In a relationship?

[Deleted User]The_Balded_One (deleted user)

I have been seeing more and more girls saying they are in a relationship. If you’re in a relationship, why are you on a cuddling site? Why not cuddle your SO? I’m sure it’s the other way around as well.

Why do people do it?

Comments

• Some couples are okay with it because it is platonic cuddling and they dont see it as a threat to their relationship, some have open relationships and others are filling voids. Either way, its your choice if you want to see someone or not, so if that bothers you, then seek others.:)

• I agree with what @brandi said. Until you ask someone, you don't know what their situation is or why they are here. I'm married, but my spouse is unable to be physically intimate due to his health (even hugs hurt), so this is our compromise. I stay happy mentally and we stay a family with our kids.

• I've had many clients see me who are in relationships or married and their partner isn't really into cuddling so they seek out pros and sites for mutually enjoyed cuddles.

• I've cuddled one married guy who is in a poly relationship where everyone is aware. I also have connections with a few married guys whose wives no longer wish to have a physical relationship with them, but they have kids and these men are going to hang in there because of the kids.

• [Deleted User]overstuffed (deleted user)

Speaking only for my own situation, my wife is mentally/emotionally disabled due to an life debilitating illness many years ago. She in incapable of the giving and receiving of such support, encouragement, and closeness that cuddling provides. That's why I have sought a cuddle partner (to no avail, thus far, but I am hopeful).

• OMG blueIris!!! You had me at Running fingers through hair. LoL !!!!! I haven't had that done to me in ages!!!! Too bad I'm all the way in NJ. Be well hun.

• @Velasco. Sent you a message. :)

• I’m in a relationship but separated so I sleep alone and don’t get cuddles often . He also likes to be cuddled but it’s not very reciprocal . It’s like why we make new friends even though we already have friends . More connections , more comfort and support in your life . It’s how I look at it

• I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. He didn't even put up a fight for me to pursue this because we trust each other fully.

• [Deleted User]titanic1517 (deleted user)

I'm pretty much in the same situation as people on here who are saying their significant other doesn't want to cuddle. I'm married but me and my wife have drifted apart a lot and she hates physical contact. It's tough and I feel guilty at times being on here but I need the physical contact and she's the one who suggested I look into this.

• edited January 2018

@titanic1517 If it was your wife's suggestion, I hope you can get past any guilt and just enjoy the cuddles! Touch is a genuine need (for some more than others) and it can be - and is intended to be here - entirely platonic and non-romantic.

It was a surprise to me at first, but affection/cuddles doesn't need to be linked to anything romantic or sexual.

(As in, I was worried that it might be difficult to separate, but it's been perfectly OK).

• I am also in relationship.

• @saraturley Could you tell us why you're on here instead of getting all your cuddles from your significant other?

• @tallteddy That seems to me to be a pretty personal question, and I would have added 'lf you feel comfortable doing so', if I had wanted to ask the question at all.
    <3 Jim

• @talleddy.... That's is an extremely personal question and not one which I would ask on a forum. I don't even ask that of my cuddle partners. I'll provide a safe, caring place for them to open up about it but I think asking is a no-no.

• @scarlette and @I_am_polylover It's pretty much the same question as the topic starter asked. @saraturley came in to a conversation about why people in a relationship are on here and only said she was in a relationship. I thought that asking the same question again might spark some answers, and I didn't think I was overstepping any boundaries since I'm trying to get her to answer to the topic of the thread.

• @talleddy. I interpreted the initial thread to be more of a generalized question. Open for to people to respond or not respond at will. Or open for people for people to just add their experiences with others that may have been in that situation. I just, personally, would call one particular person out.

• @Scarlette, I assume you meant: "... would not call.."

• Is there a thread on cuddling couples ? ( platonic )

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

I get most of my cuddle needs met by my partner, but it would be nice to have a friend or two to cuddle when they are away.

• My partner has always had full knowledge that I was a person who enjoyed cuddle parties, cuddle friendships, and seeing professional cuddlers. I met her at a cuddle party, and if we aren’t doing anything else, we’re probably cuddling, but I also cuddle regularly with other people.

You are asking why people who have a romantic partner would be seeking out new partners for a platonic activity. Like asking, if you are in a relationship, why are you looking for a rock climbing buddy? Why don’t you just climb with your romantic partner, and only your romantic partner?

From a polyamorous persective, the interesting thing to me is that people signing up for the standard monogamous relationship package are probably signing away their right to cuddle with other people platonically, maybe without even stopping to consider it. If you’re going to try to meet 100% of each other’s sex and love needs, potentially for the rest of your lives (or die trying), I would think that’s enough work and compromise, but then there is more exclusivity: touch, affection, intimacy. Yes, it takes trust, communication, and the ability to have conversations about feelings like jealousy to be more permissive in a relationship, but honestly I think you are going to need those skills eventually anyway even in monogamy.

• I just broke up with my bf but was on this site because my bf just would not give any emotional/mental support or love. He could go months without have any physical contact then place the fault on his exhaustion for years. I came on here for platonic hugs I knew I needed

• edited January 2018

This is actually the third time I've seen a thread on this topic, so I'm going to repost what I said before:

"I don’t really feel it’s my place to judge someone else in this regard. How they handle their romantic relationships is entirely their own business and I am not there to date them, I am there to cuddle with them or otherwise spend time with them as a platonic companion, nothing more.

The kind of cuddling you receive from someone on this site is supposed to be something they would do with someone who is just a friend, so even if I were to judge someone else, it would seem... awfully controlling to say they can’t have close friends or even just non-sexual close contact with another human being since they’re in a relationship.

:| I think people try too hard to insist that your partner be everything to you all the time. Being the only emotional support for someone—especially if the relationship is long distance, or their partner is on the road, or got drafted, or is just unavailable for some reason—is exhausting and a lot of pressure. So... personally I feel that the bigger the support group everyone has, the better. I would never want to put restrictions on that.

But again... their romance really isn’t my business. They are more than welcome to talk to me about it, if they want to."

• That is spot on @Lorelei ... platonic cuddling is certainly "something they would do with someone who is just a friend".

• Perfectly said @frankparker9 - thank you!! <3

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

@Lorelei @respectful And I have some friends I value whom I would never venture to cuddle. I think sometimes that you can know somebody too well. Maybe that’s why I live alone.

• I feel like its my duty to offer cuddles because people need it now more than ever before and as long as everyone stays clothed it's not much different than getting your hair washed and cut at a salon.
    I've been a cashier for 13 years. This is a much better customer service job and its nice to be treated nicely for once.
    My husband understands where i come from and why i want to do it. I believe in therapeutic touch. It's helped me so much. I would have hired a cuddler when i was 18 if i could have. Lonliness is the new plague.

• @Greybeard Oh, well, I've had friends like that too, lol.

• @kuddlykara I don't think it's a new plague, but I do think our society has gotten much more honest about it.