For-U-m of Support - positivity!

Comments

• [Deleted User]Finicat (deleted user)

New to this site. Loved reading this forum. I saved so many of the pictures and now have a new favorite song. :)

• edited January 2020

Awwwww <3 @Finicat WELCOME!!! This is a fabulous thread to start on. :) @Sideon of course.... ROFL AND spot on!!!
    @beardedtech so many good things... You are a NEW YOU!!!!! The cracks ARE beautiful! Thank you @junipersky and how could I forget @snuggleme123 such a beautiful start to the new year. A-MA-ZING!!!! 😊
    This reminds me that no matter what happens around me I get to find something to focus on and be grateful for. Like you guys!!

• I love this too. Holding fast to “love and light” for everyone but brave enough to say “you do you” if what I am or who I have decided to be offends you. 😂😂😂!

• Good morning, Cuddle Comfort peeps.

• Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

“There is no list of rules. There is one rule. The rule is: there are no rules. Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to. As your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be. Being traditional is not traditional anymore. It’s funny that we still think of it that way. Normalize your lives, people. You don’t want a baby? Don’t have one. I don’t want to get married? I won’t. You want to live alone? Enjoy it. You want to love someone? Love someone. Don’t apologize. Don’t explain. Don’t ever feel less than. When you feel the need to apologize or explain who you are, it means the voice in your head is telling you the wrong story. Wipe the slate clean. And rewrite it. No fairy tales. Be your own narrator. And go for a happy ending. One foot in front of the other. You will make it.” ~ Shonda Rhimes

(art by Catherine Rebeyre)

• @sideon freaking amazing. My new mantra. <3

• @hicuddler, @sillysassy , @beardedtech , @littermate , @2dogmom , et al. - take up the mantle if you so choose.

• Invitation taken @Sideon.

• Awwww Mr. @sideon. Yes yes yes. So true.
    In this space of self care being nice just happened. It flowed, not motivated by fear but by love
    ♥️

I found this amazing song that really spoke to me. Sometimes I’ll replay it at least five times in a row. I don’t know that the artist intended it for this kind of self reflection… But it certainly worked out that way for me! 😂😂😂
    I sort of think of it as my anthem right now. For the first time in my life I am not going to sacrifice my self worth for others happiness. I’m going to listen to my body and my intuition and do the best thing for me without intent to harm anyone. I feel like some days I have to apologize to my younger self… No time like the present! 😊
    “I know I haven’t taken the time to tell you that you’re beautiful! So instead of making up an excuse I’m gonna make it up to you. I’m gonna get myself together. From this day on I won’t let you down.”

Meghan Trainor “I Won’t Let You Down”

• In "As Good As it Gets" Jack Nickolson tells his female friend that he is going to start taking his unpleasant pills, because she makes him want to be a better person ; or rather, to let himself be the better person he truly is.
    The lengthy quote is on the IMDB website.

Anything worth having, is worth a little hard work to achieve ; and sometimes we value things more, by remembering that hard work.

• edited January 2020

@geoff1000 I loved this.... "He decided to let himself be the better person he truly is" What a fabulous reminder. There are plenty of times that I'm acting ugly and I love it when someone reminds me that I can "be my best self" if I want to. :)

@StoryDoctor1138 hahahahha zen gps. Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!! I don't care who you are!!! 😂😁😂

• Gosh I L <3 VE THIS THREAD!!

• @sillysassy
    Plus. . .
    Give shelter to those who pass by
    Be fruitful
    Watch out for people with chainsaws

• @geoff1000 hahahhahaha 😂😁😂 GOOD ONE!!!!!

• @sillysassy
    You baked the cake, I just added a couple more decorations. 😀

• @Sideon (did someone miss the toilet??) hahahhahaha that's terrible... I should edit... nahhhhhhhh

• Right backatcha, @sillysassy ;)

• Love that one, @littermate . Thank you.

• @Sideon I see the kitty picture and all I can think is a word balloon of the cat saying "Oh MAN, I'm gonna get blamed for the dog peeing the washroom floor again."