Name one thing you (LOVE) about the opposite sex

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Thanks, @snughugs and @UKGuy. The assumption that the "opposite sex" as a group has certain traits is rather ridiculous, isn't it? It would be so much easier to name things we love about the people in our lives.

I love my father's gentleness and compassion. He doesn't always understand, but he's always there to comfort me when I need it.

I love my mother's reliability. Whether I need bread or an eye appointment, she's there for me.

• edited March 2018

I was recently transferred to a new location at work and one of the employees at this locations is transgender. I’ve always been a believer In equality for everyone but to be in a situation like this first hand for the first time really makes me think even about a post like this. Maybe this post would be even more interesting if the question were asked, what do you admire about people of the same sex or about other people in general.

• edited March 2018

I love the warmth and strength of a male body. And the softness and calm that seems to come with a more feminine person. And I love the variety that comes with humanity,

• [Deleted User]snughugs (deleted user)

I'd agree that there are no specific personality traits that are exclusive to only men or only women. I suppose we could discuss physical traits but even then it excludes transgender people and is an odd topic of conversation for a platonic website. Though I suppose cuddling preferences could take physicality into account somewhat as well.

As for the qualities that I enjoy about people those tend to go for both men and women - honesty, initiative, good communication. In a bit of a contradiction I like to be held rather than doing the holding but I also prefer to cuddle with people who are shorter than myself.

• The way it feels when a man holds you tight in his arms. For one brief moment I feel safe...