Cuddle comfort confessions

13»

Comments

• I once worked with a Chinese lady who had such a thick accent, even though she was speaking to me in English, I could not understand a word she was saying. When she finished speaking to me I would just nod my head or if I thought she was asking a question, I would respond 'Yes'. It was actually quite embarassing because other people on my team seemed to be able to understand her. I used to dread her coming over to my desk or getting a phone call from her.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited January 2021

A lot of the time I am sure I am too much for people to handle so I push almost everyone away. Subsequently I have next to no friends and am crippled with anxiety, depression and loneliness, but the thought of meeting new people and navigating a new relationship of any kind actually makes me feel terrified.

• [Deleted User]Chris55555 (deleted user)

I agree with @Kimberly555. The battle between needing deep connecting cuddles and cuddling a “stranger” is tough. Thankfully I think connecting deeply through conversation first helps a great deal.

• Most times, if someone tells me something tragic, I react with this dumb, nervous smile. I almost look like I’m laughing 😖 so if someone says to me that they’ve lost their father or their dog died, I have to cover my face so I don’t look heartless.

• this ones for the ladies: I had no idea that certain eyebrow/eyeliner pencils (ex: NYX)were able to be sharpened and used until there was no more LOL i used to just use them until the point got dull and threw them away.... :s

• edited January 2021

@pmvines That post was a long time ago, but I guess next time you could just call the next day and pay over the phone with card.

@Sheena123 I nervous smile too. I'm not sure why this happens sometimes. Must be some kind of weird coping mechanism.

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

I learned to drive with a 1957 Chevy three speed on the column. The ignition switch had four positions. Lock, Off, On and Start. I misread Lock for Look.
    For many years I looked away before starting the car and always wondered why it was necessary.

• My confession is that I'm judging someone on this thread very harshly right now. XD

I'm sorry but isn't the effort of pretending to wash your hands put to better use if you actually wash your hands? 😑 Instead of just standing there.. WASTING WATAH?? SPREADIN' YA GERMS ALL OVAH?? 😂 AHHHHH!!

Also @MelanieL LOLOL 😂 amazing.

• @EarthlyAngel003, I don't even regret noshing that entire cake in the least little bit. It was worth it!!!! B)

• When I grocery shop and I need fresh herbs I take a little bit out of a bundle, and don’t pay for it. I only need a little bit. I’m not gonna buy and take the whole bundle it’ll just go to waste.!

• My cat yells at me when I'm not in bed snuggling her 😂 She's a spoiled brat

• So many petty thieves on CC!

• I sometimes feel like I could crawl into cave and not ever see or talk to.anybody for a really long time , and wouid be content . Not as a forever thing. Sometimes just want that break though.

• When someone hands me a baby, I only ever pretend to be happy about it, while desperately scanning for the next schmuck I can hand it off to. 🤣

~ Sunset Snuggles

• [Deleted User]TheZeroEffect (deleted user)

Sometimes I hide in the bathroom at parties.

• I once had sex in the bathroom during a party

• @SunsetSnuggles I have encountered this before, and it's usually fixable. Would you mind telling us why you're not happy about it?

• @CuddleDuncan I'll PM you, I don't like being too negative on the board, haha.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited April 2022

I confess I don't see why not liking to hold human babies is a problem that would need fixing.

Some people just plain aren't happy about holding certain living things! Unless it's a part of your job or a matter of life and death or something, I think anyone who isn't happy about holding a baby, or a puppy, or an adorable tarantula, is just fine—and there's nothing fixable or unfixable about it.

Getting people to stop assuming you want to hold their pet spider, though... that could be a problem that needs fixing. Personally, I stopped pretending to be happy about being offered babies years ago.

It worked great!

"Oh, thank you, but I couldn't possibly eat another bite" works pretty well too.

• @DaringSprinter
    @CuddleDuncan

No worries, I didn't take issue with the verbiage at all.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I confess (a little ruefully) that I wasn't selfless enough to be thinking of your feelings, @SunsetSnuggles. I've been treated as broken for not wanting to hold human infants, and it annoyed me deeply. I just don't like holding 'em, thanks!

• Confession there are many I could put. For now I'll keep it to 3: 1) I like my place clean and my bed made before I go anywhere.
    2) I get noticeably excited if I see dogs.
    3)Sometimes I indulge in a pastry or other good quality food when I've had a rough day.

• edited April 2022

@DaringSprinter

Getting people to stop assuming you want to hold their pet spider, though... that could be a problem that needs fixing.

That indeed was the fixable problem I was referring to. Not wanting to hold other people's babies obviously isn't a problem, in fact it's highly understandable ..... by everybody except certain baby proprietors. (Although on reading back my post I do see where the ambiguity comes from.)

I'm very happy to hold babies, for the record. However I do sometimes take exception to the presumption. In that case I say, "Oh no, I'm not allowed. I dropped one once. It was all fine, don't worry, but still ....."

@cuddleversed are you sure you're not confusing "confession" with "legitimate boast"?

@SunnyD I would guess that 1) is half the population, 2) is two thirds of the population, and 3) is practically all of the population. I'm not a 1) but I'm very definitely 2) and 3).

@TheZeroEffect again, I suspect nearly everybody's done that at least once. I find that the garden can be even more effective.

@pmvines can I come to the cave too, if I bring beer a good single malt whisky and promise not to talk? Welcome back btw, it's really good to see you.

• @CuddleDuncan thanks old friend its good to see you too ! And you can talk all you like , providing I have some noise cancelling head phones 😉

• I have to refrain from manipulation techniques-I’m a social chameleon and I mirror people to understand them better.
    It takes a lot of individual and isolated effort to make sure I am being authentic.

• [Deleted User]AnamCaraCailin (deleted user)

🎶I always feel like, somebody’s watchin meeee🎶

Seriously, I feel like I’m being watched 24/7. Not in a “I’m so wonderful” type of way, just the opposite, “I’m the worst ever and everyone thinks so”, although I’m sure that’s a form of narcissism, too. I’m conscious of what I’m doing all the time, just in case. Like, I feel like it’d be pretty cool sometimes to pick my nose, you know? But I won’t, cuz….. what if? 🎥😱

• @brightlyconfuse that sounds pretty grim, living like that. Sounds as if it might be a variation on Anxiety.

• [Deleted User]AnamCaraCailin (deleted user)

@CuddleDuncan Oh, for sure anxiety 😅 But I’ve learned to laugh at myself about it, so definitely not grim!