What are your main love languages?

Comments

• Acts of Service absolutely. Whenever I find myself in a relationship whether it be romantic or platonic I think actions go so much further than words. If you never told me you loved me but every morning you woke up before me to start my car and scrape the ice off, or did something I asked at least the second time without complaining with in reason, then 'I love you' would always be done, not said. That's how I give my love anyways, in acts.

• Physical Touch, by far. That's the only reason I'm here.

• I recently have been feeling like my love language has been changing slightly. ????

Expanding more into those good feels has been oh so fun. ?

• Knowing physical touch is my primary wasnt much of a shocker the 2nd one words of affirmation was though. Knowing yourself through introspection is so important.

• @happybear I fully agree with you in your sentiments. ??

• @MissAdventurous
    Knowing yourself is the beginning of the journey, communicating your wants, needs, expectations, boundaries, and consent is crucial in mitigating cuddling with a stranger, it helps and makes it so much better when both are on the same page and can have dialogue to work through the turns and bumps in the road..

• [Deleted User]CharlesTwisted (deleted user)

Touch, Words, Service.

Time and Gifts are too often Acts of Negotiation, more than Languages of Love, in my opinion.

• Physical touch is my love language but I have so much more than just that. I want and love to be of Service and also love giving and receiving words of Affirmation. It's a combo of these that make me who I am.

• Physical touch, words of encouragement and flowers!!!

• I'm a fan of them all!

• @MissAdventurous

These are cool! Where you got them? ?

I am not too sure, yet. Also, depends on my type of relationship/connection. So, what I want to give/get can vary.

My love languages I think are as follows:

For me to get: Touch, quality time, and gifts.

Then acts of service, and words of affirmation may be good.

For me to give: Touch, quality time, and gifts.

Probably acts of service, as well.

Words of affirmation are not much my expertise, unless written. Then, I can once in a blue moon.

• Whomever came up with those divisions in the pictures in the first few posts was into sign language. So on behalf of the deaf community I would like to say we passed the audition.

• The French in their inimitably sophisticated way managed to combine food (@laylanie) with blood sacrifice (@hogboblin @DarrenWalker ) in the form of...a sausage (Boudin Noir)!

People from Yorkshire just call it Black Budding, which does not have quite the same ring.

• @Lovelight I'll search for the source. See if I can rummage it up.

• @MissAdventurous thank you, I can try to search. No worries. ?

• edited April 2019

Physical touch and words affirmation if someone can touch me physically and mentally by words they write or speak they will have me melting.

• Words of affirmation then physical touch.

I use these in teaching couples frequently as many times they are not speaking Each others language and can't figure out why they don't feel love and the other thinks they are showing love. Its like being with some one who speaks a foreign language and never learning it. If you want a long term relationship with someone of a different love language then both need to learn a new language.?

One day in mentoring an old couple who hasn't felt love from each other for many years, I had him walk into the kitchen and tell her how much he likes her chicken recipe. (He almost never talks, I had to give him the words). Within moments she became this giggly little girl! Later we reversed and I had her sit beside of him on the sofa and put her arm around his shoulders(she never touches, and didn't know how to, like so awkward and stiff, I needed to tell her how to think thru her motions) and within moments he became this snickering teary eyed little boy! It was so sweet!

• @caringtouch, I loved that story!

• Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time.

• @caringtouch that's wonderful that you help others. ?

• Physical touch and words of affirmation. There have been times in my life where I have been starved for one or both of these, and today I don't take either for granted.

• physical touch and quality time. i guess this is why i cuddle. lol
    but acts of services i like to include just because i know it does wonders for others most of the time.

• Acts of service and giving gifts. Both show thoughtfulness.

• [Deleted User]brsajo (deleted user)

Recieving:
    1. Touch
    2. Time
    3. Service
    4. Affirmation
    5. Gifts

Giving:
    1. Time
    2. Service
    3. Gifts
    4. Touch
    5. Affirmation

1. Physical Touch 2. Acts of Service
    1. General Tso’s Chicken

Oh wait, this isn’t Door Dash.

• Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation

• Semaphore. Using those oversized table tennis paddles they use to land aeroplanes at airports. (Is it thus any wonder I am not that successful in love).