Beware of Hijacked Profiles

Comments

• Hello, everyone, just a quick thank you for all who stand up for what is right. As "she" says, she has moved on, we got it - understood, so no need to be bothered by any of this further, no need to escalate further with your, “Get over it” and “We haven’t moved on yet? Sorry not sorry” choice of words, which is just putting this site in a far too negative space.

@Morpheus @mellow @ubergigglefritz You are amazing & I am extremely grateful for your opinions & your time. Now, we may not have “moved on” as quickly (lol), but that may be because one hopes that by pointing out a lack of etiquette, might just evoke a response to show a little more humanity, or at least just to be accurate/fair. This is empowerment by a group of peers from all different walks of life & locations, coming together to right something they perceived as wrong. I thank each of you & am so honored to have your comforting words on my behalf.

Thank you for turning something discouraging into something beautiful. ??

• edited March 2018

@ArmsWideOpen several people on this forum dislike me and have blocked me simply because I am a person with an opinion and a strong character. There have also been attempts to have me blackballed. I have been a member of this site since 2013 which is longer than most and despite the actions and opinions of others, I am not going anywhere. I hope you have a long and happy cuddling adventure and enjoy your time on cuddle comfort.

• Not sure how sharing my story about my spa experience was negative. I actually had a great time! It was very positive!

• I guess "Ignorance is bliss" applies here. If it helps shed light on your concerns @Scarlette, it was in reference to your replies to all those who wrote on this forum previously...not regarding your simple response to an inquiry about someone elses services, but I'm fairly sure you were aware of this...smh
    @Morpheus it's sometimes left to those with a voice to drown out those who hide behind ignorance - but my empathy has no bounds, & I shall turn the other cheek. There is strength in knowing we are many.

• Literally LOLing

• Lol I remember a in trade post awhile back about trading cuddles for something else. It would probably never happen but if anyone wants to give me a spa day with them and do my nails I so wouldn't charge for that cause I sure could use it about now. Lol. Js

• Haha Awesome Ashley :-)

• @AshleyCuddles .... I wish you lived closer! I could definitely use a spa day! We could double cuddle our way through Baltimore bartering for spa services. "WILL CUDDLE FOR SPA DAY"!!!

• Lol. I'm so in!

• I've found two profiles so far today who have copied my profile nearly word for word. With the influx of new profiles on here, it's worth checking to see if you've been hijacked.

Happy cuddling!

• Ugh. I don't even know how you would find them :-(

• edited April 2018

I've made the same redactions here as the other screenshot. [Mark]

• I don't know if I'd worry so much about that small of a copy...

• She copied my profile's exact wording and was immediately defensive when I opted to be direct and messaged asking her to change it. It feels pretty violating to have your words copied without request, and we take a lot of care in writing our profiles on here so others can get a peek into who we are and what type of cuddles we like. I took the time to write a profile in the way that I chose, and my words are a reflection on me.

This is why people get degrees in marketing; our words matter.

I understand if you aren't bothered by this, but it bothers me and many other people enough that there are laws in place prohibiting plagiarism. So, to each our own.

• I'm sorry. I generally agree. You just copied way more than she actually copied. It looks like less than ten words in one sentence and then less than 15 words in another. That's all I saw. Small piece of a long profile both of you put together.

• On the other hand, I would definitely be more sensitive to being copied if the person is in the same area as me, as she is to you.

• Note: Sending a direct message and trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt/chance to correct the issue isn't a good course to take. The user noted above has continued to send me rude messages, after blocking me, knowing I can't respond. I sincerely hope none of the people I know on here have the misfortune of meeting Marie617 in person.

@Marie617 , please stop sending me rude messages to which you know I can't respond. I asked this earlier yet you continue to do so. Harassment is not allowed here per the TOS.

• @PinkLipstick22 you need to report her to the admins and let them handle it. Your comment is a personal attack and violates the forum rules.

• Morpheus, I have reported it to the admins but she is continuing to message me, which is harassment and is getting scary. I'm making a polite request to a user to stop sending me attacking messages to which I can't respond. This situation would be much better if this user stopped messaging my inbox with attacks.

If you are able to message her, perhaps you will ask her for me.

• That is a serious bug to the blocking feature that needs to be fixed. If someone blocks you, they should not be able to message you either. @Mark

• Also, I've been bullied or harassed more as an adult than as a child. Today's online world makes things incredibly easy for people trying to do such. I'm really sorry you're going through this. It definitely can be really scary :-(

• @ubergigglefritz , so sorry you've had to deal with that, too. You're right that it's pretty scary.

Also, if you ask the person directly in writing to stop messaging you/contacting you, the courts take that seriously and you have leverage. You MUST do this or it's considered that you consented. Using a computer to bully or harass is actually a felony in current US Federal law.

