In a relationship?

2»

Comments

• Some may just do it for the $.

• [Deleted User]mundus1520 (deleted user)

Single for 2 1/2 yrs. :l

• You say that like it's a bad thing..

• It is for some, and not so much for others. People each have their own needs and wants.

• edited April 2018

I'm in a polyamorous relationship. If I were to cuddle with someone else, my SO or SOs would know about it and be ok with it. I have 1 SO right now and she lives across the country, so I don't have much contact otherwise.

• Some people just don't like cuddles so yeah.

• Oh wow, so much life advice in that video besides your point Jason. Lol

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I am married (not legally but me and my significant other consider each other to be married). In my opinion, it is just casual cuddling, snuggling, and hugging. There is nothing wrong with it. My husband doesn't see anything wrong with it either. But everyone had a different definition of what it means to cuddle. This is just mine.

• [Deleted User]LikesHugs (deleted user)

This question is so strange to me. My husband has no issues with me cuddling with other people. That is something that we view as a friend activity, so it's not that different from other hobbies. We also play board games together. However, I still like to play board games with other people sometimes. Variety is nice.

As long as it's not something you are hiding from your SO, I don't see the issue.

• [Deleted User]Cudddddles (deleted user)
    edited May 2018

For me: While I do love cuddling with my partner, cuddling the same person/body all the time becomes 'monotonous' and 'mind-numbing'... I thrive on cuddling other people (and their varying body-frames / personalities / dynamics / energies, etc).

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

TBO,
    Because. Sometimes you need a cuddle. But not always. As harsh or piggish as it sounds, sometimes I want a cuddle without all the relational baggage that exists in my relationship with my wife (whom I love dearly).
    Daniel

• [Deleted User]galowglass (deleted user)

@cuddlebugTM,
    "Is there a thread on cuddling couples ? ( platonic )"

Good idea! Start one! (grin)
    Daniel

• [Deleted User]BigHugsCA (deleted user)

My wife is mentally disabled and incapable of physical/emotional connection (she has the mentality of an 8 year old). This has been the case for 10 years. I am "physical touch deprived" (which includes providing it for another). That's all I've got to say about that.

• @cuddlebugTM If you start one I would be very interested in contributing.

I am a married, poly (ethically Non-Monogamous) woman. Even if I wasn't poly, platonic cuddles are not threatening. I cuddle my partner plenty. He's currently searching for a new job so around to cuddle a LOT but he used to work 12 hour shifts and that's a long time to be alone. We both love to cuddle and find platonic cuddles emotionally enriching. When we have the option to cuddle people together it's fantastic. Though he is fine with going off to occupy himself while I have one-on-one cuddles, I still prefer people who are comfortable with group cuddles. It gives me that very warm reminiscent feeling of back to sleepovers and hanging out with friends and how we would all lay together to watch movies.

Also you can't just assume that someone who is partnered has the option to cuddle with that person. Not everyone is or should be expected to be cuddly. Whether because of their personality or perhaps some other reason why they don't like or unable to cuddle.