Best misheard lyric fails

Comments

• Police stopped my car

-Feliz Navidad

• Tumbling Dice by The Rolling Stones - the whole song. It's like one big mumble.

• The classic one from Bad Moon Risin' --- "There's a bathroom on the right!"

• Ow we want to f@ck,
    Give us that f@ck.

Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker) by Parliament

• HEY ( HEY ) YOU (YOU)

GET THE F— OFF MY COW !

Get off a my cloud Rolling Stones

• In your panty! Where the passion fruit grows sweet.
    [In Upendi! Where the passion fruit grows sweet.]

• Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
  • This thread should come with a health warning, not to be read while drinking tea.
    I don't want my cause of death to be listed as, "Laughter-induced self-waterboarding with hot beverage".

• I've got two chickens to paralyze- Eddie Money ( Two tickets to Paradise)

• @hillbilly I spit my drink on that one!

• @littermate- Sorry about that coffee stain :-) This thread was good for a few belly laughs-

• edited December 2019

No worries @HillBilly, the belly laughs were worth it.

• @hillbilly and @geoff1000 Omgosh! Spitting out the coffee is a REAL thing!!!

For a really long time I am sad to admit I thought Cat Stevens was talking about Pee Strain.

No joke. hahhahahahaha (I was always like "sheesh go already!!" :)

• When the Knack were singing “my Sharona “ , I thought they were singing My Scrotum

• Not exactly a common radio song, but when I hear "Make Them Suffer" by Cannibal Corpse it always sounds to me like he is saying "make them supper"

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@pmvines: Ha. With some people's cooking (e.g., mine), those two could be the same thing.

This thread is great.

• @pmvines : Summer of 69 is most likely a song about sex as well.

Not trying to come off as a music snob for knowing this about a Bryan Adams song.

• [Deleted User]Aimi702 (deleted user)

When I was 12 years old, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day came out, I used to say "sometimes I wish a lonely bear would find me." I dont know why on earth I would think he would want a bear to find him 😂😂

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

Since it is Christmas- from "Angels We Have Heard On High" - Gloria! In eggshells and mayo! (Gloria! In excelsis Deo!)

• @Aimi702
    Whenever someone asks me to wait, by saying, "bear with me", I always reply, "There's a bear with you ?"

When I first heard someone say, "Some day my Prince will come", I thought they were waiting for delivery of some long-overdue photographs they had sent for.

• edited December 2019

@geoff1000 I will stay away from commenting on the true meaning of “someday my prince will come.”

• @FunCartel
    So glad. I agree it is certainly a reference to the anticipated arrival of "the artist formerly known as" Prince, and we want to respect the way he now wishes to be known.
    ( Hope the moderators are on holiday for Christmas 😀 )

• At the end of Grease, John Travolta remarks on his accumulation of furniture :
    "I got chairs, they're multiplying"

• [Deleted User]iamkimmyp (deleted user)
    edited December 2019

Song the never ending story by Limahl
    My mother heard "the salmons they are spawning" and insisted it was so while alternately singing it loud and off key in our home😜

I loved the Arsenio Hall show back in the day. He said his mother misheard Prince's song Controversy. She was happily singing Count your blessings!😃

• edited December 2019

I got Chairs.... They're multiplying. Hahahaha 😂😂😂

• "Going down on an old man for a transistor radio"

Van Morrison--Brown Eyed Girl

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

"The Jack of Nine Tens"---was supposed to be "The Tracks of My Tears"! My ex STILL laughs at me for that one!! lol
    Imajen

• note: Potentially troublesome content follows... Continue at your own risk...

Wow! Was just listening to some 80's alternative and Just Like Honey by The Jesus and Mary Chain Came on...

I've always heard the lyrics as,
    "I'll be a plastic toilet,
    I'll be a plastic toilet,
    For you" so that's how I've always sung it...

But now that I can sing along while checking the lyrics (thanks Google) it turns out the lines are,
    "I'll be your plastic toy,
    I'll be your plastic toy,
    For you"

But after reviewing the whole song, I've decided I'm sticking with my version, because "I'll be your plastic toy" doesn't make sense either (well it does but eww!). Plus putting into such a sweet sounding song that they're willing to take on all the burdens and worries of their "Honey" and carry them away with all the other scum they consume is a lovely sentiment. 💓

• a few years ago Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis lyrics on a-z lyrics read:
    "Their pi$$ing sounds fill my ears, try to fill me with doubt"
    instead of
    "Their piercing sounds fill my ears, try to fill me with doubt"