when we part. It seems silly to me but I don't like to disappoint her.

• If you need way more hugs, teach kindergarten. You will receive dozens of unsolicited hugs every single day.

• edited February 1

@Originalirish I ran across a guy with a free hugs shirt on outside a stadium as people were leaving a few years ago.
    I snagged a free hug that day, and wasn't the only one.
    Maybe a busier venue would help.