Can you get disease out of doing this?

2»

Comments

• I think it would be pretty hard don’t cuddle someone with the flu

• [Deleted User]rheaah (deleted user)
    edited November 2019

@VN6056 , what did you mean by this:

_"... Suggest a Google session

About 11-12% of adults have HSV2. Nearly double in a specific race per CDC. 50% do not show symptoms.

Up to 90% carry HSV1 (cold sore type).

The types can cross over and incubation periods can be from 6 weeks to much longer"_

If you are citing references, do not truncate without the actual citation and why you are using it.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

I'm only here to see the comments. And I always end up laughing in tears at @DonLonG and @pmvines. 😂😂 your comments make my day!

But like everyone else said, you can get a virus, cold, etc cuddling someone sick or unsanitary or have an allergic reaction to something they give you or something you come in contact with.

• edited November 2019

Talk about putting the the “lice” in licentious.

• edited November 2019

These are all good examples of physical diseases. But do you think social diseases are an epidemic that affects us as well as evidence of two other active threads being discussed about no shows and broken promises?

Ideas and actions can be infectious:
    When abused, they can be like a communicable disease that poisons our minds and corrupting our trust in others. Every time someone violates our comfort zone or breaks the TOS, whether at a cuddle session or online, it spreads fear and paranoia in the community that stays with us, festering in our minds that impact future cuddles and decisions.

But when used properly, awareness is like a vaccine, and contagious laughter helps it go viral. Or would that be anti-viral?
    @SoftPetals 💕💗

• Yes, you can contract a disease from cuddling. The one that runs rampant in the community is called “The Cuddler’s Malady”, but commonly referred to as Cooties.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

@DonLonG YES! Social diseases are an epidemic too! I absolutely agree. Yes viral would be the correct word lol 😂😂😂😂😂❤

• Although things can be passed person to person in such close proximity, my immune system is better than ever since I started cuddling. I have an autoimmune disorder. I use to get sick, especially with strep at least 2 times a year. I havnt had to use any antibiotics, nor gotten sick since right before I started cuddling in Feb 2017. One of the many reason I am grateful for cuddling.

• Exposure to germs will help to keep your immune system on it's toes

• Yes, it's called brokeitus and it's probably due to the fact everything costs money but the irony is the cure was discovered a little too late in my case you might have heard about it it is an unconditionaloid - very addictive...... but alas im in the chronic stages i dont know maybe i'm bitter my doctor didn't catch the disease before it was too late.....

• I contracted some pleasant aromas and some not so pleasant odors. Depending on the hygiene of my cuddle buddy! Lol

• [Deleted User]T28 (deleted user)

It’s addictive. You could get snuggleitis, and then you’ll need to quit your job and become a cuddle pro to support your habit.

• @rheaah

I was simply suggesting that Google can be used to sched light on the spread of HSV1;2

I then listed selected facts as I recalled them.

• I hope not

• Cuddle hangover (its a thing)

• Please don’t cuddle when sick!

• [Deleted User]rheaah (deleted user)

@VN6056 I understand that Google is really good at retrieving pieces of info from everywhere else and expectorating it on their platform, it should not be misconstrued as expert advice -- even the CDC is not perfect, though it never hurts to get facts from sound, logical, non-biased multiple sources and laying it out in a non-biased way generally.

I think the fear of getting sick is weakening humanity's immune system. If everyone does simple hygiene that has been proven to help, it wouldn't be an issue to begin with. I have a healthy respect for the viral, bacterial and mold kingdoms, btw.

• @rheaah You may have a point but I was only addressing herpes and the possibility that one may catch it from skin to skin contact. It really isn't a hygiene issue.

• I'm carrying the love virus. Don't get near me. I'll infect you.