Name one thing you (LOVE) about the opposite sex

Comments

• You started this thread in a very positive manner, and people responded very positively, so we are now aware that you are capable of being positive. Just keep that up.
    <3 Jim

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

I think beards look pretty cool! I also like how guys often have larger frames, so I feel quite protected when held by them. However I can also enjoy the same benefits from cuddling with trans women, so then I get the best of both worlds! :P

• The women in my life all have a deep, inner strength, and an ability to maintain a smile and a positive attitude through almost all situations, especially when it involves my current situation. The women in my life are my collective rock. My wife, and all the rest of them, are helping me through my current struggles. As often as I can, I tell them how thankful I am, and how blessed I am, to have each and every one of them following this path with me. They all know my faults and foibles, and they love me unconditionally. I simply treat them like the beautiful human beings that they are.

• Well for me a woman's touch its unlike any other I've felt, its soothing its erotic ,mesmerizing their soft skin next to mine and the smell of their body, I have very strong sense of smell, and I can and Love the sent of a woman.

• I love long beautiful hair on women. My wife is of Latin decent and has the prettiest almost waist long straight black hair OMG

• The things I like most about women are the things which make them different from me, as a man. For example, did you know that men's hair changes texture during puberty, to become more rough and rigid? Women don't undergo that change, and so their hair tends to be softer and silkier. Most of the things I could list here would be physical things, because deep down, I don't think we're really all that different.

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

There are obvious physical aspects but since I am an eternal bachelor, while cuddling is nice, I am quite content with a good conversation with a hug at the end. Friendship to me is higher than romance. My best friends are females and we dont cuddle but we can talk about anything and we do.

• I don't think friendship and romance are exclusive to each other nor do I think you have to choose between the two, as there are a lot of relationships in between, including platonic cuddling. My romantic partner is also my best friend. You can definitely have the best of both worlds. In the past, I have also had friends that is was romantic with. That was a good situation as well.

• A woman's natural scents, it sounds bad but I enjoy it when a woman forgoes deodorant. Like just a light scent maybe I was lucky with my ex but when we did cuddle and I could smell her it was magic. Perfume is nice sometimes too Marc Jacobs. Cassolette not sure if that the spelling but love that smell too hehe

• [Deleted User]mike62 (deleted user)

Soft skin.

• You're not the only one needwarm. I've been requested to not wear any deodorant or anything before. I haven't had any experience with natural scents on others though.

• I'd say her "cuddleability".
    It's euphoric.

• [Deleted User]mundus1520 (deleted user)

How soft and warm they are :)

• Generally speaking, it's their softness of body and manner, and how that can, at times, complement the (not lack thereof) but less of, in the other. But this is fluid and a generalization.

• The question was “Name one thing you (LOVE) about the opposite sex” that’s tough because there are many things to love about femininity certainly not just one.

• @needwarm - Doesn't sound "bad" at all. That's where the pheromones are. It's a two-way street. There have been some guys whose natural scent I've found attractive.

• Please could we make it gender, instead of or in addition to sex, to include trans people? :)

• edited March 2018

If you have a problem with someone else's post -- and that someone else's account is now deleted, by the way -- your only recourse is to start your own post.

• Yes we can’t change the title of the post but we can change the spirit of the post.

• [Deleted User]CabotCoveHugs (deleted user)

Asking to be inclusive isn't necessarily having a problem - just asking for it to be adapted to include transgender people :-) It's also not clear that anyone's account is deleted if you don't look at it, to be fair.

Perhaps continuing this post we can include LGBT+ people by adding things we like about people of the opposite gender and of the gender we're attracted to, if that's not the same thing?? :-)

I like when guys (trans or cis) are good listeners, cuddlers and respectful, even when things get tough.

I like seeing trans guys grow into themselves, even though it can be a really difficult journey. I like how some manage to use their experiences pre-coming out to be more understanding towards women afterwards too - something that cis men generally can't understand to the same degree, as it's not something they've experienced in the same way.

• I agree that this thread should be all inclusive.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Thanks, @CuddleBug1995. Since I'm agender, I felt really weird putting people in mental boxes based on the way their bodies were shaped when they were born ("all women, or men, or intersex people are this, and I love it").

Widening the scope of the original question means I can say, "I love how human humans are. They're all so different, and it's brilliant! Every one of them sees things from a different angle to mine, and they're always doing things, thinking things, feeling things.... I don't understand even the ones I've grown up with half as well as I'd like to, and I know I probably never will (because I want to understand everything, which is ridiculous), but I find this delightful, because it means they're constantly surprising me.

"I love humans. Even the ones who hurt me (and a lot of them do), because they're just so fascinating, how could I not? I love them selfishly, the way you love your favorite theme park ride, or song, or poem, or dessert. I love the ideas they give me and the stories they tell me. I love seeing things from as close as I can get to their points of view.

