Do you feel sad after your cuddling session is over?

13»

Comments

• Overall, I feel better after a good cuddle and sleep better but sometimes will miss the cuddler if the session went really well............if I could , I would cuddle every night!!!

• Somewhere in this world is the most beautiful person and somewhere in this world is their significant other who is tired of their crap. Keeping a perspective like this will make you miss a cuddle partner less.

• I don't feel sad but I definitely feel like, "How about another snuggle, in let's say, 5 minutes?"

• I think the best duration for a cuddle session is, "five more minutes".
    You only get a hangover, when you stop drinking.

• What's the Guinness record for longest snuggle? Probably held by John and Yoko, right?

• I recently did a 30 hr cuddle with a friend visiting from the west coast. Ok so there were breaks and other things in between lol but it seemed like we cuddled the whole time

• @pmvines that's awesome!!

• @angela10 You wanna come to Birmingham and shoot for 31?

• @littermate Do I hear a 32? 31 and a half?

• Oh who am I kidding, with 3 jobs I am lucky to squeeze in a few hrs before passing out

• edited December 2019

@pmvines that's a tempting invite!

At this point in my life not set up to travel that far nor dedicating that amount of time all at once to a snuggle, but I'd be quite interested in doing an experiment like that at some point and seeing what state I'm in by the end. I notice that my cuddling sessions (remember I'm a neophyte, so not talking a huge sample size here) have an aliveness to them and a cycle and that toward the end of 3 hours, I'm more like a lump of happy snuggly being than a very active cuddler. So I imagine that for me many of those hours would be stillness and being snuggled up versus much activity. It also could be that I should get more sleep than I'm getting!

And thanks. Your enthusiasm and invitation are touching.

• I feel exhilarated after a cuddle session!

• I wish there were more kindness and compassion in the world so people didn't have to pay professionals like me to simply be kind and accepting. The fact that people need to pay for professionals is definitely more a sad indicator for the world and their friends/family than for the individual paying. =( The day when I am no longer needed will be a wondrous day indeed =)

• @ubergigglefritz
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Be the love that you are.
    Thank you 😃

• If I've had a good session with a cuddle buddy I feel rejuvinated more than anything else. I don't feel "sad" afterwards but after a good snuggle it makes me look forward to the next one.

• @ilovestarwars
    When a doctor or nurse is helping you to get better, do you also think that they are only doing it for the money ?
    P.S. Welcome to the site.

• I don't necessarily feel sad, although I sleep better the first night after a cuddle and tend to do more self-care to avoid the oxytocin dump.

I have, however, gotten a pretty severe cold within days of a cuddle multiple times, even if I am my partners haven't previously felt sick. It's so weird. Anyone have any clue why that is? I hardly ever get sick, them BAM! Out for the count!

• @Biblioromantic
    Maybe you didn't catch it off your cuddle partner. Are you like @littermate who afterwards cuddles anyone ( and perhaps anything 😀) within reaching distance ?

• @geoff1000 as long as it doesn't have rabies

• @geoff1000
    I mean, I am kind of a cuddle slut, thus the profile on this site. But unless my dog and pillows count, I don't cuddle anyone else except through the site or one-off cuddle parties, and both of those are pretty rare, imo. No SO, no cuddly family or friends, etc.

• I go through depression when it over 😭

• The best plan is probably to arrange the next session, even if it is months away. Regularity and forecast, is probably more important than frequency and duration. That is why people have Significant Others, or Cuddle Buddies.

Everyone needs a break during a long cuddle session, so life can be thought of as a continuous cuddle session, with "short" breaks of several weeks every now and then. A dalmatian isn't a white dog with small black dots ; it is a black dog, with VERY big white dots.

• [Deleted User]CertifiedGent (deleted user)

Not really. Even during the session I have prearranged dates in mind for the next session. I enjoy traveling out to see them and my city would think cuddling is taboo so driving to see the great outdoors is awesome to. I try to stay in touch with those I cuddled with and it helps keep me excited and motivated.