Haters gonna hate, though I'll rise above it all 😊

edited January 20 in General

Morning y'all! 🌻

So I was looking to network with other musician/singer songwriters and I found one in his 20s elsewhere who made a post looking for the same. Or so I thought... I complimented his singing and said maybe we'll be a good fit. To which he responded by messaging me.

Then I sent him a sample of mine like he requested. I doubt he even listened to a minute of it and right away he just hated on it. PS: He also blocked me soon after hating on it. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I wasn't expecting it, especially not from another artist. At that this early and who I was nice to, which is something I strive to be anyway. Even he had some room for improvement, though I liked his voice and saw he had potential.

Though life has already dealt me much bigger battles. So I'm not about to have this stop my drive and power, because say it with me... ##"IT'S ABOUT DRIVE, IT'S ABOUT POWER!"

I'll use the experience as inspiration for a new song and know that in due time someway, somehow I'll make it! I hope my sharing this with you helps you rise above the hate and struggles that might come your way. You're strong and beautiful in your own right, even if nobody else can see that or wants to. So I hope this weekend and the many after it you get to take moments to really practice self love. 🤗

Comments

• 💖💖💖

I’m sorry he was so critical to you! There are some shows I sing at where people hate how I sing but for the most part, people enjoy themselves. Some do have the audacity to come up and give me unsolicited criticism, and it hurts, but I just ignore them. They just aren’t happy with their lives and want to bring someone down to their level 🤷🏻‍♀️

• @Lovelight That’s very inspirational. Thanks for sharing. 💕

• Let the eternal words of Randy Savage echo into the ethers ...

• Some people can only make themselves feel better by standing on top of others.

• @Lovelight My apologies for your experiences! My understanding of artsy people is that they are quirky so they usually are either really nice or they just do not know how to properly talk to other humans ..

If you are creating music, that’s already amazing

• Another musician you met on this website? Yeah, not surprised you had that experience 😬

• @Lovelight Reading how callous he treated you makes me cringe like I'm smelling expired food.
    He's a shady jerk. It's suspicious that he blocked you after you sent a sample. Keep an eye out for your music being used not by you.

• @coquette - He blocked her so she couldn't respond back to him... like a true coward.

• @Mike403 Is there a reason you tagged me?

• @coquette - uh.. because I was responding to your comment?

• People don't have to like everything. Not that big of a deal.

• @Sheena123 Thank you! He was quite immature about it, so it's whatever and if he keeps up that attitude I don't suppose it'll really serve him well in life. So hopefully he grows out of it, because I think he has some growing to do.

By the way, that's cool, I didn't know you sang! Also yeah, some people wouldn't like it and that's okay. Though being rude about it isn't, so sorry you too have to or had to deal with that. :)

@Minestrone101 Thanks! :)

@bobadevotee No... it was on another platform.

@coquette Lol... that's... a great way to put it. I don't think he'll do that, though thank you, I'll be careful with it.

I seem to be having technical difficulties with trying to write respond to others. So I'll try to respond to whoever else if I can fix it on my side or it's the site glitching and if it gets fixed.

• @Mike403 Your comment summarizes what has happened, shares your assumption as to why it happened, and finishes with you condemning the behavior.

None of that correlates to me or my comment of support and theory for assailant's behavior.

So, once again, what is your reason for or intention by tagging me?

• @coquette - I answered your question. I'm not sure why you're going on about this.

• edited January 22

@Mike403 I don't see @coquette asking a question in that comment * which you initially responded to *, so maybe you misread her* comment.

Sorry I thought your username was like that of a male. Just checked your profile. 😅

• @lovelight -

I responded to this statement:

It's suspicious that he blocked you after you sent a sample.

• @mike403 I see, thank you for your input.

I'm not sure where the conversation is going left, though I hope you and @coquette wouldn't have an issue over it.

• @Lovelight - I just said that he blocked you so you couldn't respond back to him after hating on your music... Saying your music is bad without offering any constructive input then immediately blocking you sounds like the work of a troll.

• @Mike403 Alright.

@Bear , and @sunnysideup sorry I skipped your comments. Yeah, that's true some people think putting others down is okay or the way to reach their goals. -_-

"My understanding of artsy people is that they are quirky so they usually are either really nice or they just do not know how to properly talk to other humans ..

If you are creating music, that’s already amazing" Interesting, that might be it. There are bad apples everywhere unfortunately.

@wilderdude "People don't have to like everything. Not that big of a deal."

I didn't say they've to and I don't think it's for you to decide for me or others whether or not our experiences with rude people is a big deal or not. So I don't appreciate your dismissive comment.

I don't care if some don't like my music or whatever, and I know that to think that everyone does or will like it would be obnoxious. Though it's just as equally, if not more obnoxious for someone to go out of their way to be rude or mean to others. That's not okay.

• There are definitely bad apples in every bunch.

I have a friend who can be arrogant at times. It was weird. He looked at me once and said, don’t you realize the reason they put people down is to make themselves feel better. It was like the core of his person speaking out.

I’ll never forget that as well as what I learned from it

• @Bear Oh wow... I've seen similar myself and it can be unsettling. I personally try to stay away or have minimal contact with such rude people if I can help it.

• Nobody is born an expert at any skill. It takes lot of practice. Telling somebody that they are terrible without any constructive feedback may discourage them for pursuing their passion any further.

• Nobody is born an expert at any skill. It takes lot of practice

I would think it would take but one time to be an expert on dying. It is an art one does not perfect through repetition.

• @Lovelight omg what platform? I’m genuinely shocked. If it’s something like IG, they’re risking getting horrible PR for this type of behavior if they ever do it to someone who would post about it after

• @Lovelight Your optimism, good energy, and level-headedness is so apparent. I'm not a Swifty but I can appreciate the humor in your title.

@Mike403 My bottomline- I did not appreciate you tagging me. It was unnecessary and rude.

There was no reason for you to single me out when stating your own opinion.

I offered an opinion, just like others on this thread.

• @coquette - I'm confused. How is that rude? I was responding to a comment you made. That's what tagging is for.

• Is it rude to tag somebody when directly addressing their comment? Somebody enlighten me.

• @Mike403 I think if you offer an opinion on a quote it is best practice to leave the person untagged because the focus is 100% on the quote rather than the quote’s author. A tag invites the possibility of the perception that it might be a personal attack whether that was your intention or not. Just my two cents.

• @BoomerSpooner - I was unaware she was quoting anyone. She didn't use quotations or cite the author.

• @Mike403 Well it wasn’t a quote but were you commenting
    on a phrase in her post and you tagged her. It upset her because the intention was not clear and was asking you to clarify your intentions for tagging her. I am saying that if you don’t tag people and focus on the content she most likely wouldn’t be upset.