"I love all humans, everywhere—because you're human, and I love that."

• [Deleted User]navyman35 (deleted user)

Wow we cant even have an opposite sex thread convo without hurting someones feelings, evening before reading this thread i knew someone would be crying about the title

-dont judge me for my opinion-

@navyman35 I'll judge you for your opinion. Can't help it. But will I be judging you negatively, or positively? Good judgment can come down on either side, you know. ;)

• I tend to look at things as what do I love about people . One thing I love is a curious mind . People who truly love to learn about new things , people and places . To be open to new experiences . Those are the people that I really enjoy being with . We have the best conversations rather than circular debates . Especially those that value learning from those with lived experience .

• @navyman35 I am of the opinion that if you can make people more comfortable and welcome without harming others and it's little to no effort then it's worth doing.

I wonder why this is not something you seem to value, and Infact are offended enough to post about how you don't like it.

edited March 2018

@JasonCuddles If he's acting as my dad would act, then at least part of what he's doing is virtue signalling.

"I disapprove of all this unbiblical nonsense about people not being created male and female. I am an upright, righteous man who accepts God's Law—much better than those pusillanimous whiners who complain about reality. I am in the virtuous group! Behold my light, shining in the darkness!"

Then he adds a bit about how people shouldn't think badly of him, which my dad wouldn't do (being too confident in his own rightness to care what sinners may think), but navyman35's still young.

In any case, making people feel comfortable and welcome probably isn't what he's after. I know that's not what my dad's after. See, reality is reality. What's so is so, no matter what anyone thinks about it. My dad thinks he's got reality figured out. There are only two sexes, only two genders, and gender and sex always match. God said so, so that's how it is. And if he's right about this, then yes, it is foolish to pretend you're agender, downright silly to feel uncomfortable participating in a discussion that assumes there are only two sexes, etc.

Within the church (the one I grew up in, at least), it's standard to see people like—well, like me—as whining idiots whose feelings are always hurt whenever they happen to run up against simple truths. Even saying something like "Hey, could we please add thus-and-such, to include X?" is seen as "crying about the (correct) definition of whatever."

Why? Because X doesn't exist, of course! You're not allowing in people who we've kept out, you're making up stupid words and insisting we use them!

It's all about your premises. From my dad's point of view, I'm a fool (and if I accept his premises, that's the conclusion I get, too). From my point of view, Dad's (probably) sadly deluded—and if he accepted my premises, he couldn't help but come to that conclusion himself. I would say @navyman35 isn't offended by the fact that people in this thread are making it more comfortable and welcoming for non-cis people: he's offended by the fact (as he sees it) that people in this thread are willing to ignore reality for the sake of those who insist on denying it.

Being unaware of reality isn't good for anyone. It's dangerous. It's harmful. Of course he disapproves of it. "'Comfortable and welcome'? They're deluded, and breaking a delusion hurts, but it needs to be done!" The problem is that he's the one unaware of reality, and (of course) he's not aware of that.

He'll probably never believe it. This is probably not his fault. The things you're taught as a child take root deep.

Of course, this is just my best guess as to what's going on in his head. I don't actually know. Only navyman35 does. But it is my very best guess, and I think it's a good one.

• [Deleted User]CabotCoveHugs (deleted user)
    edited March 2018

If elderly people can accept it and even support people being themselves, when they were taught in a time that even gay people were arrested for being gay, so can anyone from any generation - if they want to. Choosing not to is a choice. Their choice. We make our own minds up, regardless of what we were taught. There's no point guessing why, Darren, as he's given you nothing to go on, other than disliking being inclusive. Making this thread inclusive isn't too much to ask, Navyman35.

Now, perhaps we can go back to talking about what we love about other people, in general? :-)

I like when women are feminine, but also when women are masculine or somewhere in between.

I like when men are masculine, but also when men are feminine or somewhere in between.

I like when people share their passions with others. I like when people are caring and happy to try things they aren't sure they'll like, just to give it a go with someone they're friends with or love (like a movie, activity, book, etc.)

I like when people make an effort to include those who aren't always included by default, like people who are shy or "different".

I like when a guy can make me feel safe, just by cuddling me, regardless of his size or strength.

I like when women can do things that are typically considered "men's jobs", if they want to.

I like people who live their lives the way they want to, provided it doesn't hurt or isolate anybody just because of who they are (if they aren't hurting anyone).

• edited March 2018

I feel more in tune with women. I never feel that way with guys. Guys might make me laugh but they never make me feel. All my past friends have been women not guys. I'm so blessed to have two lovely daughters.

• I love when men are able to show true strength, which to me is being true to themselves and their emotions. I think it takes an immense amount of strength to be vulnerable and transparent. Unfortunately it's not something commonly encouraged in men. So when I find it, it's a rare gem!

Oh also muscles ?