Beware of Hijacked Profiles

Comments

• edited January 2018

Thanks @Mark, I've added a reference to this thread to the Profiles section now.

(And took the opportunity to add a bit to the Miscellaneous topics and a quote I liked from @Scarlette about Craigslist under Contacting other cuddlers ...)

Feel free to lock it again now.

• edited January 2018

Ok thanks

• How are you guys finding profiles that ripped off yours? I had a client alert me to one, but searching on here is very time consuming. Is there an easy way to search or how are you doing it?

• @PinkLipstick22 - I've had other CC members alert me. I've never found one on my own.

• There has been another profile thief identified! @ArmsWideOpen has pretty much copy and pasted my cuddle menu! Beware of copy cats!

• Sent by me on 01/02/2018 in Pro Forum regarding "PROMOTING CUDDLE SERVICES" - - -

@Scarlette - I visited your profile today and to say I was impressed is an understatement. I feel awkward asking this, but hope that given I am in Cincinnati, far from your location thus no Client overlap yada yada, that I may use some of your profile layout. The Clients have been asking questions upfront, that would have all been answered had I listed some packages, much as you do...but I don't want to take your hard work. My goal is to not copy & paste your profile, but rather keep much of mine, & add some of the packages you list, but with my own personal editing/twist on them? Please PLEASE know I would not be offended in any way if you were to say, heck no, get your own style weirdo ha ha ha ha ;-)

@ArmsWideOpen Thank you so much for approaching me before using my ideas. You are more than welcome to benefit from whatever I have on my profile as long as you make it your own. Coming up with new and inventive cuddle ideas is so fun! Just take an idea, no matter how crazy, and make it into a cuddle! Thank you for the compliments!

Having been off the site for the past 2 weeks, as my mother is dealing with finding a lump in each breast, and the biopsy confirming our worst fears, and anxiously awaiting her March 12th surgery....only to see a message in my email that I have been mentioned negatively in some forums, both public and private, was extremely hurtful. If only to ask for some courtesy of informing others that I had asked permission before adding to my profile? Telling me that I did not do enough to make it "my own" would have been sufficient for me to change it even more, but accusing me of COPY and PASTING is unfair and untrue.

Never is it mentioned in the postings that I asked permission months ago...is unfair representation, in my opinion. Had you simply let me know you believed that it was not edited enough on my end, to "make it my own", then I would have graciously apologized & tweaked it more. Am I wrong to believe my courtesy of asking, warrants a courtesy of not being called out as a Profile Thief on the forums, and a courtesy of informing everyone that I did ask permission? Saying I am an idiot, & did not understand what you meant...now that would be fair, imo, lol. I honestly had no idea that you would have been offended. I truly believed I had made it my own, as I did not use your monthly memberships, I changed so much to make it my own - but of course, could have done more....I just had no idea it was offensive. I sincerely apologize & am working on creating a new profile, & will update it as soon as possible (but it may take awhile, as I have not even come close to catching up to responding to my messages, but promise this will be done). Please allow me to explain there are many of us that are fairly new to the world of cuddling, & offering cuddling services - with that being said, there are some of us, who honestly did not think having similar profiles, or sharing of wording on profiles, would cause any conflict - as long as asked permission, and as long as the story of who we are & why we are here is unique. My take from your response, "to benefit from whatever I have on my profile as long as you make it your own", was that I had permission to use parts of your profile, but not word for word - which is what I attempted - but once again, I am sorry - i really never meant to cause anyone grief, nor hurt anyone's feelings.

• edited March 2018

@Perhaps I should have been more clear with I said "make it your own". That meant use the general idea of offering new, fun cuddles not taking mine and changing a few words in the description.

Here is just one example:

• edited March 2018

Another example:

• edited March 2018

I haven’t been on the boards much lately and the exchange above is a fine example as to why. This could have easily been sorted out with a friendly exchange between the two members rather than being plastered on the boards and names being called out. If it couldn’t be resolved between the two members, then the admin should have been involved at that point. This is a personal issue between two members and it doesn’t belong on the boards.