If people are still harassing you, take steps to document everything and decide if a lawyer letter or court is the right avenue. I know it can make it so scary to leave your house or be home or really be anywhere when you're being bullied or harassed or stalked. To anyone going through this or who has in the past: HUGS!

• edited April 2018

@ubergigglefritz There is no bug. I believe this was simply a case of a non-mutual block. As long as both people block each other, there should be no issue.

• Ok. If that's how you want it to work. I prefer the way blocks work on Facebook. There is no reason that I can think of to permit someone to block another person, yet continue to communicate with them. Is there one I'm not thinking of?

• edited April 2018

The user chose to unblock then send a message and block again. The user in question sent a total of three messages.

In a situation like this, it seems reasonable to block back and forget about it. I believe that has now occurred.

• Please consider making the Block Back button visible/available in all browsers and devices.

Personally, I think requiring petty actions here to protect oneself from a bully is non-productive and fosters hostility. In any case, it would be good to make this situation/requirement known and the option available to all.

Thanks.

• edited April 2018

I find it pretty sad that PL22 felt the need to ‘gossip’ about me on here. I thought this was supposed to be a community that shares the love for cuddling?

I was honestly offended that she came right out accused me of blatantly copying her when in reality I was new when I wrote that paragraph and had looked through multiple pro-profiles to get ideas as to what people were writing and sharing. What I took from my exploring others’ profiles was that people wrote about their interests, their personality, their jobs, what they enjoy during cuddling and their rates. I too happen to enjoy being stroked on my arms and I also love cuddling in positions that allow for maximum surface area. As I’m sure many others do as well.

After receiving her message, I looked back at her profile and noticed that many of my clients that I have built up since I started here have also seen PL22 in the past. I also noticed that my rates were lower than hers. Thinking maybe she was targeting me for some reason related to noticing her past clients had come to me instead, I blocked her as I didn’t feel like arguing back and forth.

Then she decided to take it even further and report me to Mark and threaten legal action. So after messaging with Mark and editing my tiny paragraph I wrote her two more times (as Mark stated a total of three messages) 1. Asked her if she was happy with the changes. 2. Told her to go find something better to do than obsess over my profile. I did not “harass” her. It seems like she’s looking for attention and enjoys negativity.

This all seemed absolutely ridiculous to me as this is a site where people are supposed to encourage cuddling and others learning about the craft itself. Why would someone go to the extent of threatening legal action over a minuscule little paragraph? Even if I had copied it, is that necessary? The paragraph in question is full of preferences about cuddling. It just so happens that we like the same things. Unfortunately it seems we aren’t similar in other ways, as I would never come on the forum and publicly bash a fellow cuddling enthusiast.

I've made some redactions to be on the safe side. The image can stay as it's the evidence that is being referenced as part of the public allegation against your character. [Mark]

• It’s all so childish

• edited April 2018

@Morpheus, I completely agree.

I went to the user above directly and she chose to act in a negative manner. I directly asked that the plagiarism be changed or removed as they are my words and I never gave anyone permission to copy my profile. This has happened before as this thread is evidence of.
    Marie617 chose instead to be rude and then begin harassing me (it was more than 3 messages) through my inbox in a manner to cause fear and intimidation, violating the TOS of this site and being a negative black spot in the very bright community of supportive pro cuddlers on this site. I had to go public here to protect my legal interests and meet the requirement that I state in writing to the pursuer that they cannot contact me any further. This user chose to ignore that request twice.
    Her actions are not only unethical, especially in this industry, but illegal. I had to get Mark to step in so she is blocked from messaging and harassing me further. To reiterate, Marie617, do not contact me further by any means, including the forums.

** NOTE: I don't know where she got information that we have the same clients as that information on my end is not public, but she is either making stuff up and revealing her intentions for taking my content or is hacking/stalking my account here to which I ask Mark and other mods to please step in and block.**

Our pro community here is full of very awesome and supportive people, many with whom I interact on the regular. I guess there are bad apples in every bunch and it's unfortunate that we have one here who chooses to use intimidation and bullying tactics.

I hope everyone can steer clear of any users who choose to act as this one has, and that you all have a wonderful Friday filled with cuddles!

Comment modified to remove private content [reurbo]

• You’ve got to be kidding me with all this legal stuff and claims of harassment. I can see we’ve had the same clients by looking at your karma. And we can all clearly see I never harassed you from the picture I posted of our only correspondence. If you’re claiming there were more than the 3 messages in my picture please do post a picture of them. But you won’t, because that’s all there was (as Mark has already confirmed on my behalf)

Also you can’t tell me I can’t reply to your verbal attacks on my character here on the forum.

Stop trying to make something bigger than it is. I’m sure you have better things to do with your time. You appear to be great at what you do as evidenced by your karma. There’s no need for this.

This discussion has been locked.