Forum etiquette

Comments

• I want to hug you @melancholy.

• The only other solution I can see for the issues people have between each other is allowing the block feature to extend to the forums. You can't see posts by that person, and that person maybe can't see you, or comment on your threads. How would people feel about that? That way everybody has the option to walk away from what and who they know they don't want to see.

• @Catloaf That is a wonderful suggestion.

• edited November 2019

@littermate How about cuddling too? :)

• @melancholy hit me up for tea when you're in my area and I'll definitely consider that possibility!

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

@melancholy thank you for speaking up about your experience. There were earlier comments that the people who over the bullies were few so the more people who share their stories, the more the mods may feel compelled to make change.

I think the blocked feature should extend to the forums in some capacity (great idea @Catloaf!). People you block shouldn’t be able to see your posts.

• @dharma1257

Hello there! I apologize for taking so long to reply—I’ve been a bit busy.

It happened a while ago. I haven’t gotten around to editing my profile. I should do that soon, I guess.

I’ve been banned from using the forum twice. My first ban lasted a week, and the second lasted two weeks. During this time I was unable to access the forum. Everything else worked perfectly fine. I have no idea how often that sort of thing happens.

As you might imagine, being unable to start conflict on Cuddle Comfort caused me great distress. Have you ever seen the film Trainspotting? If you have, my state was not unlike Ewan McGregor’s, in the scene where he imagines the baby crawling across the ceiling.

Anyways, I was banned for directly insulting people. I haven’t changed my mind about the forum, nor do I find it especially interesting. There are a few people whose posts I do enjoy reading, though.

A few lovely people have told me that my presence keeps things fresh, entertaining, and interesting. I used to post more in-depth topics that posed fascinating questions, but I haven’t done that much as of late. There’s little point, really.

I haven’t cuddled anyone from this site. This is mainly because there aren’t any professionals in Fargo. One day, perhaps. Until then, I’ve got a friend who enjoys being held from time to time. That suits me well.

Hopefully you found my answers illuminating, or at least entertaining.

• edited November 2019

(MOD) Comment removed - personal attack. Member self-deleted. [SoulcuddlerZ]

• @DonLonG I too would snuggle you silly if you were closer, if you'd have me.

• @Pegasus2020 "We could talk about your sordid past which is actually documented and not hearsay. Mark is even on record about his personal intervention after you allegedly gave up **x work."

This is bullying.

• edited November 2019

IMHO bringing up specific things about specific people does not well serve the intent of this thread. The people mentioned then get defensive and history shows things devolve from there. I believe keeping things and debate in the generic and conceptual will better serve the purpose of the thread. If you wish to engage an individual with a grievance, @pmvines created the thread for you.

The purpose of this thread is not to totally rehash the past but build toward a better future.

Just my thought, I could be wrong. Rock on peeps.

PS: There looks to be a growing list to get in on cuddle time with @littermate Please add my name as well 😊

• @PeopleLikeUs
    Actually, since its reactive, not proactive, it can't be bullying. Perhaps its karma.

• edited December 2020

Removed inappropriate sexual comment.[-Sid]

• edited November 2019

Redacting my comment here since I don't want it used by other trolls/fake accounts to fuel more drama in the future.

• Hahaha old white ladies. I am a member of that esteemed group. However, I don't think it's only us old white bats who have issue with people ignoring the nature of the site, ignoring our explicit profile statements about the platonic nature of our offering, or our very explicit words to that effect. I have to agree that the presence of that element does contaminate the platonic nature of this site, but it takes a special kind of obliviousness, self-centeredness and one-dimensional thinking to approach women on this site as "easy" and push explicitly stated boundaries. You bet I don't like that and will report it. I wish everyone would to make it safer for those of us who joined here because of the very clearly stated purpose of this community.

@littermate I see your old white lady. We can be co-chairs of that esteemed group.

Btw, you, me, @DonLonG in a cuddle sandwich?? ;)

• edited December 2020

Removed personal attack.[-Sid]

• @Mark there are quite a few rude comments being thrown around that don’t belong in a site like this.

For those that have been insulted, I just want to say that you guys seem like super strong people that can handle these cruel comments so I hope it doesn’t make you give up on the site. I can’t believe that some people can just throw away actual helpful arguments towards a discussion in favour of hurtful, stupid comments. How disrespectful.....

• @Catloaf I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.

It's truly despicable that anyone thinks it's appropriate to throw someone's past in their face in such a manner. @Pegasus2020 I hope you remember the saying of glass houses and throwing stones.

I appreciate @Catloaf and her honesty. The people who don't admit to mistakes from the past are usually the ones who need to actively hide things.

• @Catloaf i know your heart and know that you are true to your word . I don't fault you for your experiences , and if you say something to be fact , I take it as truth 🤗

• @2dogmom in a heartbeat
    @DocTarry Hahahaha. Cluck cluck. I'm a babe. Lots of people want to touch me. <3 Sorry I hurt your feelings (honestly). Something about your phrasing felt hurtful, somewhere between the "banging" and the "old white ladies."

• @Pegasus2020 Your comment earlier was not acceptable and I believe it breaks the baiting rule in this forum. Please take note and consider this a warning.

@DocTarry 😂😂 wow. Insulting my size and making mean comments about my marriage is so mature. Good riddance.

• @Catloaf Me and my Maine Coon stand with you.

(or loaf in contentment if you prefer😎)

• I'm gonna make the move to steer this topic back to its original intention.

It seems people like the suggestion of a block feature being implemented on the forum, and I've seen others suggest it in the past, too. I'm sure there's a reason why something like that hasn't gone live whether it be ethical or technical, and I'd be curious to know @Mark's opinion on that suggestion, if it hasn't already been shared in past discussion. It seems like people want the community to be wary of how their interaction affects others, and we know that isn't going to happen all of the time. So the most logical solution seems to be to put the axe in people's hands so the site staff doesn't have to waste their time settling personal differences.

Thanks guys very much for your support, not only of me but of each other as well. That's what I enjoy about this forum. Some of us can disagree, some of us can get nasty, some of us make bad choices, but this community makes love and acceptance an option and the priority, and in my experience that allows for more opportunity than shame, hate and judgment ever will.

• edited November 2019

I remain open to the idea if it really becomes necessary but I'm still resistant to it.

In my experience it causes more disruption. You have people getting confused with the flow of discussion. People getting confused by others replying to posts they cannot see. People enjoying the opportunity to declare how they have allegedly blocked someone in order to publicly shame them while staying within the rules.

So yeah, I like the idea on the surface but not enthusiastic about it in practice.

• @Catloaf You are Amazing! You are Valuable. You are Strong. And the love, acceptance and admiration that is the majority more than drowns out the hate and shame. Rock on girl!