Just curious

I have given up on dating sites and was telling someone recently that I would just like someone to hold me/cuddle with. She said "yes, there's an app for that". I have gone for massages to get some human touch but I thought I would check it out.

I am looking for honest feedback. Have you had successes? What type of issues can happen? Just curious and looking for honest feedback

Comments

• edited March 16

My advice:
    1) always be ready
    2) expect the unexpected
    3) stay platonic not thirsty
    4) don’t cancel
    5) don’t ghost
    6) don’t use the term female

• why #6??

• ...every once in a great while you may receive a message from a man interested in non platonic activities ..just ignore and move on.

• But seriously good luck to you and don't mind the two of us. Better responses will follow shortly im sure :)

• I am pretty jaded after attempting a dating site again recently - two requests for hook ups and deleted my profile.

• I am pretty jaded after attempting a dating site again recently - two requests for hook ups and deleted my profile.

Be prepared for more of the same according to testimonials on the forums.

• edited March 16

@cuddle1959 i would refer you to this thread: How do even cuddle on here and the trying to help females thread (cuddle request forum for that one) for more info on #6

• OMGOSH!!! You two. 😂😂😂

@cuddle1959 WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! What a fabulous smile you have.

As a fellow woman enthusiast I am here to tell you there are a lot of fabulous connections to be made here. Don't mind these two that love to be silly AND sarcastic! AND please report anyone who is trying to hook up or reach out to you with sexual intentions. The moderators are amazing and will take care of those idiots QUICKLY!!!

I have given up on dating sites and was telling someone recently that I would just like someone to hold me/cuddle with. She said "yes, there's an app for that". I have gone for massages to get some human touch but I thought I would check it out.

I would just like someone to hold me/cuddle with.

I can totally relate to this feeling and there are a lot of people on the site who have a similar mindset. There are a TON of people who are using the site for different reasons but there is beauty out there.

In fact I was just chatting with one of my beautiful friends who lives in your neck of the woods!! @JoyfulHeart and I met 3 years ago and he is the perfect example of someone who is here for the right reasons. In fact, he loves this Community so much he has THIS on his profile...

Having received so much healing from this community, I'm looking for ways to give back. If you are unsure about the whole cuddling thing, we can meet over coffee with no cuddle pressure, and I will offer my human presence and acceptance. Please note that I am only interested in platonic connections, as described in this website's terms and conditions.

Talk about a diamond among the riff raff. 😊😊😊

I am looking for honest feedback. Have you had successes? What type of issues can happen? Just curious and looking for honest feedback

AS A WOMAN...... My honest feedback..... I LOVE the option that this cuddle world brings. Its been an incredible journey for me.

FIRST - Take time to read the forums. There is SO MUCH insight to be gleaned from all of the material presented. I didn't post for a full year and just read through everything. You can get a TON of info and see the patterns emerge.

SECOND - message some people so you can see what bubbles up for you internally. Use the advice from the sticky threads about scammers and such.

THIRD - meet a few people who are reccommended by others as safe and NOT boundary pushers.

FOURTH - Give yourself permission to change and grow, change your mind, etc etc etc because if you're anything like me and other women of a certain age... We have to reprogram our brains just a little bit.

There's a few other beautiful souls out that way that I would go have a chat with like @cudbud64

I would ABSOLUTELY try and find a facilitated cuddle party in the area so you can get some insight into what's going on boundary-wise etc.

I would probably even hire @Mela_B for a few professional sessions. To chat through things, get some healthy touch, and fill up your cup just like a massage therapist but with a different twist.

CONGRATULATIONS on being brave enough to try something kind of non-traditional and out of the box.

• Thank you @sillysassy . This is brand new to me. Cuddle party?! who knew. I have much to learn lol

• edited March 16

Awwwww @cuddle1959 you are very welcome. I remember being a newbie and there were some VERY BIG CHANGES for me. Then the pandemic that shall not be mentioned. It was a time of extraordinary growth. Some of it was more painful than others.

Here's a great resource. Her website gives a TON of great information and that cuddle party offered a tiny little "non-touch" workshop in the beginning. It was the first time in my life I gave myself permission to listen to what I did and didn't want. It has been transformative for ALL of the areas of my life, not just cuddling.

https://www.kassandrabrown.org/

So excited for you to be starting your journey here in this beautiful community. And as always.... "May the Cuddle Gods be EVER in your favor!!!"

Sending hugs and positive vibes out to you from snowy Colorado.