• I’ve exchanged messages with @ArmsWideOpen in the past and she comes through as a very nice, intelligent, down to earth and caring woman.
    We were not able to get together last time I was near her town but if there in the near future I would definitely love to see her.
    What I’m trying to say is a person like that doesn’t do things with ill intent and I agree that this could’ve been better handled with a simple message rather than a full call out on the boards.

• I'm not saying that she's not a nice person or she did it with malicious intent. I have had my profile taken multiple times and it's getting old. I take my business seriously and I work hard at it, both cuddling and marketing. I encourage other pros to do the same. To reap rewards you need to put in the work not take someone else's. Period

• But she asked you directly if she could use some of your stuff and you said yes, if she made it her own. She thought she did that, when you saw that you didn't agree, you could have addressed her privately instead of calling her out on here. I think that's the point O:-)

• I'm no longer going to be nice about it. Sorry.

• edited March 2018

@Scarlette why didn’t you just contact her privately and give her a shot first?

• I think people are forgetting the topic of this thread. People are here to discuss hijacked profiles. Ummmm.... hello. That's what I did. Sorry, but I'm not apologizing for calling someone out that did it. Get over it

• AFTER she asked your permission, lol. It's like cuddling entrapment, har har ;-) Anyway, just funny. Onwards and upwards :-)

• Always moving onward and upward!!!

• I’m seriously blown away by this one. A member politely asks to borrow your profile, you say yes, then decided it was too much like yours and rather than having a polite conversation with someone who has been polite to you, you call her out and blast her on the forums? You could have easily talked it out and it would have never escalated to this.

• We haven't moved on yet? Sorry not sorry.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

A puzzle! Let me see. People have been stealing from @Scarlette. She doesn't want anything taken verbatim, which is... duh. @ArmsWideOpen asked for permission to use some of Scarlette's profile (but promised to make it all her own). Real life stuff came up, and she didn't edit anywhere near as well as she should have, and Scarlette got mad.

ArmsWideOpen can't be blamed for prioritizing her mother over her promise to Scarlette, and Scarlette definitely can't be blamed for being angry that her cuddle list was all but actually copypasted.

Based on what I know of the two of them, they're both good people. Neither of them has to be a monster or a saint for this to make sense—they can both be in the right, and both have been wronged, because life is like that. [pauses for thought] Humans are like that. A perfect person would have been able to focus on her mother and do a brilliant editing job. A perfect person would have been able to not get angry over a broken promise, and wonder why it was broken, and reach out.

But there aren't any perfect people in the world, so far as I know, and so it's unfair to blame either Scarlette or ArmsWideOpen for not being perfect.

That seems to make sense in my own head. Peer review?

• edited March 2018

I blame it on the boogie.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)
    edited March 2018

@pmvines LOL. Yeah, okay, I'll take that. Your Fault, anyone?

@BlueIris Ha! I like your taste in music.

• I agree with @DarrenWalker anymore musical recommendation @BlueIris?

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

I'm looking at ArmsWideOpen's profile and I'm curious if anyone has paid for a "Spa Day" which is paying for the cuddler's time and for her spa treatment.

• @RScarf1 that was one of the cuddles lifted from my profile. I have done that cuddle a few times, never with a new client. That's one of the cuddles that's mainly geared to an established client that wants to spend more time together outside of the bedroom. I've done 2 couple massages and a mani / pedi.

• @RScarf1 - thank you! Sorry about the negativity on here as some are struggling with some minor problems of similar profiles, but don't let her deter you from the point of this site - to find compassion, empathy, and someone to share time together. You'll actually find several Pro's who list Massages and Spa Days - be creative and never hesitate to ask someone if they'd be interested in joining you for a Spa Day - every one of us deserves such days :-)⛱

• I’ve never paid a cuddler for those kind of things but I do them with my wife. It started out as more just something I would do to spend time with her and make her happy but now I enjoy it. As far as paying a pro cuddler to accompany you on a spa day, sounds like you would be spending a whole lot of money. You would pay for the spa day and the pros time. I would not do something like that with a pro but I can see the benefit for someone who does not have a life partner.

This discussion has been locked.