How often do you eat a pint of ice cream?

This topic has come up twice in two days.

A friend's date says she eats a pint of ice cream frequently. My friend told her that he's never done so. She thought he was lying. He asked me and I said I'd never eaten a pint, and it was doubtful than I've ever eaten a half pint. He concurred with that assessment for his own eating habits.

Today, out of the blue, a friend told me she frequently eats a pint of ice cream.

Is this a man/woman thing? Is eating a pint of ice cream a regular or infrequent event for most people?

Comments

• I will down a pint of ben and jerrys and the occasional pint of haagen dazs as though the world were about to end

• not a fan of icecream so probably not since I was a kid.

• A few cones a summa maybe a bit mo, whateva I feel like. :)

I <3 Ice Cream :)

Just a thought either she's just obsessed with ice cream or could be a comfort food, either of them might not be healthy though. Hopefully she looks after her best.

A pint would probably last me a week or two. Though it's been forever since I last bought one anyways, I prefer the cones and ice cream sandwiches. :)

• A pint of Ben and Jerrys Karmel Sutra will last me 20 min

• I’m a pastry guy

• edited February 2018

Not often enough. I LOVE ice cream.

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    edited February 2018

The most I've ever eaten in one sitting is half a pint.

This is the most ive ordered which is probably 2 pints. But this was shared with 3 people.

• I do one scoop of Baskin Robbins Gold Medal Ribbon. If I'm splurging, I'll add a scoop of Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I have to keep away from Ben and Jerry's or I would be as round as I am tall.

• Don't think I've ever had a pint all at once. However, it is a widely known fact that ice cream is medicine and cures what ails ya.

@Sideon - Breyer's makes quite excellent sugar free ice cream. The flavors aren't as exotic as Ben & Jerry's, but it has the same medicinal value.

• My university campus sold Ben & Jerry's (so I'm certain they were true 16oz pints). Was a glorious relief due to one summer in a building without air conditioning. But the one time I tried to finish one on my own I felt sick. Always split with my room mate from then on.

I can definitely eat more than a pint over the course of a day though!

• Alternis

I'd take the right one. ;)

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

I rarely keep ice cream in the house. No matter the size, I would eat it all same day. When I just have to have ice cream I compromise and get a dish of Dairy Queen vanilla. It is low fat, tho heavy in sugar and calories. It’s not nearly so exciting as a Ben and Jerry flavor, but in the end it quells the craving.

• I havnt eaten a pint of ice cream in years when I was younger I would eat a pint of coffee Heath crunch in a day . These days it’s like 2 scoops at most . Now Berry pie or cobbler I’ll eat a whole pie if I don’t stop myself

• I tried ice cream with pie for the first time last Thanksgiving. So so good.

• Thanks for reminding me. I had a pint of ice cream in the freezer that I will eat just after writing this post. For the record, a pint of Ice cream isn't that much in my opinion. Sure, it can be shared, but if it's just you, then by all means, eat the whole thing.

• Update: I only ate half of the pint.

• I drank a pint of Beer :-)

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

A big old banana split at a good old fashioned ice cream parlor probably contains a pint or more of ice cream. That’s why the soda jerk asks you, “How many spoons will you need?”

• I don't ever. . .

• Mint chip is my guilty pleasure. I also really love President's Choice Watermelon. Those little flecks of chocolate!!! :p :o And that container is a pint, so whenever I buy it it's gone within a couple days. My husband has taken to buying mango flavor because he knows I will never eat it. But desperate times call for desperate measures...

If anyone here is looking for a different experience with ice cream, try Indian kulfi. It's heavenly, especially coconut, rosewater, and pistachio. And it's a bit lighter on the stomach than full cream ice cream!

• @Catloaf, do desperate times call for mango milkshakes with mint?

Ooh. Kulfi! A friend described crunchy caramel kulfi to me last summer but I still haven't tried it. Rosewater and pistachio flavours also sound delicious.

@Greybeard your posts are always a delight.

• @Catloaf @AllieC try Malai Kulfi or Rasmalai if you want heavenly experience.

• @AJsm
    What I love about kulfi is how the cream mingles well with nuts or dried fruits or whatever you add.

When I cook malai it's usually malai tikka, haha...will have to try this out.

• @Catloaf You will love it. you can get it in Costco or any indian restaurant. Its easy to make at home too.

• Can I have a pint of pineapple? lol

• I could easily eat a pint of ice cream, especially B&J Chubby Hubby, except that I'm lactose intolerant, and need to limit myself to less (usually a quarter or a third of a pint), or I'll end up throwing it up.I
    <3 Jim

• Ice cream is good, but I generally can't eat that much richness all at once, so no, polishing off a pint in a day is not normal for me. Mind you, if my throat is sore, yeah. I could manage that.

• I think we all need a pint of icecream... To share with another cuddler.