• @sillysassy I tried to message you but got the message that you are not accepting new messages. Feel free to reach out to me with anything that might help me understand/connect. ((hugs))

• Welcome, @cuddle1959. You may find this thread helpful:

Yes, on this site you absolutely can find the touch that you need. However, it will take a certain amount of effort to get through the process of learning how to get the best out of this place.

• @sillysassy You have me blushing over here!

• @cuddle1959 It can be wonderful. Just go with your gut on the messaging. If you think they are trying to get in non-platonic activity, they probably are. As an enthusiast, you can reach out to those you’d like to cuddle. Don’t be shy in sending the first message. Don’t take no answer or ghosting personally. I have found some gems as cuddlers this way when I was an enthusiast. Feel free to message me. I was an enthusiast for about ten months, just switched over to pro. Welcome to the site, and happy cuddling!!! :)

• I have gone for massages to get some human touch but I thought I would check it out.

Welcome, @cuddle1959 . Yes, while massages are great, cuddling is much more fulfilling for that deeper, human connection. I signed up after my divorce and I have had really wonderful experiences here, and I am sure you will, too.

Of course, as with any social media, take proper precautions, but I think you're overall experience will be very rewarding.

Feel free to DM me anytime.

• @sillysassy awww you’re too sweet ! @cuddle1959 would love to connect if you’re up for it 🤗

• Welcome to the site!

I know you just joined and haven’t filled in your profile yet, so I would definitely recommend you take some time and construct a detailed, thoughtful profile articulating exactly what you are and are not looking for. Maybe look at other profiles for content, ideas and inspiration.

Good luck.
    :)

• @cuddle1959
    Welcome to the site. I hope you find some great connections like I have.

• [Deleted User]CalistaCuddle (deleted user)

This thread warms my heart ❤️. I was a former enthusiast (not a professional) cuddler who stopped cuddling after a time of deep grief. You have gotten golden advice above. My favourite was #3 where your first cuddle is with someone who is highly rated and recommended as someone who doesn’t push boundaries. You are worthy of good cuddles. Don’t let the few non-platonic cuddlers (or attempted) scare you away. Before I left I had three regular cuddle buddies and 2-3 other lovely occasional cuddle buddies both men and women with whom I felt safe and cared for.

• Great thread! best of luck ! be patient and have strict protocol before cuddling (e.g. - text, call/video, maybe ID, meet in public, maybe public cuddle before private cuddle, give info to close ones before leaving, etc ). I think with time you can find folks you can trust .

• edited March 18

Welcome aboard👋, I can totally relate about the annoyance of dating apps as I have been there myself. 🙄 I recently deleted ALL of my dating app accounts for various reasons, like @JoyfulHeart has mentioned on his profile:
    I too am here on CC for platonic cuddling and NOTHING ELSE beyond that.😊

Yes expect the same entitled, horny-toad morons who ALSO believes that "cuddling equates to sex" baloney to occur here as well as on dating apps...Sorry forewarning you!😌

However if and when you encounter such slimy individuals🤢, just report them and The Moderators will take care of such unwanted individuals with the banning swiftness!😁👍

Honestly, I do like that^^ most about Cuddle Comfort they will look into complaints and actually handle it...Of course that has been from MY OWN experience (with complaints on my end), not everyone else's. Right now, it's just the soothing sounds of tumbleweeds in my inbox:

Lol!😁 And I'm good with that, good luck to you!😁👍

• @lonelytauros Lol!😆 I believe many of us are, however SOME OF US knows how to keep one's horniness in check especially when encountering random stranger's inboxes.👍

Thank you for keeping YOURS in check the one time that you message me in my inbox, Tauros... Much appreciate that!😁

"WHO'S A GOOD TAUROS?!"

"WHO'S A GOOD TAUROS?!"

😄😁

• @Katota Such cute kitties. :) Love that GIF!

• They already deactivated 😓 I feel sad about that.

• Considering she stated she deleted a profile on a dating site after two hook up requests, im not surprised. I wonder what her inbox here looked like when she deactivated.

• Well, she didn’t delete it. She could reactivate at any time by logging in. Multiple people deactivate on here quite regularly. Some delete quite regularly and then are back before the thirty day grace period of total deletion. I’m thinking of two on the forum that are currently doing this. I’ve had messages with them, so it shows in my messages. :)

• @CuddleHugs01234 Thanks, it is too cute!😄

Oh? OP deactivated already...😶